The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I never rated him purely because he calls himself Marky rather than Mark.

Seems Sevconian going by his Twitter.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Probably fucking awesome if this board have let him go. 

Mind you, he can get in the sea for calling himself Marky. 

I assumed it was a typo but it keeps coming up :lol:

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Never understood the "promotion is shit anyway" point. It isn't..

We have much better players when promoted, and we see much better players come here. 

We'll never have Tom Dallisons and Dennon Lewises in the top league

What I don't like is when we we are in the Championship our goal is to win it and we usually win a lot of games (exceptions made for last 2 seasons). Yet When we are in the Premiership our goal is to finish 3rd bottom and you go to Glasgow praying you don't get a doing.

I'd guess St Mirren fans enjoyed more winning the Championship last season compared with scrapping with Dundee to avoid relegation. 

Find this sort of one a bit odd. Its like Blues going to Livi although that was different because I think he was a bit shit. We had all seen him at least. I know nothing about Munro, so what have St Johnstone seen that we either havent, or have but willing to punt anyway? Is it just that they can afford to carry more maybes than we can?

Get a fucking signing announced ffs....

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any idea how good one your young players is?

We've signed a defender called Marky Munro from your youth team.

He's a right back who occasionally filled in at centre half even though he's not the tallest. So I suppose you could say he's versatile. He's never played for our first team and had he stayed I doubt he ever would have, so I'm a bit surprised at him going to StJ.

Alan Maybury signed him for Falkirk U20s after watching him when he was at Forth Valley Academy. I think Maybs runs your reserve  / youth set up now so presumably he thinks Marky has the potential to make it.

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I never rated him purely because he calls himself Marky rather than Mark.

Seems Sevconian going by his Twitter.

Local lad. Went to Larbert High. His old man is Mark, so his lad became Marky in the family home. Very much a Rangers family, but his old fellah was proud as punch when his boy signed for us.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He's a right back who occasionally filled in at centre half even though he's not the tallest. So I suppose you could say he's versatile. He's never played for our first team and had he stayed I doubt he ever would have, so I'm a bit surprised at him going to StJ.

Alan Maybury signed him for Falkirk U20s after watching him when he was at Forth Valley Academy. I think Maybs runs your reserve  / youth set up now so presumably he thinks Marky has the potential to make it.

Ah, can understand why we punted him then.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Local lad. Went to Larbert High. His old man is Mark, so his lad became Marky in the family home. Very much a Rangers family, but his old fellah was proud as punch when his boy signed for us.

There should be a special place in hell for faithers that call their sons the same name as themselves

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Ray was looking at strikers from Norwich and Birmngham tonight Edibairn told me

I noticed someone moaning elsewhere about not having an experienced striker yet.

That must be hardest role to fill, assuming we're trying to recruit experience. A young striker who's not getting a game at his parent club would be happy to come as it would give him a chance to get experience and put himself in the shop window. Lavery, Nelson, Rudden etc are all recent examples of this.

However, if you've got an old head somewhere who's nearing the end of his contract and not getting a game then what incentive is there for him to come to Falkirk for six months? You'ld probably need to offer him a deal for next season as well, similar to what Partick did with Harkins. I'm not sure we'd want to go down that road.

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I noticed someone moaning elsewhere about not having an experienced striker yet.

That must be hardest role to fill, assuming we're trying to recruit experience. A young striker who's not getting a game at his parent club would be happy to come as it would give him a chance to get experience and put himself in the shop window. Lavery, Nelson, Rudden etc are all recent examples of this.

However, if you've got an old head somewhere who's nearing the end of his contract and not getting a game then what incentive is there for him to come to Falkirk for six months? You'ld probably need to offer him a deal for next season as well, similar to what Partick did with Harkins. I'm not sure we'd want to go down that road.

That’s the road that takes you to players like Simon Mensing. Difficult to see us coming up with a known name on the margins of a top flight squad (Haber was that very thing) who would be enthused by or committed to our predicament.

Ryan Hardie would be a great fit. Available last season, but the Launderers got there first. Don’t think he or Rangers would give us a look in now.

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s the road that takes you to players like Simon Mensing. Difficult to see us coming up with a known name on the margins of a top flight squad (Haber was that very thing) who would be enthused by or committed to our predicament.

Ryan Hardie would be a great fit. Available last season, but the Launderers got there first. Don’t think he or Rangers would give us a look in now.

He`s back with Livi I believe.