The Falkirk FC Thread

Surely it’s easy to understand why we are not chasing players from lower leagues this season given the fiasco of preseason already? We may well look at junior players but what we need first is a stable and reliable platform to build from first....

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Surely it’s easy to understand why we are not chasing players from lower leagues this season given the fiasco of preseason already? We may well look at junior players but what we need first is a stable and reliable platform to build from first....

No Roman, I'm not buying that for an exuse, it was apparent those player's from England were abysmal after a fortnight. 

As for a reliable platform, do you actually think we have that now? 

On 18/01/2019 at 16:34, kiddy said:

More like your Kevin McBrides, Enoch Showumnis, Steven Bradleys & Graham Barretts.

Enouch Showumni and Graham Barrett would probably score 50 goals between in them in 1 season in this absolute dug shite division. :lol:

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Two games in and four points taken suggest that we *may* have that, but the next two games could well be a total reverse. However, I've no hesitation in saying that we are in a far better place than we were in December.

Pretty impossible not to be really..

No Roman, I'm not buying that for an exuse, it was apparent those player's from England were abysmal after a fortnight. 
As for a reliable platform, do you actually think we have that now? 

I think we probably have better players. However we are hardly in a position of safety that we can afford to take anymore big risks.
Get through this season, survive, and have a team capable of at least challenging for the playoffs next season, and I think we can start to consider gambling on a few players from the equivalent of effectively three or four divisions below us...

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
36 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:
How did you guys get on in the cup?

Concentrating on the league shagger. Talk to us about that.....

17 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Higgy might be available soon. Seems to hate the Fifers now, would we take him back?

Oops x

I hope everyone who laughs at people who suggest scouting Juniors/non-league has been watching this on BBC today.
Camelon have a 20 year old defender trialling with Livi just now. What's the betting that no one at Falkirk has been down to watch the guy play all season?

None of then know how to cover the front post at corners so forget it!

17 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I think we probably have better players. However we are hardly in a position of safety that we can afford to take anymore big risks.
Get through this season, survive, and have a team capable of at least challenging for the playoffs next season, and I think we can start to consider gambling on a few players from the equivalent of effectively three or four divisions below us...

No divine right to survive or suggest a team capable of challenging for play offs. I have always been fairly positive and thought it was in our own hands in the darker days but as it stands it's only slightly lighter and still very dark and Ray for me has so far done more than Hartley ever done for us and yet could still end in failure

15 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

How did you guys get on in the cup?

Pleased Partick are still in cup, beating Stranraer won't define your season, the extra games may also hinder it

14 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Higgy might be available soon. Seems to hate the Fifers now, would we take him back?

I'd have took him at the start of the season or previous two, total heid the baw but on his game could've replaced Alston and gained us promotion back in the day. 

Still his red mist heid could see him bring Dunfermline closer and/or the tear stained leadership of Crawford.