The Falkirk FC Thread

Always thought Harrison or Brough looked as if they were starting to settle to the game up here the rest of the summer signings looked as if they never seen a football before.

Just as a reminder of the summer

ffc.thumb.jpg.e41b958dd6c26c0eafebba3b7921fc3e.jpg

What a photo, see when you look at Dallison, he looks every inch a centre half, how wrong a photo can be.

I can't believe he's got another gig with Crawley, and I can't believe he's getting a game for them.

I think Harrison would have been punted before Muirhead, but seeing as Ayr were lined up to take him presumably we haven't had to pay a compensation fee to buy out his contract which is good. Hopefully Fasan is taken down to the recycling centre and disposed of and we can replace him with a shiny new right back and striker before Saturday

I think Harrison would have been punted before Muirhead, but seeing as Ayr were lined up to take him presumably we haven't had to pay a compensation fee to buy out his contract which is good. Hopefully Fasan is taken down to the recycling centre and disposed of and we can replace him with a shiny new right back and striker before Saturday

Still need to buy out the contract of the player released, though if he is joining a team straight away and Falkirk knew about it, it would have been negotiated.

Still need to buy out the contract of the player released, though if he is joining a team straight away and Falkirk knew about it, it would have been negotiated.
Not necessarily, if he had another club lined up offering similar money etc he may have been happy for us to tear up his contract without compensation.

12 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Not always, player X gets an offer of 18 months and only has 6 months left on his current deal then he may just go without payment knowing his future is more secure.

There are no set rules in these types of things really. Its all down to the agreement reached behind the scenes.

Why would we release a player under contract to a side already lined up if we have to pay him to do so. Player gets to go to another job, Ayr dont have to pay us for him, all parties agree to just let it happen surely?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why would we release a player under contract to a side already lined up if we have to pay him to do so. Player gets to go to another job, Ayr dont have to pay us for him, all parties agree to just let it happen surely?

Simple answer - agents.  If an agent can get his player a deal at a new club AND a pay off (that the player is legally entitled to) then he's laughing all the way to the bank. 

Simple answer - agents.  If an agent can get his player a deal at a new club AND a pay off (that the player is legally entitled to) then he's laughing all the way to the bank. 
Well aye but in Aeros case, he looks to be frozen out at Falkirk, doesnt strike me as a guy happy to sit that out. I would expect he would be telling his agent just find me a club. If Falkirk said no payout I doubt he would have been happy to sit and rot.

Not all players the same obvs but in this case it makes no sense for Falkirk to pay him out.

Striker and right back in that order, anything else would be a bonus.

Would guess that the manager had missed out on his 1st targets for a new striker or as bainsfordbairn alluded to other clubs just taking their time about it.

Hope we line up with a back 4 on Sat and go for it a bit more, had enough of this soaking up pressure pish

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It will comedown in most cases £s

We all hope it's bye no pay off for our own benefit but having seen nearly a starting 11 leave with cash in their top pocket, don't see why it should be any different with Aero. He also might be getting less cash at Ayr and the pay off makes up the difference.

We will have probaby spent more cash on players going out than some clubs in this division has spent on players coming in 

It will comedown in most cases £s
We all hope it's bye no pay off for our own benefit but having seen nearly a starting 11 leave with cash in their top pocket, don't see why it should be any different with Aero. He also might be getting less cash at Ayr and the pay off makes up the difference.
We will have probaby spent more cash on players going out than some clubs in this division has spent on players coming in 
I agree with what you're saying, however, he's just bagged himself an 18 month contract so there is a trade off between 6 months at a higher wage or 18 months at a lower wage and the possibility of playing at the top level next season.

I will be shocked if we paid him anything substantial