The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

My point was that guys like Nelson seem to be treated as legends such as those mentioned above didn't think it was that hard to comprehend to be honest. 

It's because the majority of twitter users won't have seen stainrod or crunchie or appreciated Latapy when he was here because of their youth. So when we have been stuck down here for the past 10 years there haven't been many hero's for these young'ns, which means they will look to the guys that seem to have a connection with the fans and also perform to a decent enough standard on the park. Nelson, I suppose, falls into that category in his time with us. 

2 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

My point was that guys like Nelson seem to be treated as legends such as those mentioned above didn't think it was that hard to comprehend to be honest. 

Don't be daft.

I think he's a great player btw.

Going from Nelson who would work his nuts off from minute 1 to 90, could tell he enjoyed being here and playing and all importantly grabbing a few goals eventually to ending up with Dennon Lewis and Marcus Haber doing none of this makes Nelson seem a superstar. 

I loved him and would’ve have had him in ASAP but it’s not the end of the world, still plenty time to get bodies in the door.

The reason players who are bang average at best like Nelson and Robson are treated like Messi by our fans is because we've been conditioned to accept mediocrity with 10 years in this division. The sad fact is that a lot of our fans haven't seen us play in the premier league so they see these guys as the best we're going to get. Add that to the fact that most football fans wouldn't know a football if it hit them in the head and you can see why it happens.

Bit odd that folk seem keen to shit on any form of emotional attachment to players these days. We are football fans ffs. What are we doing if we cant get a wee bit excited about certain stuff or attached to certain players?

Football is a bit of an escape for me. I fucking love Andy Nelson.

COME. AT. ME

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

It's because the majority of twitter users won't have seen stainrod or crunchie or appreciated Latapy when he was here because of their youth. So when we have been stuck down here for the past 10 years there haven't been many hero's for these young'ns, which means they will look to the guys that seem to have a connection with the fans and also perform to a decent enough standard on the park. Nelson, I suppose, falls into that category in his time with us. 

I have never thought about it like that to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:
Nelson's pace, work-rate and pressing were excellent, but his finishing was pretty awful. Would have taken him back as he's a handy player at this level, but I think we've already got a slight upgrade with Rudden as he's got similar attributes and is also a goalscorer.

I tend to think Nelson is a better all round player and the goals will come. Rudden undeniably has the knack though. That cant be taught, and it will get you gigs even if your all round game doesnt match up.

The master of this being Gary Lineker, who as an England number 9, only managed 30 at keepie up a handful of times in his entire career.

10 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The sad fact is that a lot of our fans haven't seen us play in the premier league

Really?

Based on the demographics of football fans I'd say that the vast majority of Falkirk fans have seen the team in the Premier League.

Guest Ecosse83
35 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The reason players who are bang average at best like Nelson and Robson are treated like Messi by our fans is because we've been conditioned to accept mediocrity with 10 years in this division. The sad fact is that a lot of our fans haven't seen us play in the premier league so they see these guys as the best we're going to get. Add that to the fact that most football fans wouldn't know a football if it hit them in the head and you can see why it happens.

Says him who thinks Kidd is good enough for us. Honestly you need to stop spouting your shit now. 

49 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

This season has been very similar to most we had in the Premier. Ie getting beat most weeks and bemoaning that the players aren't good enough and the managers a clown etc . Fans of provincial clubs have a much better experience getting to the top league (And having fun on the way) than they do when we're there. 

When the sad reality hits you that your competing for a prize you can't win then home support  can drop to the current levels or even lower. 

So maybe your right EDI some fans wont know how bad an experience the Premier league can be but I for one wouldn't  belittle what a great experience your team winning  or even challenging for the league can be (just ask the Ayr fans) But where your wrong is that they wouldn't recognise a football if it hit them on the head. Fans instinctively can recognise a good player from a bad one in my experience and days like when Simon sent a diving header in for the 3-2 victory can stay with you for a lifetime, so stop trying to be a smart arse and picking stupid arguments with us because whatever your agenda is its pretty obvious your not one of us. 

As you are similar age to one of my sons you won’t know much about us being anything but mediocre either

9 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

This season has been very similar to most we had in the Premier. Ie getting beat most weeks and bemoaning that the players aren't good enough and the managers a clown etc . Fans of provincial clubs have a much better experience getting to the top league (And having fun on the way) than they do when we're there. 

Couldn't disagree more.

57 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Never understood the "promotion is shit anyway" point. It isn't..

We have much better players when promoted, and we see much better players come here. 

We'll never have Tom Dallisons and Dennon Lewises in the top league

More like your Kevin McBrides, Enoch Showumnis, Steven Bradleys & Graham Barretts.

Any idea how good one your young players is?

We've signed a defender called Marky Munro from your youth team.

Edited by RandomGuy.