The Falkirk FC Thread

If it tranpires that Hippo is the striker then thats another boot in the nuts after yesterday's underwhelming signing.  Be aswell trying to re sign Baird or McHugh for the comedy factor. 

I think Bainsfordbairn has already confirmed he’s not the striker we are looking for. He could however be the wide player we are looking for who could fill in as a striker when needed....

One good game in about eight he would do something spectacular. The rest of the time he was either anonymous, lazy or falling on his arse.  Sometimes all 3.  

I’ll have you know that falling on his arse brought us three points at EEP not too long ago.....

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Tidser rumour seems to have gone quiet.  But given Morton signed two new players maybe him announced on a pca tomorrow? 

Don’t think McKinnon would breathe a word of it if he was indeed interested in Tidser. I think that would be 100% on the QT until it was done.

Only 27 hours to run, so I guess not long to wait for the good/bad/no news.

I guess the only things that are settled for now is our defensive and midfield players.

3 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

The second time he was with us YES.  Are you OK?  Sit down and take deep breaths.

Loy has been one of the best strikers we have had in the 10 years down here. His last stint he clearly had problems as all of a sudden he wasn't the player he used to be. To lump him in with a c**t that didn't even try and say he's one of the worst if a fucking farce. Shame on you. You are talking absolute pish. 56 years? Rory loy? You are having a laugh. Just have a think about every striker we have had and come back to me. 

Not sure how reliable this is as it came from a mate who supports Dunfermline (Yeah I know) but rumours are from their side, Hippo is coming to us as part of a swap deal.

Apparently they are desperate for a centre half and a striker so might be possible that either Harrison or Brough is going the opposite way which would put a slightly different angle on things.  Although could just be a load of shite

Not sure how reliable this is as it came from a mate who supports Dunfermline (Yeah I know) but rumours are from their side, Hippo is coming to us as part of a swap deal.
Apparently they are desperate for a centre half and a striker so might be possible that either Harrison or Brough is going the opposite way which would put a slightly different angle on things.  Although could just be a load of shite

That would be pretty amusing....and in line with the usual Dunfermline recruiting our duds policy....

10 minutes ago, ffcslaing10 said:

If it was Harrison that would make sense as he is on a 2 year deal

9 hours ago, LondonBairn said:

So you'd rather the BoD offered long term deals to championship players on championship wages when there's a strong chance we'll be in league 1 next season? Can't see how that could possibly go wrong.

No I'd rather we had the spine of a settled team over more than half a season at least with promising youth players coming through. That's how good clubs are run Edi.  

Edited by Hank von Hell

8 minutes ago, keithgy said:

If it was Harrison that would make sense as he is on a 2 year deal

If it were to happen, then there’s two outcomes. Harrison comes good, and turns into a centre half with a good turn of pace, or it signals the beginning of the end of Crawford’s brief spell in charge.

I really have nothing against Harrison. He gave all he had to give (including a golden ticket winning goal), but if I were a betting man, I would pick the latter outcome.

If there’s any truth in this - didn’t you guys mention the possibility of one of Robson or McGhee maybe being shown the door?

Can’t think of any strikers you guys have that we’d be remotely interested in.

2 minutes ago, forzapars said:

If there’s any truth in this - didn’t you guys mention the possibility of one of Robson or McGhee maybe being shown the door?

CsRBGfnXEAEQBBN.thumb.jpg.9b6df4a81717e2105b80a0456564ccf4.jpg

15 minutes ago, forzapars said:

O'Hara the only striker that is actually "ours" you can have him for free with a choice of Harrison or Brough.  We'll even throw in a Joe McKee if we cant punt him to Morton for Tidser. 

Going by all the half arsed rumours on here, tomorrow is going to be interesting. 

Been more than a fair share of swapsies in the championship this season so anything is possible. 

But please Ray, deliver us a striker :thumsup2

Edited by Sgt Bilko