The Falkirk FC Thread

Don't like to raise any false hopes but there has been a complete lack of Bainsfordbairn since last night. I wonder if he is asking any young blokes to say CHEESE?
And then hopefully once hes finished doing that he could be photographing new signings?

I hear ye brother.

6 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Keep the faith, BB is about to drop a bomb

Jus to kill this one,

nothing photographic has been done for the club today. It's possible something will happen tomorrow, and it's also possible that something will happen without my involvement if we secured a target who's not available to come to the stadium.

Time will tell on both fronts.

Gav hits the nail on the head. Being a winger is the most inconsistent position on the pitch as your expected to beat you man every time which just isn’t going to happen. If he was so consistent he wouldn’t be playing in Scotland never mind the championship. He’s got the ability to play utter terrible yet have a match winning moment in him. He also looks better than McLean who has fizzled out as weeks has went on.

Jus to kill this one,
nothing photographic has been done for the club today. It's possible something will happen tomorrow, and it's also possible that something will happen without my involvement if we secured a target who's not available to come to the stadium.

Would this unavailable target be in Iran just now?

Not at all keen on Hippo the sequel.
Completely meh at Livingston, us, St Mirren and the Fifers.
Why should we expect him to be a success this time?
I would agree with this but there is a possibility that what's happened to him in the past year may have got him to screw his head on. Hartley pushed him out the door here and he then went to a Strong Mirren team that he struggled to break into, before being let go in the summer. He then signed for Dunfermline, which I doubt would have been where he wanted to be and now they're letting him go.

All this might have put things into perspective for him and he may well kick on being back at a place he looked happy. We can only hope this is the case if he does sign

Downed tools to force a move, then didn't pick them up again at St Mirren. Carried that on into Dunfermline. 

If we get him back, it's not going to be our Hippo we get back, it'll be the St Mirren/Dunfermline one. Love to be wrong, but just can't see it.

I think IIRC Hippo leaving us was met with pretty mixed reviews. If I could be arsed searching back I would. I might later. I wouldnt say he was of the Jimmy Craigen get him tae f**k mould. Thats not how I remember it going down.

I dont think most had him in the tool downing category.

Hippolyte scored, was playing well in his last appearance against QOS in a 3-2 win in December 2017 - I remember I was surprised at how much he looked up for it that day - until he got injured, taken off and was never seen again after he was shipped out by Hartley. The idea he 'downed tools' is a myth.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Hippolyte scored, was playing well in his last appearance against QOS in a 3-2 win in December 2017 - I remember I was surprised at how much he looked up for it that day - until he got injured, taken off and was never seen again after he was shipped out by Hartley. The idea he 'downed tools' is a myth.
My recollection was that there was really no space for him in a 532 and that was the end of it. Its potentially an uninspiting footbll but surprised to see Falkirk fans syaing he doesnt look like a footballer etc when we probably have seen the best of him so far in his career.

That night he ragdolled the **** is probably the best substitute performance iv seen in years.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:
why would Dunfermline loan a striker to a team who are in the relegation battle with them?  Makes no sense.

Who said loan?

oh, I thought it was going to be a loan

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Jus to kill this one,

Can they not just send you out to Iran to take his photie there? :osama:

Don't get the mass negativity towards hippo to be honest. My memories of him are generally positive. At the very least he can be very entertaining. Yes he is a bit hit and miss but when he is on it he really is a handful for defenders, especially at championship level. In the squad we have now assembled he'd give us a good degree of flexibility in attacking positions. It is beginning to sound like we may be struggling to get our first choice striker target through the door and in the absence of any readily available quality alternatives I'd be quite happy having him as another option.

The negativity on here is unbelievable, we had a team of world beaters in the summer until we seen them, now anyone with eyes can see how we've improved but we're going down, not strong enough etc. Why are so many running down Laverty? Looked ok while on the park Saturday. Ok, Sammut etc didn't make the step up from english under 23s but are we forgetting where Robson, Nelson and the Jak were playing? 

Would rather play Petra or Laverty than hippo, with 14 games left we'd get 1 good game out of him if we were lucky!