The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

This is just objectively true, surely. Robson is consistently targeted by opposition teams because he's defensively poor. Kidd is limited going forward but he doesn't make many defensive mistakes.

Like at Stenny when Kidds attempt to defend against a header was utterly feable you mean.  Kidds far too slow to play fullback. He's shit going forward and gets torn a new one any time he faces pace. 

37 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

This is just objectively true, surely. Robson is consistently targeted by opposition teams because he's defensively poor. Kidd is limited going forward but he doesn't make many defensive mistakes.

It can’t be objectively true. That’s an impossible claim to justify.

I'd probably play Paton at centre mid with McShane too until Osman is up to speed.  I'd drop MccLean and stick DKD out wide left. 

MacLeans shot against Ayr led to our goal and his assist was class against Partick. Like any winger at this level he looks fairly inconsistent however he would be very unlucky to find himself out the team already.

4 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

MacLeans shot against Ayr led to our goal and his assist was class against Partick. Like any winger at this level he looks fairly inconsistent however he would be very unlucky to find himself out the team already.

To me DKD is a better player its as  simple as that .  

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

We'll need to see how he fits in. McLean has done enough to justify his place in the mean time. 

McLean had one decent cross on Saturday. Otherwise he hardly ever tracks back and gives the ball away a hell of a lot.  At one point he ran straight out the pitch with the ball.  I see him more of a bench warmer coming on than a starter.

McLean had one decent cross on Saturday. Otherwise he hardly ever tracks back and gives the ball away a hell of a lot.  At one point he ran straight out the pitch with the ball.  I see him more of a bench warmer coming on than a starter.
Can't agree with this I'm afraid. At firhill, McLean was regularly tracking back at pace to help Robson out. Granted this tailed off a bit in second half but that could just be a fitness issue. I do think he could have quite a hot head though, he seemed to be getting involved in nonsense all over the park. Also, from what I hear DKD is unlikely to offer much defensively so I guess the lineup will depend on formation choice and who we are playing.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It can’t be objectively true. That’s an impossible claim to justify.

It can. If you look at objective facts like number of interceptions made, crosses blocked, possession loss, Kidd will come out well on top of Robson.

42 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Mitchell

McKenna.           McGhee.        Dixon

Petra        Mcshane        Paton.    McLean

DKD.        Rudden.     Lavery

That team would get totally pumped 

3 upfront and barely 1 midfielder who'd protect a back 3?

Edited by BountyBairn

Sadly McGhee is not a good enough footballer. He deserved a place up to now going forward I would bench him. Goals win games and one thing Harrison has in him is goals from set prices etc. McGhee is average at everything. I would have Harrison third choice CH behind Dixon and McKenna (who is class) If we could only get a decent RB it would make the world of difference. My maw is more athletic than Kidd and a better paser than Muirhead. 

McGhee ain’t great but he isnt the Harrison levels of shit