The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, Trump said:

Got to admire EdiBairn. Not a single person clicked on immediately.

No i think most of us did with key words as phenomenal rating Joe McKee , saying we would miss Aero etc  i think its more the fact we started to heed other folk saying ignore the cnut ..lol

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lavery was obviously something that came available and is probably not on much.  Chance to get an international from Everton for little cash as an option probably worth a punt.  I doubtr he was ever going to be the main striker Mckinnon was looking at.  Problem is it takes a while for guys like that to get used to the rough and tumble of first team football up here and we need guys who are going to hit the  ground running.  

Mckinnon said at the time of signing him that he was a young lad in to help the squad or words to that effect. So pretty much what you are saying. 

7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Mckinnon said at the time of signing him that he was a young lad in to help the squad or words to that effect. So pretty much what you are saying. 

Aye he said Waddington and Lavery had no pressure on them whatsoever. Implied they'd both come in and out the team as required. Desperately needing a striker to raise morale. Rudden, Lavery and O'Hara up top will see us relegated.

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

And there you have it - the net effect of our BOD's brave new strategy & Paul Hartley's recklessness.

We are now stuck in a vortex of loan signings, free agents , desperate short term deals on cast offs & constantly changing our near full squad every window.

They are totally wasting OUR money over and over again..

Welcome to the future folks. 

So you'd rather the BoD offered long term deals to championship players on championship wages when there's a strong chance we'll be in league 1 next season? Can't see how that could possibly go wrong.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Do you feel that the signing of these four could be a bit of a watergate moment for us? Sorry, watershed, I meant watershed. 

I see what you did there.

25 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Lavery will be another Sammut signing and probably what is available at this time of the year to us, I dont think he will give us anything more than what Kevin O'Hara would give us and I'm not sticking up for Kevin O'Hara here 

2 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

And suddenly one crappie signing and the pendulum swings that they're all crap and Partick are signing world beaters.  Funny creatures football fans.

I don’t think people are saying every signing is crap. If you take what McKinnon inherited, you would imagine any and all of the January signings would be good enough to be brought straight into the starting eleven. If not, there seems to be little point in signing them at all (unless they are freebies).

I thought getting four decent quality replacements in the door would be about it for a January window. So far, I see that four being Burgoyne, Dixon, McKenna and McShane.

Beyond that, you’d hope Waddington might do well along with DKD. The other players I am not so sure about.

I still see 9th as an achievement this season. The scale of the changes is disastrous in terms of continuity and understanding (see ICT’s two goals on Saturday as a graphic demonstration of this).

I had hoped for much better, but despite the changes in personnel at the back, we saw exactly the same sort of panic defending as when Harrison Brough and Dallison were there. That should hopefully improve, but it has to improve really quickly.

Do fans actually beleive we are paying players close to £1k PW?
We will pay a basic of about 400-600 p/w with add on's/bonuses for winnnig games etc. I am sure this structure came out around the Pressley era that this was the way we would operate. £1k a week is way off what we can afford to pay. Loy I am sure was our highest paid player at one point rumoured to be about £1k a week which was funded by a group outwith the club, that tells you everything about how much the club and those within are prepared to pay. There is no way we have one or two players on £1k a week the accounts will tell you that. 

The accounts tell you f all.

We will be paying more that £600/week for a good few IMO

Feeling really positive about Saturday, the Edge to "accidentally"fall on top of Dobbie early doors requiring a blue light trip to FVRH to have his ribs bolted back together then Lewis and Haber to run riot scoring a brace each in a 5-0 horsing (Turner with the other goal).

Feeling really positive about Saturday, the Edge to "accidentally"fall on top of Dobbie early doors requiring a blue light trip to FVRH to have his ribs bolted back together then Lewis and Haber to run riot scoring a brace each in a 5-0 horsing (Turner with the other goal).

All set up by TOE