The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am dreading someone else’s “one for the future”.

thats really just a word play of "he might surprise us and be good and someone will be daft enough to pay us a fee for him"

Just now, Rocco said:
7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
On the scale of John Stewart to Simon Stainrod  what are we talking about in levels of strikers here ?

Surely that scale should be Dennon Lewis to Simon Stainrod

i was torn between which one was worse in all fairness am pretty sure the skelf managed to kick a car wing mirror off so 1 nil to the skelf

52 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I nearly got a trip to Stamford Bridge last year. Sammut initially wasn't available to come to Scotland on the date we wanted to announce him, so I offered to take a trip to London. It wouldn't have cost anything as I have free train travel in the UK, courtesy or 25 years as a railwayman.

The chance to photograph a Chelsea player, at their home ground, wearing an FFC top and holding up a Falkirk scarf would have made for a cracking picture.

Sadly it didn't come to anything.

As for Lee Erwin, I wouldn't hold your breath. I know the player we're hoping to land as a striker and it's not him. His  name hasn't appeared anywhere online so if it does happen it'll be a surprise to everyone.

A2223D63-4FCF-4F4A-8927-FEDCFC3C0A9E.jpeg.371fbde7b58ad186e839e5a43f5b36ed.jpeg

I nearly got a trip to Stamford Bridge last year. Sammut initially wasn't available to come to Scotland on the date we wanted to announce him, so I offered to take a trip to London. It wouldn't have cost anything as I have free train travel in the UK, courtesy or 25 years as a railwayman.
The chance to photograph a Chelsea player, at their home ground, wearing an FFC top and holding up a Falkirk scarf would have made for a cracking picture.
Sadly it didn't come to anything.
As for Lee Erwin, I wouldn't hold your breath. I know the player we're hoping to land as a striker and it's not him. His  name hasn't appeared anywhere online so if it does happen it'll be a surprise to everyone.

A surprise or a who the f**k is he moment?

I think a lot of our supporters have lost sight of the fact that he is a player that turns up one game out of five. So busy pointing out the games where he did this or that that they are overlooking the games where he was invisible. And that's the difference in him now, he's mainly invisible. Pretty much only scores against us and that's because we are the worst team in the league. 

Funny, my recollection is that most of us wanted to keep him when the much anticipated Hartley revolution was underway.
For me Hippolyte, on just a decent day, can cause havoc when running at defences. The issue is that he didn’t convert too often and the opportunity was lost or passes went astray, but I can see a poacher like Rudden feeding off the loose balls in opposition penalty areas. I for one, would love to see him back....

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I think a lot of our supporters have lost sight of the fact that he is a player that turns up one game out of five. So busy pointing out the games where he did this or that that they are overlooking the games where he was invisible. And that's the difference in him now, he's mainly invisible. Pretty much only scores against us and that's because we are the worst team in the league. 

He has spent the majority of his career post us up front, Hippo will never be a forward at this level or above as we all have seen in his short stints up top for us in that he only scored against the seaside league teams and doesn't have that striker instinct.

He was most folks POTY in his last full season up till  January scoring 8 goals then he did fall of a cliff and scored no more goals and was in and out the starting 11. 

Still for a me a capable player when his head is right but not as a striker unless we go down as I think he could easily score 20-30 as a striker in the seaside leagues

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

That right there is the gamble. 

Same with any player, he has the ability in that some of our players don't possess no matter where their heads are

Its not ideal but we are where we are in rushing for players now, Id take a Hippo over another project player trying to prove themselves with zero man football in them, obviously tho as a wide player

Edited by MrDust

I'd also like to think that hippo's previous dillusions of granduer will have diminished somewhat since his unsuccessful stint with st mirren. That definitely detracted from some of his performances with us last time around. Perhaps he could settle and focus a bit more this time as opposed to constantly looking elsewhere as he seemed to be previously.

16 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Its not ideal but we are where we are in rushing for players now, Id take a Hippo over another project player trying to prove themselves with zero man football in them, obviously tho as a wide player

Couldn't agree more.  Ideally I would not be looking for Hippolyte to return but our current circumstances are about as far from ideal as you can get. I'd certainly prefer him to yet another identikit obscure kid from a big club in England who has never been near a first team but is apparently "highly-rated", by whom is never made clear. The last thing a club in our position needs.

Couldn't agree more.  Ideally I would not be looking for Hippolyte to return but our current circumstances are about as far from ideal as you can get. I'd certainly prefer him to yet another identikit obscure kid from a big club in England who has never been near a first team but is apparently "highly-rated", by whom is never made clear. The last thing a club in our position needs.

Quite amusing reading this. Was it really only a few months ago we were saying exactly the opposite...[emoji3]