The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

We will improve, in time, but what you saw from Partick is what you will get from them all season and I don't see that being enough. 

The simalarities in a yogi Falkirk team to Partick is there to see with passing and no end reward, we at a later stage dropped McBride to reap the benefits to collect points to stay up, it may come down to something similar with 5 games to go. 

One or two players can turn a team into championship winners or in our case championship survival. Thistle as it stands are less potent than us or Alloa, that needs to change for them

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

This. Some folk really need to have a think about their priorities.

Wonder if any of the new guys is handy as f**k? I would like that too.

McLean has an ONC in plumbing.

What you get when you recruit a great manager, have faith in your academy, bring through young players instead of recklessly signing players from other clubs (Bielsa signed 2 players in total), and have every one of your teams at every level playing the same way . 

Kinda the opposite of Lang's Falkirk. I'm not saying she's wrong , but how much money have we splurged in the last 12 months? Time will tell I suppose on the current Falkirk model.     

Leagues.jpg

Edited by Hank von Hell

11 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

No, he's targeted because he can't defend. Watch the highlights of the Dunfermline game- he passes the ball straight to the Dunfermline player for their 3rd goal. Nothing to do with his height, he's just not good enough defensively.

You could easily be describing your precious Muirhead there.

10 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

They are gash which is why Muirhead, Harrison and Brough have already been dropped and replaced with better quality. Robson should be no different.

Bugger , you've flipped again.

Sorry I can't keep up. Muirhead is now pish - like everyone else had been saying all along. 

What you get when you recruit a great manager, have faith in your academy, bring through young players instead of recklessly signing players from other clubs (Bielsa signed 2 players in total), and have every one of your teams at every level playing the same way . 
Kinda the opposite of Lang's Falkirk. I'm not saying she's wrong , but how much money have we splurged in the last 12 months? Time will tell I suppose on the current Falkirk model.     

Leagues.thumb.jpg.65d24741973a53812f427deefe63868e.jpg

Big mistake us not hiring Bielsa in the summer imo.

The new signings have already made a huge difference.  I'm not sure how McKinnon is going to set up the team but given the signings so far I would guess we're going to start going with two up front and four at the back.

Mitchell hasn't done much wrong in the last couple of games but the thought of him potentially getting injured and seeing Fasan in goal again gives me the fucking fear. Hopefully a new keeper is on McKinnon's shopping list.

As much as I love Tommy (and don't buy in to most of the chat that he is a weak link defensively), Dixon has been very impressive so far and I'd be tempted to give him a run at left back in a back four. He can certainly cross a ball and is quicker than I was expecting. McGhee and McKenna have the potential to make a great partnership in the middle. To complete the new-look defence I would love to see us sign a new right back. An actual, proper right back. 

In terms of the other new guys, it's difficult to know exactly what McKinnon's plans are for them. I don't really see McShane as a goal-getter (5 for St Mirren in the Championship last season),  so I'd hope we play a more attacking player in beside him. That could be Keillor-Dunne if Waddington and MacLean keep starting on the wings.

Osman was clearly hugely lacking in fitness and match practice on Saturday and although he could be a good player for us I'm not sure we can afford such a luxury in the first team squad whilst he gets up to speed.

I'd probably like to see us sign another attacking midfielder to give us another option in the final third. Even if we let go of a couple of players we've got plenty of cover in defense and defensive midfield. Hopefully an experienced striker is the final part of the #rayvolution

New GK

New RB McKenna McGhee Dixon

Waddington Keillor-Dunn McShane MacLean

Rudden New ST

Subs: Mitchell, Robson, Muirhead, McKee, New AM, Lavery, Petravicius 

ps I've stuck Muirhead on the bench for his versatility but I don't necessarily prefer him to Brough, Harrison or Kidd.

pps Hopefully Ciaran Dunne gets some more game time in the second half of the season

19 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yep. People forgetting that was the must win game of Particks season, at home against the next shittest side to themselves, and having (like us) had half of the window to strengthen.

They were unable to win that game. Their best shot at 3 points and they failed. I wouls have loved to have seen the scenes if we got a winner but you cant come away lauding that Partick side becasue they hold onto the ball well enough. They failed to win a must win at home against 9th. They are shite.

They are down Caldwell is a clown and their chairwoman hasn't got a clue. Partick are not the target its the group ahead and we're losing ground. 

They are down Caldwell is a clown and their chairwoman hasn't got a clue. Partick are not the target its the group ahead and we're losing ground. 
The instigator of my post was you saying Partick are miles better than us, and you now appear to be confirming they are relagated and nothing to worry about?

Alloa are on a good run no doubt, but your panoc button patter is mental. 4 points from those 2 away games is an excellent return. Alloa might have pulled away over the piece in the last few weeks but if you believe they can keep that form up then we have to disagree on that.

We are going to have to claw our way out of this no doubt, but in reality, Alloa are part time and sooner or later that will likely bite them, Dunfermline could go either way with managerial changes. Alloa put a run together, if we can make a similar run ij the next few weeks, we will be speaking differntly.

The new signings have already made a huge difference.  I'm not sure how McKinnon is going to set up the team but given the signings so far I would guess we're going to start going with two up front and four at the back.
Mitchell hasn't done much wrong in the last couple of games but the thought of him potentially getting injured and seeing Fasan in goal again gives me the fucking fear. Hopefully a new keeper is on McKinnon's shopping list.
As much as I love Tommy (and don't buy in to most of the chat that he is a weak link defensively), Dixon has been very impressive so far and I'd be tempted to give him a run at left back in a back four. He can certainly cross a ball and is quicker than I was expecting. McGhee and McKenna have the potential to make a great partnership in the middle. To complete the new-look defence I would love to see us sign a new right back. An actual, proper right back. 
In terms of the other new guys, it's difficult to know exactly what McKinnon's plans are for them. I don't really see McShane as a goal-getter (5 for St Mirren in the Championship last season),  so I'd hope we play a more attacking player in beside him. That could be Keillor-Dunne if Waddington and MacLean keep starting on the wings.
Osman was clearly hugely lacking in fitness and match practice on Saturday and although he could be a good player for us I'm not sure we can afford such a luxury in the first team squad whilst he gets up to speed.
I'd probably like to see us sign another attacking midfielder to give us another option in the final third. Even if we let go of a couple of players we've got plenty of cover in defense and defensive midfield. Hopefully an experienced striker is the final part of the #rayvolution

New GK

New RB McKenna McGhee Dixon

Waddington Keillor-Dunn McShane MacLean

Rudden New ST

Subs: Mitchell, Robson, Muirhead, McKee, New AM, Lavery, Petravicius 
ps I've stuck Muirhead on the bench for his versatility but I don't necessarily prefer him to Brough, Harrison or Kidd.
pps Hopefully Ciaran Dunne gets some more game time in the second half of the season

Dixon will play CH and Dunne is shite

Dixon will play CH and Dunne is shite
I can see why you are saying this, and I think its a decent way forward.... IF its not done in order to make do with McGhee at RB. He is fucking rank there IMO.

Last season I thought he might do a job there. I dont now. I dont like it!

If Dixon is CH then McGhees place is on the bench on the basis that McKenna is better than him.