The Falkirk FC Thread

Was it not something stupid like 3 shots we had in the first 5 league games? QOTS had 30 plus to our none at the stadium, that team would get pumped in a 2 game play off if we somehow finished 9th with them. We are miles better than we were, hopefully it's enough to keep us up although we're still short in areas. 

We've given ourselves a chance of staying up, we were down if we'd not completely changed the squad. I'll say it again, Paul Hartley should never get another job in football again! 

No, Hartley’s soiled goods. He might pick up a L1 or L2 gig, but that would his lot.

Mind you, McKinnon’s stock in the broader game will be shot to pieces if we go down this season, and it would probably take him three years to rebuild it.

Could have won or lost yesterday such as the game went. Yes improved and more positive approach but how some of our fans think we would gel in just 2 games is incredulous. Dixon a vast improvement although derided in some quarters before he even kicked a ball for us. There's hope now but need to start winning games soon. Some of the support yesterday anxiously looking for a scapegoat to moan at now Muirheads away sad stuff.

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t think so. The Partick game was two weeks ago, when players were chucked in at the deep end. Two weeks later, and the defence didn’t look any better in terms of organisation.

We still haven’t won at home.

Managing to get a point from teams challenging for a play off place effectively leaves only Dunfermline Alloa and Partick as the games where a win is a realistic prospect. That’s not going to be good enough, it really isn’t.

ICT could just as easily scored a third goal.

That's where I am. I'd still take 9th happily and take my chances in the play offs. 

I think we're short up front and creatively in midfield I think as well as the perennial lack of a right back. Don't like what I've seen from Osman and McLean so far, we're a striker short and I think defensively we're not right. 

On the plus side Dixon looks composed , McShane is decent and Rudden keeps scoring. 

I assume McKinnon has made offers to a few who are either stalling or have turned us down. Couple of massive games coming up..

I heard Hull owe us £100k for Stephen Kingsley but aren't paying up - anyone know more?

Can’t see that being right at all. We sold him to Swansea so any add ons that were part of the deal would’ve expired when he was sold on.

Pretty sure Margaret Lang said at the last meeting that the only sell on we’re waiting for is Will Vaulks.

6 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No. You're allowed four domestic loans at any one time.

We currently have only Rudden and Keillor-Dunn.

Burgoyne and Lavery are international loans; you can have as many of those as you like.

I actually had the same thought as you a couple of weeks back and looked it up. The SPFL rules & regs can be downloaded from their website. Sections 57 and 60 give you the details. There are no sections about total number of loans in a season.

It breaks my heart to see our club , once lauded for bringing through our own young players, now scurrying about trying to fill the team full of loan players.

This BOD has really killed our identity. It's sad beyond belief.

I realize we are in a major pickle now and have to do this - but that's my point really.  

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Could have won or lost yesterday such as the game went. Yes improved and more positive approach but how some of our fans think we would gel in just 2 games is incredulous. Dixon a vast improvement although derided in some quarters before he even kicked a ball for us. There's hope now but need to start winning games soon. Some of the support yesterday anxiously looking for a scapegoat to moan at now Muirheads away sad stuff.

All of the new players are an improvement. However, the backward step has been organisation. Both ICT goals were from comedy defending. The first has been discussed at length, and it was so obvious from the SS. It was like pantomime season with so many people shouting “He’s in front of you”.

The second was just as horrific. Two ICT players peel off to the edge of the box, and while I certainly don’t expect the back four to react to that, the midfielders should have been all over them instead of standing five yards away as onlookers. Two awful goals to concede.

There is no scapegoat seeking that I can see. The quality of these players is probably more than enough for this league. It’s the lack of organisation that will relegate us, and I would have hoped the last two weeks together might have delivered a bit more joined up writing than what was on show on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

All of the new players are an improvement. However, the backward step has been organisation. Both ICT goals were from comedy defending. The first has been discussed at length, and it was so obvious from the SS. It was like pantomime season with so many people shouting “He’s in front of you”.

The second was just as horrific. Two ICT players peel off to the edge of the box, and while I certainly don’t expect the back four to react to that, the midfielders should have been all over them instead of standing five yards away as onlookers. Two awful goals to concede.

There is no scapegoat seeking that I can see. The quality of these players is probably more than enough for this league. It’s the lack of organisation that will relegate us, and I would have hoped the last two weeks together might have delivered a bit more joined up writing than what was on show on Saturday.

I know what you're saying about the goals but we have managed to stay in touch with teams in this league with one of our worst ever teams, we are now better and are 5 points from safety. I think the vast majority of our support would've bitten your hand off in the autumn to be this close with new players.  Up to the first alloa game, i couldn't see where we'd get any points before January, we were that bad! 

14 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Usually I read your posts and it's like we share a brain but I am much more confident than you are. 

I'm comfortable with the keeper and all of yesterday's back 4. Osman needs to get more involved in the game but I don't think he was anywhere near as bad yesterday as people are making out. McShane is going to do well for us. Waddington and Keilor-Dunn are both starters in a 3 behind the striker. Rudden will just fucking get goals.

I think we need another winger and could do with another striker.

That Alloa game is absolutely massive btw it really can't be expressed strongly enough that we must win that one.

Yeah, I've been looking at it on a "who would I replace from the starting 11" point of view... Osman had a slow start on Saturday however he seemed to grow into the game.

That was probably the third game I've sat and watched this season and we were night and day compared to earlier in the season.

I think if you were starting with a base of the following side for the rest of the season we'd have more than a chance of getting out of trouble.

Burgoyne, McGhee, McKenna, Dixon, Robson, McShane, Waddington, Keilor-Dunn, Rudden

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:
No chance it'll happen this window, Mr Rae the Morton Chairman ain't going to help (his friends at) Falkirk!! 

The talk is PCA. Would have nothing to do with the wee sweetie guy

Yes but Mckinnon wanted him Now.. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

I think McKinnon is aware of the right back situation. After all, he did sign Dumbuya who I imagine would have played there if he got fit. Wouldn’t surprise me if there is nobody available that is better than what we have at the minute in that position.

Really need a striker in this week so fingers crossed on that one. If we do get the centre half in that McKinnon was talking about then McKenna might start playing in midfield instead of/in rotation with Osman.