The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'll be absolutely astonished if McGhee ends up on the bench. Robson will be the one making way IMO.

Sadly McGhee is not a good enough footballer. He deserved a place up to now going forward I would bench him. Goals win games and one thing Harrison has in him is goals from set prices etc. McGhee is average at everything. I would have Harrison third choice CH behind Dixon and McKenna (who is class) If we could only get a decent RB it would make the world of difference. My maw is more athletic than Kidd and a better paser than Muirhead. 

40 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'll be absolutely astonished if McGhee ends up on the bench. Robson will be the one making way IMO.

Thankfully your opinion has proven to be wrong on, well, pretty much everything really.

19 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Sadly McGhee is not a good enough footballer. He deserved a place up to now going forward I would bench him. Goals win games and one thing Harrison has in him is goals from set prices etc. McGhee is average at everything. I would have Harrison third choice CH behind Dixon and McKenna (who is class) If we could only get a decent RB it would make the world of difference. My maw is more athletic than Kidd and a better paser than Muirhead. 

You’ve got to be kidding here? McGhee has been excellent in the previous two games. He’s not a right back in a million years but he’s definitely competing for one of the CH positions over Harrison. If we’re relying on Harrison’s goal threat to keep us up then we’re as good as gone. He’d cost us more goals than he’d score.

You’ve got to be kidding here? McGhee has been excellent in the previous two games. He’s not a right back in a million years but he’s definitely competing for one of the CH positions over Harrison. If we’re relying on Harrison’s goal threat to keep us up then we’re as good as gone. He’d cost us more goals than he’d score.

I think McGee has went massively down hill since joining falkirk. When he first signed I thought falkirk were lucky to have him and he looked a class above.

Now I think he just looks like any other championship centre half, he constantly gives possession away putting pressure on an already shite defence.

I suspect the back line will have McGhee as RB.  I doubt he'd be walking out with the captains armband on currently if the intention was to bench him.  Did he not play RB for hearts in their championship season?  Also when we've gone to a flat back 4 have we not been taking kidd off and putting McGhee there?  As much as I'd love to see a natural RB I don't think we'll see one this window.

54 minutes ago, ka202 said:

I think McGee has went massively down hill since joining falkirk. When he first signed I thought falkirk were lucky to have him and he looked a class above.

Now I think he just looks like any other championship centre half, he constantly gives possession away putting pressure on an already shite defence.

Thinking of former players it's interesting how in just about every position there have been guys who have the ability to weigh into our goals tally. My goalscoring team! 

RB Andy lawrie cb bomber brown cb. David mckracken lb luke leahy

Midfield 4 babtie Alex Taylor  Eddie may and lapaty up front stainrod Johnny Graham. We would maybe lose a few but it's a fifty goal a season team _that would be great to watch. Any improvements? 

Edited by Stainrod

The new signings have already made a huge difference.  I'm not sure how McKinnon is going to set up the team but given the signings so far I would guess we're going to start going with two up front and four at the back.
Mitchell hasn't done much wrong in the last couple of games but the thought of him potentially getting injured and seeing Fasan in goal again gives me the fucking fear. Hopefully a new keeper is on McKinnon's shopping list.
As much as I love Tommy (and don't buy in to most of the chat that he is a weak link defensively), Dixon has been very impressive so far and I'd be tempted to give him a run at left back in a back four. He can certainly cross a ball and is quicker than I was expecting. McGhee and McKenna have the potential to make a great partnership in the middle. To complete the new-look defence I would love to see us sign a new right back. An actual, proper right back. 
In terms of the other new guys, it's difficult to know exactly what McKinnon's plans are for them. I don't really see McShane as a goal-getter (5 for St Mirren in the Championship last season),  so I'd hope we play a more attacking player in beside him. That could be Keillor-Dunne if Waddington and MacLean keep starting on the wings.
Osman was clearly hugely lacking in fitness and match practice on Saturday and although he could be a good player for us I'm not sure we can afford such a luxury in the first team squad whilst he gets up to speed.
I'd probably like to see us sign another attacking midfielder to give us another option in the final third. Even if we let go of a couple of players we've got plenty of cover in defense and defensive midfield. Hopefully an experienced striker is the final part of the #rayvolution

New GK

New RB McKenna McGhee Dixon

Waddington Keillor-Dunn McShane MacLean

Rudden New ST

Subs: Mitchell, Robson, Muirhead, McKee, New AM, Lavery, Petravicius 
ps I've stuck Muirhead on the bench for his versatility but I don't necessarily prefer him to Brough, Harrison or Kidd.
pps Hopefully Ciaran Dunne gets some more game time in the second half of the season
I'd have Paton on the bench ahead of McKee

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd certainly have Dixon as lcb and mckenna as rcb.  Robson would be ok at lb if we get a decent player in front of him like Waddington on the right.   Get in a decent rb and we're getting there.

'the feck is wrong with you Shodwall? You're starting to make sense! 

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Thinking of former players it's interesting how in just about every position there have been guys who have the ability to weigh into our goals tally. My goalscoring team! 

RB Andy lawrie cb bomber brown cb. David mckracken lb luke leahy

Midfield 4 babtie Alex Taylor  Eddie may and lapaty up front stainrod Johnny Graham. We would maybe lose a few but it's a fifty goal a season team _that would be great to watch. Any improvements? 

I reckon that Andy Lawrie could well be our highest scoring full back of all time!

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I'd probably play Paton at centre mid with McShane too until Osman is up to speed.  I'd drop MccLean and stick DKD out wide left. 

I've obviously woken up in a parallel universe as I agree with too!

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

That's how bad he is, see. He wasn't there and nobody noticed. 

He thinks that Kidd's fine for this level of football so therefore feels that he's a better defender than Robson which IMO just isn't true. Also I think everyone, apart from Capt. Obvious, would universally agree that Robson's the better going forward.

The guy's a top class troll though, I'll give him that.

26 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He thinks that Kidd's fine for this level of football so therefore feels that he's a better defender than Robson

This is just objectively true, surely. Robson is consistently targeted by opposition teams because he's defensively poor. Kidd is limited going forward but he doesn't make many defensive mistakes.