The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I doubt anyone is "taking offence" but I'd be surprised if anyone read that for the first time and thought "oh I hadn't thought of it that way". Particularly when the gap in the numbers seems to be higher net worth individuals. 

I'm with you. I didn't think it was worded very well. 

Perhaps the home games will help with promotion, but the momentum of crowd funding usually sees the first few days bring in the real numbers I'd have thought.

I don't think anyone is discounting the juniors as a source of the odd gem now and again.  However, if you think we have the resources to send someone to trawl the junior game for the odd decent player that comes along every few years then you are living in cloud cuckoo land. Most managers will have contacts at various junior outfits anyway and will be made aware of any talent that may or may not be good enough to play at championship level and above.  Ray Mckinnon was the manager of Lochee United for fecks sake so I'm sure he has contacts in that area of the game and knows what a viable level of scouting is in that environment given the returns available.  

I'm not sure if this is feasible given the percentage ownership that was talked about but would it be possible to increase the amount of money "patrons" could invest? 

I’m sure, in theory, a patron can invest up to £100k so that’s not an issue.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I'm in the same thought process as you, doubly so as I don't manage many games these days. 

I thought the coffee thing was a good analogy as people are nightmares for saying they are skint, then they go and pay for coffee and a sandwich every day for lunch. Charities do that all the time, it gets people thinking about where they prioritise their money. If people drop a Costa a week and ship the club a tenner instead, then great. If they take offense at the message, then they need a week alone with themselves. 

Agree about pushing the date back, if it takes longer, then it takes longer. 

This, same with paying to go to games

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’m sure, in theory, a patron can invest up to £100k so that’s not an issue.

I think he was asking that if folk that have already pledged £100k, which I think is the maximum, could invest more if they wanted to?

20 minutes ago, Cheeringmango said:

Armstrong to the Staggies confirmed that kills that rumour. 

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/daniel-armstrong-joins-the-staggies/

Any rumours for us? 

Trying to buy the league again.

I can't wait till this McGregor guy pulls out of Ross County and they follow the Gretna model in to oblivian.

The reference to Dunfermline is an interesting one, and if I recall correctly, involved major sums from five people, and much smaller amounts from the rest. Perhaps our model is coming across as a more attractive proposition to supporters than Patrons.

Also bear in mind that Dunfermline were in perilous state where their very existence was under threat. That tends to bring a very different response to the fore in the short term. It was one of Bryan Jackson’s great skills. He could create and manage the storm clouds of looming disaster, and manage the response to save the club. He pulled off the same trick at Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts, Dunfermline and Portsmouth.

We are not arcing that same storyline of impending cataclysmic doom.......just a slow suffocating demise of ridiculous overheads and ambitions of paying those overheads, and having a football team with whatever is left. A much more difficult sales pitch simply because there’s no monster to slay, or fire to fight.

10 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Trying to buy the league again.

I can't wait till this McGregor guy pulls out of Ross County and they follow the Gretna model in to oblivian.

Can’t agree. If McGregor decides he doesn’t want to be their sugar daddy anymore, then yes, there will be a massive downward lurch for Ross County, but no oblivion. Remember, he shells out enough to make them significant in the Championship, but wasn’t injecting enough to buy them residency in the top flight.

It will end one day, no doubt, but it won’t be the death of them.