The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

Trying to buy the league again.

I can't wait till this McGregor guy pulls out of Ross County and they follow the Gretna model in to oblivian.

Just hook this kind of post directly into my veins.

1247629.jpg

Judging by the FH article, McKinnon doesn't seem to be in any hurry to bring further signings in. He says he's happier with the squad balance now but would try for more if anyone becomes available.

IMO we definitely need a RWB; don't want to be left with Kidd as our only option.

3 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

There`s a rumour that Bainsfordbairn was seen heading into the Stadium this afternoon around 1 o`clock.

You're a shit-stirrer auld yin. :rolleyes:

I was there at one, but it was for a Burns day promotion. Plus the usual "oh while you're here could you..." stuff that a mutual acquaintance excels at.

No signings today.

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Also bear in mind that Dunfermline were in perilous state where their very existence was under threat. That tends to bring a very different response to the fore in the short term. It was one of Bryan Jackson’s great skills. He could create and manage the storm clouds of looming disaster, and manage the response to save the club. He pulled off the same trick at Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts, Dunfermline and Portsmouth.

We were really in deep fucking shite and if you think that was exaggerated then you clearly don't know anything about the situation.

Whit? There were plenty of people reading you your club’s horoscope back then when you lot were stood in the middle of the Egyptian river.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Pubs sell soft drinks too you know.

I should know because my wife takes cola in her Bacardi! :pepsi

I’m happy to let this run. You know why, but please say nowt!

Is it looking like we're not going to hit the right pledge amounts to get the fan ownership thing off the ground?

No that is not the case. The plan was not going only ahead if less 200k and 500 fans pledged by the end of January. That has been passed comfortably.

Sure I read they were looking to have that pledged by 31st Jan which would then start the ball rolling towards an EGM being called.

100% not the case.

At a Patron meeting Kenny said he wanted at least 200k from Patrons and min 500 fans by the end of January or he wouldn’t put together the plan in detail.

I know for a fact there are patrons holding back till they see the detail and others who have pledged already prepared to put in more IF they like the plan. On the downside there are Patrons who are prepared to pull out IF the plan in their opinion is not delivering the change they want to see.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You're a shit-stirrer auld yin. :rolleyes:

I was there at one, but it was for a Burns day promotion. Plus the usual "oh while you're here could you..." stuff that a mutual acquaintance excels at.

No signings today.

Shit-stirrer...moi???  Where did I say there would be a signing? Merely passing on a rumour that you were seen in the vicinity.:angel:angel

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

100% not the case.

At a Patron meeting Kenny said he wanted at least 200k from Patrons and min 500 fans by the end of January or he wouldn’t put together the plan in detail.

I know for a fact there are patrons holding back till they see the detail and others who have pledged already prepared to put in more IF they like the plan. On the downside there are Patrons who are prepared to pull out IF the plan in their opinion is not delivering the change they want to see.

Any sense if the ones prepared to come in are looking at the same kind of “like” stuff as those who might pull out if it doesn’t ring their bells?

Any sense if the ones prepared to come in are looking at the same kind of “like” stuff as those who might pull out if it doesn’t ring their bells?

Personally think the plan will hit the spot and get everyone onside. Fingers crossed anyway

Personally think the plan will hit the spot and get everyone onside. Fingers crossed anyway