The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't think it's a coincidence that his own performances have correlated with the players he was surrounded by. In the last 12 months he's been poor in one of the worst falkirk sides we've ever seen. prior to that he regularly got his game and played well against far better hibs and rangers sides than we are up against now.

I agree he looked like he didn't want to be here last few months but I don't blame him for that. it's just a shame that with sibbs Miller Kerr aero all gone we have no players who have a long term connection to the club.

I won't miss waiting on him getting a red card but I will miss his penalties and effort passion
But the effort and passion was gone already.

I was talking about his entire Falkirk career not the recent months
Yeah I got that. Passion had turned to pointless moaning and aggression towards his own team mates and he was no longer concentrating. I wish him well too because over the piece I woukdnt have liked to have turned to hating him, which I would have if it went on any longer.

Great news. Muirhead leaving is probably worth 3 or 4 points over the rest of the season. 
Just hope we never get another penalty.
I think I recall St Mirren fans saying McShane takes a good penalty so we might be ok there....

Or DKD firing in Panenkas would do aswell.

Well I guess this means we're keeping both Harrison & Brough.
Sorry to see Aero go in some ways although it was apparent he wasn't going to be acceptable in future. He always gave everything he could and never hid. It would be quite funny if he ended up at QOS given the reaction of their fans to him however I'm not a fan of ex players coming back to haunt us.
Wherever he goes I hope he gets a good reception if he ever comes back with a different club.
Who's going to be on the penalties now then?

No chance. We can only afford 13/14 first team players along with some more youngsters. We have 4 defenders, 1 defender that can play midfield and Michael Doyle who can play just about anywhere.

Plus he’s a c**t.

The way it ended for Muirhead is unfortunate (well, the final 18 months or so). I quite liked him under Houston, he was a good counter-balance to Leahy and meant we could play a back three if Leahy was bombing up the other side. He was never anything spectacular but he always put a shift in and I thought he was alright in his first couple of years. Good guy as well, he goes with my best wishes unlike blobs like Mackin or Froxylias.

3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I'd genuinely completely forgot Brough and Harrison were still here. 

Can't believe we'll go through this window without punting them. I'd have kept Muirhead before that pair but I assume he was easier to get rid of as some mugs will remember his Thistle performances still.

Exactly that. Harrison is on a 2 year deal, and unless someone comes in offering him similar, he is entitled to stay put. Brough was arguably the best(or least bad) of Hartley’s summertime defensive crimes. Don’t know what his deal is though. I certainly wouldn’t classify him alongside TOE or Turner or Dallison.

Exactly that. Harrison is on a 2 year deal, and unless someone comes in offering him similar, he is entitled to stay put. Brough was arguably the best(or least bad) of Hartley’s summertime defensive crimes. Don’t know what his deal is though. I certainly wouldn’t classify him alongside TOE or Turner or Dallison.
Agreed. I would hope Brough isnt on a big wedge and if that is indeed the case then can you really ask for better than someone who can able cover CH and LB to sit on the bench than him? To my mind someone better than him isnt going to be happy on our bench. Indeed he probably isnt, but I think he has been comfortably better than Muirhead and is comfortably more useful in the squad. He is better than Aero at CH, and better at LB than Aero is at RB (this season at least)

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Brough was announced as a one year contract when he signed.

I'm not sure the duration matters much though, bearing in mind that Dallison was on two years.

If someone's trying to make a career out of the game then the prospect of spending a year and a half in the hidden away in a reserve team can't be very appealing. Particularly when your family are hundreds of miles away. So if you can get a club nearer home who'll put you in their first team immediately then it's a no-brainer to move on regardless of how long your contract is.

Unless the salary difference is massive, obviously.  I doubt we pay enough to make that a concern.