The Falkirk FC Thread

Just thinking about how much we’ve struggled at right back the last few years. From the top of my head the following have all played at least 1 game for us there since relegation.

Jason Marr
Kieran Duffie
Ross Perry
Blair Alston
David Weatherston
Will Vaulks
Jonny Flynn
Liam Rowan
Alan Maybury
Paul Watson
Luca Gasporotto
Aaron Muirhead
Kevin McCann
Ryan Sinnamon
Lewis Kidd
Jordan McGhee

Now Vaulks and Duffie apart this list is fucking stinking.
The young guy Turnbull as well played a few games.

8 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Fully agree. He can't defend and is average at best going forward. Beyond me why he seems to have become the star of the team. I think the bench is where he'll end up very soon.

I thought he was being punted very soon according to you , now it's just the bench.

I suppose it retains your status of never being wrong when you constantly change your predictions. 

3 hours ago, tubbybairn said:
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dixon is going to play LCH sure of it with McKenna beside him, that gives us balance. Robson or Brough will play LB. He has 3 RB options and I don’t think he could make a decent one out of the 3 but of them it will be McGhee.

This is the way I see it going as well. Kind of makes Muirhead surplus to requirements in my mind.

He's not surplus to requirements because you can't have a squad of 11 players. We will pick up injuries and suspensions between now and the end of the season and I'd much rather have Muirhead available for when that happens than complete carthorses like Harrison and Brough.

Absolutely spot on
Just shows you how people can watch the same thing and see the opposite eh!

I had a couple of non bairns at the game yesterday and they all thought our right hand side was far stronger than the left. Is it a P&B young team thing or is Robson genuinely rated by the support? I just don't see it.

5 minutes ago, tirso said:

Just shows you how people can watch the same thing and see the opposite eh!

I had a couple of non bairns at the game yesterday and they all thought our right hand side was far stronger than the left. Is it a P&B young team thing or is Robson genuinely rated by the support? I just don't see it.

Kidd has taken over the designated scapegoat spot in the team now that Muirhead isn't playing. He'll be slated every week until he's dropped regardless of how he plays while Robson gets away with murder on the opposite flank.

Kidd has taken over the designated scapegoat spot in the team now that Muirhead isn't playing. He'll be slated every week until he's dropped regardless of how he plays while Robson gets away with murder on the opposite flank.

I have to agree. Robson was poor defensively on Saturday, whilst Kidd was just ok.
I think Kidd is a decent utility player from the bench for us and I’d keep him.
There were far poorer on Saturday. It’s early days for many of the players but Osman was a liability. It wasn’t so much the concern he’d get sent off that was going through my head, rather than the stray passes to Thistle players on the few occasions first half when we were pushing forward, leaving us exposed to counter attacks....

Can we just get this shite stopped. Lewis Kidd is absolute dugmeat and in no way a good enough right-back at this level.

The young guy Turnbull as well played a few games.

Nah Kyle Turnbull was a left-back. He came through the same time as Liam Dick. Always more impressed with Turnbull been surprised to see Dick so far have a better career.

Can we just get this shite stopped. Lewis Kidd is absolute dugmeat and in no way a good enough right-back at this level.

Nah Kyle Turnbull was a left-back. He came through the same time as Liam Dick. Always more impressed with Turnbull been surprised to see Dick so far have a better career.
Truly amazed that kidd is the one getting flak from yesterday. That Robson was a wee boy shoved off the ball countless times . Bar the worst free kick i have ever seen Kidd was largely non descript.

43 minutes ago, Russ said:

This can easily be tested. Lewis Kidd has played nearly 150 games at this level, mostly at right back, under many different managers. If he left us he'd easily get another gig in the championship.

People can dislike a player but I wish they'd stop with this 'he's not good enough for this league' shite when the player concerned has played in the championship for 6 seasons.

Edited by EdiBairn

16 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

This can easily be tested. Lewis Kidd has played nearly 150 games at this level, mostly at right back, under many different managers. If he left us he'd easily get another gig at this level.

People can dislike a player but I wish they'd stop with this 'he's not good enough for this league' shite when the player concerned has played in the championship for 6 seasons.

I actually agree with this. Although I think he's actually a  midfielder and more effective there - however credit to him for being adaptable.

Now for a lie down in a dark room.   

Against queen's I believe? Same day the rangers got hammered off celtic, he was God awful as I'm sure his mind was elsewhere for some reason....

Yeah it was. I was fuming that day. Had Dobbie first goal scorer and 2-1 Falkirk at 75/1. Aird couldn’t be bothered closing down the cross when Dobbie made it 2-2.

McKenna is an absolutely outstanding find from what we've seen so far. Probably the centre back most confident with the ball at his feet we've had since Aafjes.

Probably because he played in midfield and has just switched to CH recently