The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The whole document is littered with errors, from simple grammar to entire words being missed out and also leaves you to work out who Mr Sherry is yourself without any explanation prior to his name being mentioned. Doesn't paint the SPFL in a very professional light. However, it paints us in an even worse light. Banter aside (GIRUY Crawford) Lang and Campbell should go, this should be the final nail in their ever sealing coffin. 

Oot. Now,

The balance of probability is that the document was put together by a half wit.

45 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Is it not just a report on what happens day in day out when it comes to football and players and managers?   Agent makes team aware that client would be interested in being their manager.  Team asks what contract manager is on.  Team have a chat and make the decision that they would like said manager.  Team tell said managers agent that they would be interested.  Team then phone managers chairman and ask for permission to speak to manager. Chairman pulls a ridiculous number out of his head in terms of compensation to speak to manager.  Team laugh at that number and tell managers agent they arent paying anything like that and that if the manager wants to come to falkirk he'll have to resign.  Manager complains to chairman that he wants to speak to falkirk.  Chairman ludicrously gives the manager right to speak to falkirk but not about terms of the job etc( what the feck is all that about) .  Manager resigns  and moves to Falkirk.  Now normally at this stage some form of sensible compensation would be worked out between the clubs but instead Morton decide to go to the SPFL and start greeting which has ended up with them getting absolutely nowt instead of a sensible sum for breaking a years employment . I don't think we've done anything much different from most apart from maybe not asking for permission to speak to the backroom staff perhaps.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Love it when the Falkirk leagle eagles come out the woodwork again talking like they have a clue about anything.

I'll be back when we get our compensation. 150k spent on compo, big wage January signings and relegation anyway. Glorious.

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Love it when the Falkirk leagle eagles come out the woodwork again talking like they have a clue about anything.

I'll be back when we get our compensation. 150k spent on compo, big wage January signings and relegation anyway. Glorious.

Nearly as good as the Greenock Legal Eagles that seem to everything about employment law.

On another note the most f*cked up thing about it was M Lang wasnt allowed to take the case for Falkirk's behalf as she is a working lawyer how f\*cked up is that one.

5 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Pennies for the Navy Blue tbh.

9 minutes ago, port-ton said:

An especially delicious brand of tantrum. You are welcome back any time.

Edited by Duncan Freemason
Simplify for Port-ton

52 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The first image shows why a further court case won’t happen, and why there is room to appeal should they wish. “Balance of probability” isn’t proof of anything.

The second image shows how badly the document was cobbled together. Read the last sentence. Who proof read that howler?E1B5D818-2602-40EF-A80A-7494EE5D20FB.thumb.jpeg.1423fa1d098ccb88d6bb8cafc8b759af.jpeg

E6CC71DA-9A52-4CBC-8BBB-25E91DE846EE.jpeg

Civil suits are based on the Balance of Probability actually. So Morton have precedent now that Falkirk are guilty and, therefore, any compensation would be sought on the basis that Falkirk - and by extension Ray etc. - are guilty. 

Edited by KabbaCharming

Civil suits are based on the Balance of Probability actually. So Morton have precedent now that Falkirk are guilty and, therefore, any compensation would be sought on the basis that Falkirk are guilty. 

Falkirk guilty of tapping up. Ray McKinnon had “no specific period of notice” in his contract.

Ray McKinnon tears up his contract legally, Falkirk appoint him. Hardlines mate.

Safe to say none of us really have a clue where this goes from here. I'd be surprised if we ended up with any money.

I'm pleased we've come out of this well though. Would've liked a bit of cash, but that statement is pretty damning of FFC and McKinnon & Co. 

35 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Right Edibairn thats enough. 

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Safe to say none of us really have a clue where this goes from here. I'd be surprised if we ended up with any money.

I'm pleased we've come out of this well though. Would've liked a bit of cash, but that statement is pretty damning of FFC and McKinnon & Co. 

I don't think anyone came out of it looking good.  Mortons undoing on getting no money was on the fact their contract didn't have clauses for him leaving.  

Really liked this part of the tribunal ruling, 

"Mr McKinnon was particularly unimpressive in his evidence and we were unable to accept that he was a sufficiently credible witness for his evidence to be relied upon by us..."

Great reputation to have when you are trying to deal with players and their agents.