The Falkirk FC Thread

I think people on here need to realise we have been in a poor position for the last 2 seasons and are still currently fishing for players in a very murky pond. 

I agree that money usually talks but it's Falkirk we're taking about here. How many times have we heard yeah we'll spend big etc, and when other players continually watch us recruit and ditch players would you really want to come here. 

Cant continue on the current cycle we need to find a squad that works get them settled and adjust accordingly last January squad worked to a degree we had players competent enough to climb us out the shit and should have kept with that and built on minimal changes in the summer instead of 17 unknowns.

40 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He has had 5 months to find a CH. It worries me if this is the best he can come up with. But we will see

I was pretty happy with mckenna and Dixon to be honest which I think have been 2 good signings. I find it a pretty bizarre signing when a centre half was not what we needed. Unless of course Harrison is being punted and we needed someone for cover. 

12 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I was pretty happy with mckenna and Dixon to be honest which I think have been 2 good signings. I find it a pretty bizarre signing when a centre half was not what we needed. Unless of course Harrison is being punted and we needed someone for cover. 

I actually think out of all the Summer signings Harrison was one that was relatively not bad and has at least popped up with a couple of goals, how it took Hartley as long to realise that him and Dallison were never a partnership is beyond me though my own thoughts were him and Brough were only starting to show glimpses of them getting used to the game up here.  The rest of the signings though goes without saying never showed much of anything.

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

I know forward planning is the current issue but this is our squad next season as it stands.

FEDD6691-ECB9-485A-96A5-DAD39EB721A0.jpeg

The issue i see with that is we plan for next season as we are of still being in the Championship and get players signed up on a PCA and the unthinkable happens we end up in league 1 with a lower budget and players that on a higher rate or do we wait and find out what league we are in and end up in the bargain basement for the scraps with the potential of having a season like this one with relatively unknowns. 

Damned if we do and damned if we dont either way.

Guest Ecosse83

I'll wait until I see our new signing in a Falkirk top before I write him off. 

Hopefully we get the target man striker in before the deadline, he doesn't need to be a 15 goal striker just someone that can hold the ball up well bringing everyone else into play. 

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Don't really buy the "players won't want to come to us" argument.

If you pay enough they will. Players rightly value money over league pos. You just have to overpay unfortunately if you are in the shit.

I'd do that for a striker. If we were willing to pay £2k a week say we'd get someone decent. It's a gamble but so is going past the window with this squad which is competitive but not good enough. 

It's been great seeing a lot of the real shit leave, and we are in a much better position, but I don't think we've replaced them well enough, at this stage. 

£2k a week really!!!! if you think Falkirk will pay anywhere near £2K a week for a player you are off your head. 

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Expect Erwin get Edjenguele :lol: 

Ouch.

I certainly didn’t “expect” Erwin. Nor did I think we would ever go for the honey monster.

McKinnon had said in his last interview that he was looking for a centre half, but I had convinced myself that was a bit of misdirection, and he was actually pursuing a right back and a front man.

If we end up with the currrent squad for the rest of the season, then clearly, there’s too few goals in the squad, and our game plan looks to be far too cautious. Neither Alloa nor Partick will be overly concerned by McKinnon’s new look team.

180 football minutes from now, we might be right up there with Alloa, but equally, two defeats and we are as good as relegated.

12 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Lee Miller would be a very good signing especially given it's January, surely? Knows the league, still of a decent quality and different to what we have. He's a leader as well, we need as many of them as we can get. 

He's been crocked for nearly 6 months. We cant wait on him getting fit at the moment I'm afraid.  Not impressed by edjenguele but can see a bit of logic in the signing.  We badly need a big physical lump at centre half as we were pushed about at the back a bit on saturday and their second goal came from an aimless lump into the penalty area that was not dealt with at all.  Can only hope that a partnership of Mckenna and him can work well if Mckenna plays the football and edjenguele does the physical stuff and sticks to the basics.  Dixon at left back will help as Robson has been left badly exposed with the likes of mclean in front of him.   Moving Dixon there allows us to play the likes of Mclean or Robson at left mid without it causing us major defensive headaches.  That would appear to be the plan. Whether it works or not only time will tell.  I'd still expect to see another striker through the door before friday.  Players will be getting more and more desperate the close it gets to the deadline and therefore easier to get deals done.

Everyone's going on about right back.  i think it's terrible as well but i don't think you win games from right back.
Give me a striker to support Rudden in the first place if it was a straight choice.

Agree a striker is main priority, and you don’t always win games from a right back but you can certainly lose them from there and we have.

25 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

There's no way we're paying 45-50k a year basic surely. At least not to lots of players. That's about 200-250 season tickets per player. 

There will be very few first team players on less than 45k a year. Season tickets aren't our only source of income. The likes of Dixon and Osman will be on over £1k a week.

Edited by LondonBairn