The Falkirk FC Thread

I think Falkirk fans are now addicted to new signings , it's like Hartley let us try some crystal meth and now we need to have at least a dozen fixes every window.

Most clubs do little or nothing in January. We sign a whole new team and want more (by the way I am well aware we need to).

Seriously how much is all this costing every window?  Does anyone think this is possibly gross mismanagement? 

I sincerely hope this fans shares buyout initiative gets over the line coz someone needs to be accountable for this ongoing mess. 

I don't see Harrison as any worse a player then edjenguele to be honest and he's just as physical.  Surprised McKinnon never gave him a chance along side mckenna before getting anyone else in.  Same type of pairing as the old Stuart Burgess Roddie Manley one.

2 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Some laugh if the only thing we announce today is the apparent long awaited return of the curry club..

*notifications ping, multiple times*

Me, every single time: Yaaas here we go! Who's joined the Rayvolution?

"Remember and get your 50/50 tickets around the ground on Saturday*

*Thanks to our sponsors blah blah*

*Hospitality v QOS is still available*

*EdiBairn is a gonk*

*The next curry club will take place in a hot tub, suspended from a crane!*

Me: rocks back and forth; mashes F5 on here repeatedly...

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't see Harrison as any worse a player then edjenguele to be honest and he's just as physical.  Surprised McKinnon never gave him a chance along side mckenna before getting anyone else in.  Same type of pairing as the old Stuart Burgess Roddie Manley one.

Agreed, however Harrison is contracted until 2020 is he not? Might be the case that Ray is looking to offload him for that reason and the edge won't cost as much to cover until the end of the season. 

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

How many games have you actually watched Edge? I can’t see how anyone can judge him properly on odd games against us. Harrison scoring the odd goal has somehow made him a better defender. He’s absolutely useless and it’s no surprise since dropping him for Dixon and McKenna we have been far more solid at the back. 

Edited by wee_bairn

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't think McKenna is the type of player to work with him, I'd thought a Neil Oliver or perhaps Roddy Manley type who both tended to sweep up behind their partner is required for him, but you'd still get that occasional game where he would get raped with pace being his downfall.

He strolled Monday's reserve game winning all aerial battles and can pass a ball, can't say the same about his partner in Brough that day.

Reserve games and first team games are night and day but if you have something about you, you do stick out in them, I do think he is missing that nasty streak in him, probably too nice

13 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

How many games have you actually watched Edge? I can’t see how anyone can judge him properly on odd games against us. Harrison scoring the odd goal has somehow made him a better defender. He’s absolutely useless and it’s no surprise since dropping him for Dixon and McKenna we have been far more solid at the back. 

The fact that United are willing to let him go but still keep Paul Watson tells you everything you need to know about how much they rate him.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

I don't think McKenna is the type of player to work with him, I'd thought a Neil Oliver or perhaps Roddy Manley type who both tended to sweep up behind their partner is required for him, but you'd still get that occasional game where he would get raped with pace being his downfall.

He strolled Monday's reserve game winning all aerial battles and can pass a ball, can't say the same about his partner in Brough that day.

Reserve games and first team games are night and day but if you have something about you, you do stick out in them, I do think he is missing that nasty streak in him, probably too nice

Mckenna should be able to play the roddie manley role surely. Bit of pace and very good with the ball at feet.  Not so strong in thre air which is why you would pair him with a more physical player like Edjenguele or Harrison.

34 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

The edge has played against Falkirk 5 times in 30 months at United.

Losing 1 which was in 2016 shortly after signing for United. 

He played both legs in the play offs when united put us out in 2017 also.

Edited by gav-ffc

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The edge has played against Falkirk 5 times in 30 months at United.

Losing 1 which was in 2016 shortly after signing for United. 

He played both legs in the play offs when united put us out in 2017 also.

I am not accusing anyone of anything but if he was a white Scottish defender he wouldn’t get half the flack he does ATM, see Boyata and Ambrose.

Fecks sake .A shite footballer is a shite footballer no matter their race creed or colour.   I'd rather have edjenguele than Tam Scobbie back thats for sure.  As I said previously hopefully if we get the right partnership together he'll do ok.  I always remember Ivo Den Bieman making Kevin Christie look a decent player until he left and Christie turned out to be feckin hopeless.

Edited by Shodwall cat