The Falkirk FC Thread

Disagree, especially with us still having to play Alloa twice (& we must be one of the few teams not to have lost to them). We look a different side to December & another 4 players to come in. League positions at the end of February will look a lot different I think.
Yeah. We just need to keep plugging away. There is some quality in the side now and if we land another couple of well placed signing we should be a decent side. McKenna, McShane and DKD in particular look just the ticket.

Its easy to come away today dejected when you see the Alloa result but today was must not lose, away from home and if someone said last Friday you fancy 4 points from the next two you would have been delighted. Of course sometimes the way a game runs a draw goes from ok to shite but has to be kept in perspective. Alloa are on a cracking run but it wont go on forever. We just need to try and go on our own run and hopefully it will be enough

Hate to say it but we need a LB before a RB. Once again Robson was targeted today and he was losing out on challenges and headers time and again. Far too lightweight and easily brushed off the ball. All of his good work comes going forward.

55 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

We're never catching Alloa. On the plus side Morton and the fifers are so shite we might catch them.

48 pts to play for, different level but sure we were 10pts behind Hibs with less games.

It's not gonna be easy but to judge our rollercoaster season with 16 games to go is a bit crazy.

Tbf I find it amusing how our support on here go from we are shite to we are Brazil if we win. I have always been glass half full, nowts changed, I'd be more concerned if we had Caldwell record of 1 win

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

48 pts to play for, different level but sure we were 10pts behind Hibs with less games.

It's not gonna be easy but to judge our rollercoaster season with 16 games to go is a bit crazy.

Tbf I find it amusing how our support on here go from we are shite to we are Brazil if we win. I have always been glass half full, nowts changed, I'd be more concerned if we had Caldwell record of 1 win

45 points I think. Your points still stand though.

Hate to say it but we need a LB before a RB. Once again Robson was targeted today and he was losing out on challenges and headers time and again. Far too lightweight and easily brushed off the ball. All of his good work comes going forward.

I disagree. Not so much in the thinking we need to replace robson more that he at least gives us an attacking presence which we don’t have at all on the right. That plus Kidd and McGee don’t look comfortable defending out there means I still think we have to get in a decent RB before we look at the other side IMO.
But by Christ we need someone up helping rudden out

That better be the last of the back 5. McKenna strolled it today and with Dixon beside him we have the security to be more open. Don’t agree about the LB (we have Brough too) but a RB is a must if we want to have balance.

Rudden scores goals but he just doesn’t get us up the pitch. He needs support either someone who can hold it of someone with real pace to get us in behind. Keillor-Dunn looked decent.

Yeah. We just need to keep plugging away. There is some quality in the side now and if we land another couple of well placed signing we should be a decent side. McKenna, McShane and DKD in particular look just the ticket.

Alloa are on a cracking run but it wont go on forever. We just need to try and go on our own run and hopefully it will be enough

The Goodwin express is on a role the confidence of 3 home victories is superb. We h draggedDunfermline back into he relegation fight

4 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

His comments were like a consensus of P&B opinion from the past year or two.

glad to represent in that case! 

5 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Not seen you in a while

Hiya

Although none of us are happy being 9th I’m going to be optimistic here. Is that allowed ??

Ray has only really had his own players in for 2 games in which we have earned 4 points. Both games were away and both were tough in their own rights as we played a team fighting for the title and a team fighting for their life. He has said he is still trying to bring in 4 more players so he knows there is work still to do in building the squad out. He has also got rid of a lot of the rubbish.

We don’t have a game next week therefore he has 2 whole weeks of working with these players to try and get them fitter, to team build and to help gel them.

After that we have 2 home games which although are tough, are also, I believe winnable.

I genuinely do believe things are looking up and let’s face it, after the mess Hartley left us in even finishing 9th would be better than what most of us hoped for 6-8 weeks ago.

COYB

A RB in, play a back four, and whatever gubbins formation you fancy in front of that, and the escape might be on. I know McKinnon wants a bit of breathing space to get players bedded in, but in two weeks time, the new Falkirk needs to be an attack minded outfit.

Other than the Fifer game, we aren’t leaking goals, but the defence now looks like it can look after its own shit (and a RB would reinforce that), so we need to be more attack minded. We really need to start to get wins on the board, not draws. 

From today’s game, I was impressed with the defence as a unit.

McKenna is a revelation.

McLean did nothing as did Osman. Glad Ray took him off as he was heading for a red card.

liked DKD when he came on but, as someone mentioned we need to give Rudden some support.

all in all, continuing to improve.

Falkirk Herald with a flashback to that time we signed Richard Cadette in 1973. Alf Garnett was our manager at the time.

"Coloured striker Richard Cadette signed a three-year deal with Falkirk last night (Wednesday) then pledged to grab the goals to blast the Bairns up the Premier League table."

Clicky

Edited by Gaz

55 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Falkirk Herald with a flashback to that time we signed Richard Cadette in 1973. Alf Garnett was our manager at the time.

"Coloured striker Richard Cadette signed a three-year deal with Falkirk last night (Wednesday) then pledged to grab the goals to blast the Bairns up the Premier League table."

Clicky

:lol::blink::o

I'm about 100% sure this is the most Herald readers have been offended ever