The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I know.  Just saying it's possible that players with great potential are in the juniors.

Again there is the odd one here or there that can make a mark on the upper echelons of the senior game but they are very few and far between. 

Please sign up if you can folks, every little helps
I was going to sign up to Bairn for Life but instead have pledged £20 a month to this scheme. I wonder if there are any Bairn for Life patrons who have decided against the fan ownership scheme as they can't afford both.

At the moment for me this scheme is more important.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Again there is the odd one here or there that can make a mark on the upper echelons of the senior game but they are very few and far between. 

Agreed.  But since we don't have a development team anymore it might be worthwhile trawling the Juniors.  Perhaps we already are?  

36 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, only unearthed two half decent players in all the time he was there. Thank feck he's retired!

So very true. Probably not even alive now.

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Agreed.  But since we don't have a development team anymore it might be worthwhile trawling the Juniors.  Perhaps we already are?  

I'm sure Ray will have contacts in that area as much as any other team. No point in having a set scout for that area though as the returns are just not good enough.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm sure Ray will have contacts in that area as much as any other team. No point in having a set scout for that area though as the returns are just not good enough.

You're right.  I know hee haw about football really.  Just followed Falkirk for nearly 50 years.  All I've learned is how to deal with pain , disappointment and anger,  with glimpses of short lived happiness and hope here and there. :)