The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Nah, he disappeared a lot faster than that on his return from Luton. (the only movement at speed)

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

It's been patently evident for 3 or 4 years Sibbald wasn't good enough to move on. He has no pace, or change of pace for that matter. Well seeing he was one of the few products of the Academy not to be moved on for cash

Sibbald was one of our best and most consistent players over a number of seasons, some of them as a very raw laddie.

He did frustrate me a bit though as he did with others (most notably Duncan Freemason) because he was very one paced, wasn't very strong, failed to impose himself sufficiently on games and seemed to lack confidence. The pace and strength thing though I think improved notably toward the end of his time with us.

IMO he is a more skillful player than Murdoch, Biabi, Stewart, Fulton, Arfield, Gallagher, Kingsley, Wallace etc who all came through the academy and who we all received cash for. It's not all about skill of course and some of these players have attributes that Sibbs lacks, like confidence, determination and strength of character. He's a follower, not a leader.

I've not seen the new midfielders yet as I've been abroad but the jury seems to be out with some of them; at least with Sibbald we would know what we're getting which, IMO at least, would improve us a lot, particularly if some of these other midfielders can compliment his style.

6 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He had the choice to stay but couldnt get away quick enough . Manager may have changed but its still the same bod that were here when he was playing silly buggers with his contract.  We've now got Mclean, Dunn, Waddington, McShane and Osman plus Paton ,Mckee and Petra . Would be a total waste of cash bringing in another midfielder

Get with the program brother - wasting cash is what we do now.

It's our new identity.

Roll on the summer transfer window when we do it all over again with another new team.  

2 hours ago, kiddy said:

It's been patently evident for 3 or 4 years Sibbald wasn't good enough to move on. He has no pace, or change of pace for that matter. Well seeing he was one of the few products of the Academy not to be moved on for cash

Genuine question- have you ever made a positive comment about any of our players on this forum? I'm really not sure what you get out of permanently seeking the negatives in everything to do with the club. 

If you genuinely thought Craig Sibbald wasn't good enough to improve us, I'd have serious doubts about your football knowledge. Of course you don't genuinely think that, however, and are just trolling and/or trying to further your bizarre, negative agenda.

11 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Genuine question- have you ever made a positive comment about any of our players on this forum? I'm really not sure what you get out of permanently seeking the negatives in everything to do with the club. 

If you genuinely thought Craig Sibbald wasn't good enough to improve us, I'd have serious doubts about your football knowledge. Of course you don't genuinely think that, however, and are just trolling and/or trying to further your bizarre, negative agenda.

irony.gif.0cee982ab5c4ba46a28e9cdf0a703b84.gif

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Despite your constant slating of Robson and your having a go at someone else slating players and being negative.

The difference is that I'm happy to look at and review players honestly, not based on a negative agenda

Schoolboy error there. Tbh, that’s probably the third or fourth trip up with that alias. Probably best to retire it gracefully.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

17 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Schoolboy error there. Tbh, that’s probably the third or fourth trip up with that alias. Probably best to retire it gracefully.

I don't have any aliases. The simple fact is that other posters share my views.

17 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I'd take him as replacement for McKee and Paton, tbf. 

You need to get rid first though and I cant see that happening anytime soon. Plus Paton is a totally different type of player who as we saw on Saturday could be very useful when fit and up for it. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

Another player to leave today apparently and I have heard at a minimum we are looking to bring another striker and GK although Ray did say 4 to come in between now and the end of Jan. 

Hopefully Fasan away. I'd like a new keeper but wouldn't be completely against Mitchell for the rest of the season with Mutch challenging for the number 1 spot.

I'd prefer a right back first :)