The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If he's played an SFA sanctioned fixture, he should be on two clubs and unable to sign for a third. What diddy cup do you mean? If it's the challenge cup, I'm not sure how that would work, are the still considered "colt" teams or under 21s?

Challenge Cup so a "Colt" team but in a senior tournament. Odd one, but if it counts as 1 club then it makes us hot favourite surely

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

Patrick Cregg's career fell off a cliff when he left, he was one of my favourite players as you knew he'd get stuck in

Aye, Cregg never again reached the heights he hit at Falkirk

Spoiler

17-05-14-william-hill-scottish-cup-final-9921977.jpg.7100872dd38220d8696d22eda979617d.jpg

I took from the meeting that the patron to supporters ratio wasn't fixed and could be more support based if that's the way it goes. Was what they were looking at not a cast in stone must be X amount by patrons, Y by supporters, although I might have picked it up wrong.

It can be but it will only mean that the deal will take longer to get over the line. Ideal to get the Patron pledges to the 560k and things will move quickly

If the patron side doesn't raise the amount hoped for but the supporters side does, would it be possible to extend the supporters 2 year buying of shares to 4 or 5 to make up the shortfall? Allowing the scheme to go ahead if patrons don't fill enough places. 

P.s sorry if this sounds negative as the scheme has been exceptional so far and got fans wanting to put hard cash in to own a piece of the club. 

If the patron side doesn't raise the amount hoped for but the supporters side does, would it be possible to extend the supporters 2 year buying of shares to 4 or 5 to make up the shortfall? Allowing the scheme to go ahead if patrons don't fill enough places. 

P.s sorry if this sounds negative as the scheme has been exceptional so far and got fans wanting to put hard cash in to own a piece of the club. 

It is hoped the Patrons could fill the whole 800k so the fans could pay back the Patrons to get change much quicker.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, Cregg never again reached the heights he hit at Falkirk

Hide contents

17-05-14-william-hill-scottish-cup-final-9921977.jpg.7100872dd38220d8696d22eda979617d.jpg

Yep his career went so high that day from the unused sub to being freed...

The reserve goalie achievement at a big club at a small club is ticked

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is hoped the Patrons could fill the whole 800k so the fans could pay back the Patrons to get change much quicker.

30 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

“IF” the patrons raised £800k surely you have to respect the commitment and willingness of 600 plus fans to pledge their collective share. You can’t just say to the fans, we got our £800k from patrons we don’t need your bit now.  I think the fans want to be part of this and do their bit. Apologies if I’ve interpreted what you said above wrongly.

“IF” the patrons raised £800k surely you have to respect the commitment and willingness of 600 plus fans to pledge their collective share. You can’t just say to the fans, we got our £800k from patrons we don’t need your bit now.  I think the fans want to be part of this and do their bit. Apologies if I’ve interpreted what you said above wrongly.

I probably haven’t explained it properly.

It is obvious change is wanted by the vast majority of fans. 800k changes the shareholding make up. 560k from the Patrons gets two seats on the Board but the full change can’t be completed until the all the money is in place.

So what he been muted if one or two or three or a number of Patrons put the balance between 560k and 800k up front the fans 25% in theory would be purchased overnight and the 240k the fans raise v DD could be paid back to the individual/s over the 2 years. I do understand a good number in the fans section however have just said here is my year/2 year sub upfront so the fan money could come in quicker than the 2 years.

That way the deal could be complete on day 1 and the full change could happen immediately rather than transition over 2 years.

All theory of course and reliant on people who can afford it to bridge that gap.

I understand Significant work is being done in the background to speak to individuals capable of contributing 5k and upwards

Hopefully that makes it clear?

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is obvious change is wanted by the vast majority of fans. 800k changes the shareholding make up. 560k from the Patrons gets two seats on the Board but the full change can’t be completed until the all the money is in place.

So what he been muted if one or two or three or a number of Patrons put the balance between 560k and 800k up front the fans 25% in theory would be purchased overnight and the 240k the fans raise v DD could be paid back to the individual/s over the 2 years. I do understand a good number in the fans section however have just said here is my year/2 year sub upfront so the fan money could come in quicker than the 2 years.

That way the deal could be complete on day 1 and the full change could happen immediately rather than transition over 2 years.

All theory of course and reliant on people who can afford it to bridge that gap.

I understand Significant work is being done in the background to speak to individuals capable of contributing 5k and upwards

Understand. It’s all quite complex and might need some “Big Hitting Deal Makers” to get it over the line.

Understand. It’s all quite complex and might need some “Big Hitting Deal Makers” to get it over the line.

It is not different than what happened with the guy Scott at St.Mirren. He put the money up to get the deal done and the fans are paying him back. Hearts similar with Budge.

Or 24 Patrons sicking another 10k in (if of course they get enough to get to 560k)

43 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I'm not aware of any significant work being done to speak to individuals capable of contributing £5k+ but then the club has never made the effort to understand who its supporters are.