The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Trump said:

This.

Not really sure what people are expecting us to attract being bottom of the league when everyone else in the league is looking for improvements.

McKinnon wants to play with wide players and the only player I’m okay with playing wide is DKD, possibly Robson at a push. Think Waddington will be better through the middle and Petra as a forward on the last man or nothing. Not sold on McLean although it’s early days.

His inconsistency and current team won’t help himself with supporters here but not sure what a viable alternative would be?

IMO Robson is far and away our best wide player. Fast with a great delivery and a bit of trickery as well. I think he would be better than Hippo wide left even though I would prefer to play him as a WB.

I would only object to him coming back if he's being signed as  striker. If he's signed as another attacking/wide midfield option then fine but we need a more experienced and consistent player to lead the line with Rudden. Ray said two players still to come in? One striker + Hippo would be satisfactory imo 

I love Tommy Robson but I dont like this push hin forward talk really. It might work, but if you listen to Andy Robertson, one of the best full backs in the world, it doesnt work like that. Most attacking full backs like to bomb on from deep and I think if you watch Robson that clearly applies.

If Hippo signs I think Mackinnon would want to go with this
Burgoyne
Kidd/McGhee McKenna Edge Dixon
Waddington McShane Osman Hippo
Rudden New ST
We'd also have loads of options off the bench like MacLean, DKD and Petravicius
f**k off Edi, you absolute virgin x

1 minute ago, LondonBairn said:

If Hippo signs I think Mackinnon would want to go with this

Burgoyne

Kidd/McGhee McKenna Edge Dixon

Waddington McShane Osman Hippo

Rudden New ST

We'd also have loads of options off the bench like MacLean, DKD and Petravicius

I thought Kidd was first choice right back and was only “rested” due to all the games we’ve been playing Edi

I'd second that, as would Dunfermline and St Mirren fans, tbf. 
Bit confused about this. In Houstons last full season, Hippolyte looked like the only bright light we had going forward and dragged us into games himself on a good few occasions. I think he suffered in the Houston/Hartley team that threw it in but a few folk here and jumping on the Pars assessment of Hippolyte rather than remembering how he did for us.

Inconsistency is one we will all throw at him but this other stuff is pish. He put in plenty of good performances for us. Other criticisms include giving away pointless fouls, being offside too much and diving, but plenty times he was the game changer for us.

Def not. A sand dancer, good once in 5 or 6 games and proved last time around how ineffective he is when the going gets tough. Which it certainly is, so not what we need.
Scored a tap in against us, otherwise pretty much anonymous against our pisspoor defence, which speaks volumes. Also falls over too easily and often.  Even  Hot-head Higginbotham would be far better, given a (hypothetical) choice between the two. 

he is streets ahead of mclean and waddington as far as playing on the wing goes

Guest Ecosse83

Hippolyte was inconsistent but so is every winger at this level. If he was signed to play on the left then fine by me. I reckon McKinnon might just be able to get the best out of him.

59 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I would only object to him coming back if he's being signed as  striker. If he's signed as another attacking/wide midfield option then fine but we need a more experienced and consistent player to lead the line with Rudden. Ray said two players still to come in? One striker + Hippo would be satisfactory imo 

Missed this earlier. I think its a level headed and fair assessment. 

In conclusion, heads gone if we dont sign a striker.