The Falkirk FC Thread

Robson gives all he has in every game. His big issue is that he is defined by his defensive work which is actually the weakest part of his game. I reckon he looks like a perfect example of a player who needs to be transitioned into a completely different role where his ability to drive forward is way more important than any defensive input.

He has terrific stamina, and there might be the makings of a box to box midfielder there. Whether we have the time or the will to work on that is the question, but for me, he has more to offer than we are currently seeing.

Every game between now & May is massive. Club should look to do all they can, especially for the games where the North stand would be closed, to get as many punters in as possible and try turnaround our home form.

Attacking football will help from all the new players as that’s what gets the fans going, look at the final 15mins yesterday.

Every game between now & May is massive. Club should look to do all they can, especially for the games where the North stand would be closed, to get as many punters in as possible and try turnaround our home form.

Attacking football will help from all the new players as that’s what gets the fans going, look at the final 15mins yesterday.
I agree that they should be as active as possible in attracting more fans but I for one will be pissed off if they start offering reduced entrance prices again. That just penalises season ticket holders who have already parted with their cash when instead they should be doing all they can to keep those of us that have stuck by them through this mince.

I agree that they should be as active as possible in attracting more fans but I for one will be pissed off if they start offering reduced entrance prices again. That just penalises season ticket holders who have already parted with their cash when instead they should be doing all they can to keep those of us that have stuck by them through this mince.

My first thought wasn’t heavily reduced entry to be honest but along the lines of promoting existing schemes. We currently let 1 primary school per game get 50 group tickets & free bus travel.

Open this up to EVERY primary school aged child for non category A games (not the free travel) and we could get us a few hundred extra on the gate.

Likewise, the community teams get 1 game per season too, open the north stand up & let them in.

We already get Brilliant crowds of around 4,000 Home fans but could easily get another 1,000 by expanding those 2 avenues.

Re partially reduced entry, I’d have no issues if they did a deal for 2 games say at £30. Fiver off each game & still slightly more being paid versus our ST per match (£13.88 for a South stand adult).

2 hours ago, tirso said:

By far and away the biggest weak link in the team yesterday . Too lightweight. He looks like a trier but seems totally out of his depth to me

Absolute shite. Lewis kidd is fucking awful. Constantly caught out, cart horst trying to get forward and even worse trying to tow that caravan back to defend, thank god we had mckenna who had to come across and cover constantly. Worst player in that team and has done f**k all since that abysmal debut at forthbank except a couple of ok performances in centre mid last season. 

2 hours ago, GMBairn said:

I don't think Robson reminds me a bit of Leahy, he will be exposed defensively but does offer a good option going forward with overlapping and crossing.

On the other side Kidds defending is probably worse than Robsons and his attacking threat is non-existent as he can barely keep a cross in the park, the one he skewed causing the thistle keeper to tip it over the bar yesterday sums it up, we had 3 players in the box, one unmarked on the pen spot and he couldn't pick out any of them from about 10 feet away. 

Absolutely spot on

What is it with the love in for Robson. Mediocre at the back and not much better going forward. Playing a blinder once every 10-15 games isn’t enough.
I think a lot of the young lads in our support appear to adore the guy, seems to give him a pass when he plays badly.

I have my doubts over Robson in a back 4 defensively he seems too weak at times and is easily pushed aside and because his size he’s an easy target for long balls. However you’re doing a massive disservice to his attacking play. He’s got pace, actively looks to beat his man and get to the byeline and his final ball is generally quite good.

McKenna may well be the right back we need on a back 4

Naw. Just naw.

McKenna looks like a quality centre back so that’s where he needs to stay and we need to get in a proper actual right-back.

Lewis Kidd is a bang average midfielder at this level and fairly poor at wing-back. He’s even worse at full-back. And don’t get me started on fucking Muirhead playing there again.

Just thinking about how much we’ve struggled at right back the last few years. From the top of my head the following have all played at least 1 game for us there since relegation.

Jason Marr
Kieran Duffie
Ross Perry
Blair Alston
David Weatherston
Will Vaulks
Jonny Flynn
Liam Rowan
Alan Maybury
Paul Watson
Luca Gasporotto
Aaron Muirhead
Kevin McCann
Ryan Sinnamon
Lewis Kidd
Jordan McGhee

Now Vaulks and Duffie apart this list is fucking stinking.

21 minutes ago, Russ said:

Just thinking about how much we’ve struggled at right back the last few years. From the top of my head the following have all played at least 1 game for us there since relegation.

Jason Marr
Kieran Duffie
Ross Perry
Blair Alston
David Weatherston
Will Vaulks
Jonny Flynn
Liam Rowan
Alan Maybury
Paul Watson
Luca Gasporotto
Aaron Muirhead
Kevin McCann
Ryan Sinnamon
Lewis Kidd
Jordan McGhee

Missed Joe Shaughnessy

30 minutes ago, Russ said:

Jason Marr
Kieran Duffie
Ross Perry
Blair Alston
David Weatherston
Will Vaulks
Jonny Flynn
Liam Rowan
Alan Maybury
Paul Watson
Luca Gasporotto
Aaron Muirhead
Kevin McCann
Ryan Sinnamon
Lewis Kidd
Jordan McGhee

Fraeser Aird once also.

3 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

He's similar to Leahy in that he's better going forward than defending. Having said that, Leahy was far better in an attacking sense and could actually defend.

In a back four Leahy hands down, also think Leahy was decent at defending with the occasional someone has the beating of him evrrytime, a lot of Leahy good forward play was down to his understanding with Sibbald.

Robson makes it happen all by himself which is why he is appreciated by our fans, he doesn't have a Sibbald playing one twos or playing him in, it's pure hunger.

I thought Kidd played well at Ayr, Robson not so and on Saturday it swapped. I do think if we go to a back four, we need Dixon at left back and a right back in.

In a back four Leahy hands down, also think Leahy was decent at defending with the occasional someone has the beating of him evrrytime, a lot of Leahy good forward play was down to his understanding with Sibbald.
Robson makes it happen all by himself which is why he is appreciated by our fans, he doesn't have a Sibbald playing one twos or playing him in, it's pure hunger.
I thought Kidd played well at Ayr, Robson not so and on Saturday it swapped. I do think if we go to a back four, we need Dixon at left back and a right back in.

Dixon is going to play LCH sure of it with McKenna beside him, that gives us balance. Robson or Brough will play LB. He has 3 RB options and I don’t think he could make a decent one out of the 3 but of them it will be McGhee.

Missed Joe Shaughnessy

Fraeser Aird once also.

Knew I would miss someone out though I do like to pretend that *** b*****d Aird played for us.

Did we no play there for a couple of games? One start but I’m sure Houston went through a wee phase where his idea of ‘going for it’ was putting Aird to right-back. Similar to what he done the season before but with Alston.

Shaughnessy was extremely average for us at right-back for released by Aberdeen that summer I’m sure then has went on to be one of the most consistent centre backs in the Premiership.

Dixon is going to play LCH sure of it with McKenna beside him, that gives us balance. Robson or Brough will play LB. He has 3 RB options and I don’t think he could make a decent one out of the 3 but of them it will be McGhee.

This is the way I see it going as well. Kind of makes Muirhead surplus to requirements in my mind.