The Falkirk FC Thread

20 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not sure Nelson is anywhere near ready for a relegation battle in the top flight.  Whilst he did well for us he was still pretty raw and Dundee to me need a lot better to drag them out the hole they are in.  I'd certainly take him back for us but botom of the championship is a whole different ball game from bottom of the top flight.

If it goes through, I think he will do well. The Scottish top league isnt some sort of mecca of talent, the half season here will have helped him along the way and although scoring for fun in the non league is no comparison to where he is, as a striker sometimes confidence is a huge impact on their game and one of the goals was an absolute screamer which shows he is capable.

The irony is if it goes through could see the return of St Mirren to the championship after Ross helps out his supported team !!

2 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Paton, with the players we have now, looks like an excellent player to bring on in the second half. I'd take Sibbald as a starter and Osman could sit on the bench. 

It's not going to happen anyway, but that's how I would see it if he did sign. Agree that we'll not get McKee shifted anytime soon. 

You need dig in the middle of the park though and Sibbald aint going to be flying in for any 50/50 challenged with his recent injury record.  Sibbald would fight it out with McShane for the other spot but again why sign him if you're going to sign Sibbald. I'd like to think we've signed our max of midfielders and now are looking at  strikers, right backs and goalkeepers.

You need dig in the middle of the park though and Sibbald aint going to be flying in for any 50/50 challenged with his recent injury record.  Sibbald would fight it out with McShane for the other spot but again why sign him if you're going to sign Sibbald. I'd like to think we've signed our max of midfielders and now are looking at  strikers, right backs and goalkeepers.
I hope you are right regarding RB and keeper. I just think the reasons so far for not signing Sibbald are shite.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I hope you are right regarding RB and keeper. I just think the reasons so far for not signing Sibbald are shite.

Sibbald's went backwards in his career although up a league. He wont get a game at Livi as I predicted and worse of all we got zero cash for holding all the keys.

I am happy enough with McShane, seems keen to get stuck in, more mobile, set piece play decent enough although I am not fully convinced with his corners but they are getting further than the first post, FTR McKee's corners against the pars were superb and was such a pity we had pea hearts trying to win the headers in that game.

I listened to David Weatherston's pod cast tell him Pele podcast and he was slavering about how good Sibbald was, yep I remember too but it wasnt as often as it was and was becoming more random than it was when he was in his teens, his best season he never surpassed for me was when he won the in-house young player of the year, player of the year and goal of the season

To be honest IMHO  Sibbald would be a Luxury signing something to appease a section of the fan base.  We need another two 10-15 goal strikers first and RB and GK next
We already have 1. Rudden will get that many. We also have Lavery and we have wider players who can satisfy the 4 3 3.

I wanted an experienced striker but atm I would say RB and GK are the ones that sort the balance

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We already have 1. Rudden will get that many. We also have Lavery and we have wider players who can satisfy the 4 3 3.

I wanted an experienced striker but atm I would say RB and GK are the ones that sort the balance

If Rudden gets injured, we're going to be fucked. We need more attacking players in before we even start thinking about right backs. Which Ray knows.

Guest Ecosse83
40 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

If Rudden gets injured, we're going to be fucked. We need more attacking players in before we even start thinking about right backs. Which Ray knows.

I must have imagined him trying to get Ralston the day he came in and signing Dumbaya hoping he would be fit enough to play. :lol:

26 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I must have imagined him trying to get Ralston the day he came in and signing Dumbaya hoping he would be fit enough to play. :lol:

He has different glasses than the rest of us in Edis Robson isnt in the team according to him but he was the only one that called it right ...:lol:

Hopefully no chance of Irving returning. Had a couple of decent performances right at the start of the season, but nothing after that. Completely incapable of imposing himself on the game. Could not even make the bench on Saturday. Absolutely no room for any passengers in our current position. Presumably Hearts will be looking for him to get more game time, that being the case he won't be coming back here. A genuine wide player is much more of a priority than another midfielder.

5 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Hopefully Fasan away. I'd like a new keeper but wouldn't be completely against Mitchell for the rest of the season with Mutch challenging for the number 1 spot.

I'd prefer a right back first :)

I don't think Ray is fussed which one of the two go from what I have been told as long as one of them does. Striker would be a priority for me though. 

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Falkirk Herald reporting that we are looking at bringing Irving back. McKinnons wording in it is a bit more dubious than that and makes it seem like just some nice words for the boy but still.

No thank you.

The FH is a useful source of information when it sticks to direct quotes from the manager.

When they try to spin their own angle to make a story, they often get it wrong. Though in fairness I suppose you could say that about most newspapers.

I'd be surprised to see Irving return. 

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Irving was meh, looks very good technically, just soft and can’t shoot. Will turn out a decent player imo. Not what we need right now though.

Agreed. If he was one of our own youth players I’d be happy to persevere with him to develop his game. Would be disappointed to see him return though.