The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Not read this thread for a while. Cannot believe EdiBairn is still banging on about Robson. 

...but he rates Kidd? Bonkers!

Edited by jagfox99

The FH is a useful source of information when it sticks to direct quotes from the manager.
When they try to spin their own angle to make a story, they often get it wrong. Though in fairness I suppose you could say that about most newspapers.
I'd be surprised to see Irving return. 

Direct quotes TBF

I really don't understand the lovein for players like Nelson? He was good in a team that was rank rotten scoring 4 goals in the process.  It would have been good to get him back, don't get me wrong, but I am not overly fussed about missing out on him. Some of our support treat guys like this as legends it really puzzles me, guys like this couldn't lace Stainrod/Crunchie/Latapy's boots IMO.  He has gone elsewhere so we move on reading through some of the comments on twitter is a complete riddy. 

Guest Ecosse83

I

2 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

I really don't understand the lovein for players like Nelson? He was good in a team that was rank rotten scoring 4 goals in the process.  It would have been good to get him back, don't get me wrong, but I am not overly fussed about missing out on him. Some of our support treat guys like this as legends it really puzzles me, guys like this couldn't lace Stainrod/Crunchie/Latapy's boots IMO.  He has gone elsewhere so we move on reading through some of the comments on twitter is a complete riddy. 

Reading through Twitter comments is a bit of a riddy in my opinion :lol:

51 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Who’s likened his ability to Crunchie, God or Russell ??

Nelson's pace, work-rate and pressing were excellent, but his finishing was pretty awful. Would have taken him back as he's a handy player at this level, but I think we've already got a slight upgrade with Rudden as he's got similar attributes and is also a goalscorer.

Edited by lanky_ffc

2 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

My point was that guys like Nelson seem to be treated as legends such as those mentioned above didn't think it was that hard to comprehend to be honest. 

Id say its more you know what you are getting in Nelson, having had Haber and Lewis and the possibility of getting someone in whom we know feck all about again can be a worry, especially with strikers as a failure rate is generally higher than any other position

Nelson's pace, work-rate and pressing were excellent, but his finishing was pretty awful. Would have taken him back as he's a handy player at this level, but I think we've already got a slight upgrade with Rudden as he's got similar attributes and is also a goalscorer.
I tend to think Nelson is a better all round player and the goals will come. Rudden undeniably has the knack though. That cant be taught, and it will get you gigs even if your all round game doesnt match up.

I have a soft spot for Nelson just due to his style of play. He’d run through brick walls and clatter into centre halves double his size to try win the ball. Would’ve been a good signing as he looks to have improved since he was at us. Nobody’s likened him to Crunchie or Stainrod :lol: