The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

IMG_2198.jpg

If that's our striker, can Arbroath not go into free fall of the top of the league, quite fancied a few piss ups next season there.

I dont mind Hippo tbh but as I repeatedly said to the Fifers, he is not a striker

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

If that's our striker, can Arbroath not go into free fall of the top of the league, quite fancied a few piss ups next season there.

I dont mind Hippo tbh but as I repeatedly said to the Fifers, he is not a striker

I'd hope Hippo would be in addition to a striker. We're not bursting with options at left wing.

28 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The accounts tell you f all.

We will be paying more that £600/week for a good few IMO

I mean that from the limited information within the accounts it certainly doesn't look like we can afford players on £1-2K a week like some are spouting on here. 

Genuinley can't see the MGS paying more that £600 PW on a player though not buying that, unless outside funds are making up the shortfall. 

13 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

A bit undecided about Hippo but played the right way he is a match winner. 

I'd probably take him back. 

Def not. A sand dancer, good once in 5 or 6 games and proved last time around how ineffective he is when the going gets tough. Which it certainly is, so not what we need.

Scored a tap in against us, otherwise pretty much anonymous against our pisspoor defence, which speaks volumes. Also falls over too easily and often.  Even  Hot-head Higginbotham would be far better, given a (hypothetical) choice between the two. 

Played purely as a winger, I would not be averse to Hippolyte coming back. Beggars cannot be choosers. Our wide options at the moment are pretty chronic.

This.

Not really sure what people are expecting us to attract being bottom of the league when everyone else in the league is looking for improvements.

McKinnon wants to play with wide players and the only player I’m okay with playing wide is DKD, possibly Robson at a push. Think Waddington will be better through the middle and Petra as a forward on the last man or nothing. Not sold on McLean although it’s early days.

His inconsistency and current team won’t help himself with supporters here but not sure what a viable alternative would be?