The Falkirk FC Thread

My recollection is that he plays on the left based on the talk about him taking Gardynes place.... Would make sense given that we have Maclean for the right. 

Eta could be shite as someone also said he lijes to cut inside

Very right footed, but prefers to play wide left. He drifts way inside a lot, and puts a lot of pressure on the left back behind him. I dare say he could play as a ten, but he’s never a centre midfielder. My guess is if he’s signed to start, you’ll be playing a back four.

Very different players, but think of Matt Ritchie when he plays on the right - constantly checking in field to either shoot on his left or play a ball over the opposite full back.

33 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Very right footed, but prefers to play wide left. He drifts way inside a lot, and puts a lot of pressure on the left back behind him. I dare say he could play as a ten, but he’s never a centre midfielder. My guess is if he’s signed to start, you’ll be playing a back four.

Very different players, but think of Matt Ritchie when he plays on the right - constantly checking in field to either shoot on his left or play a ball over the opposite full back.

The new team is shaping up well. I just have one wish before I pop my clogs. Can we sign a f___King RWB. It's been so long (probably duffie in his prime) since we have had one with a decent one with an engine to get up and down. If we just  can't get one let's give Petra a try! He's has all the qualities and would roast most defences with his pace on the overlap! 

I realise that I'm late to this party, but The Falkirk Stadium is an unbelievably shite name and makes our unbelievably shite, soulless stadium even worse.

Anyone else mind when Mowlem were building the main stand and stuck white paper bags over the seats to spell out Mowlem over the Falkirk Stadium part?

I don't mind the shape of the 4231 but as much as I like him I couldn't have Robson in a back 4. 
My back 4 would be 
Dixon.  McGhee. Mckenna. Kidd
Osman and McShane in the 2 gives me a boner though :lol:

Be 4-3-3 IMO

Mitchell

McGhee/Kidd MCKenna Dixon Brough/Robson

Waddington Osman McShane

McLean Lavery Keiler-Dunne

The person who named Benedictus was probably all the confirmation needed that it was a non-starter.

When we got Dixon I believe that interest stopped although I believe McKinnon would still like another defender

Guest Ecosse83
21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Be 4-3-3 IMO

Mitchell

McGhee/Kidd MCKenna Dixon Brough/Robson

Waddington Osman McShane

McLean Lavery Keiler-Dunne

The signings definitely indicates a 433 to me. I was convinced we would play that against Ayr but maybe the new signing will let us line up that way now. 

I think we're at the stage where the team pretty much picks itself with a few tweaks thank god.

36 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The signings definitely indicates a 433 to me. I was convinced we would play that against Ayr but maybe the new signing will let us line up that way now. 

I think we're at the stage where the team pretty much picks itself with a few tweaks thank god.

We were probably a winger shy of a 4-3-3 last week in fairness, without Petra he’d have been playing Tommy at winger (not the most pish idea), if he’s playing DKD there then grand 

44 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

FFS BPM; you do realise you've just given Edibairn a bit of credibility?

Go and wash your mouth out with soap.

There’s little doubt that the sheer scale of the changes required meant that McKinnon was casting a pretty wide net in terms of who contractually might be approachable in January, and who might just have to wait til the summer.

On top of that would be the approaches for loan players which would far less well defined.

It would be no surprise if the management team were “looking at” more than 100 names before being whittled down to what we have now. Benedictus had even been mentioned on Raith Rovers own forum, and was an easy guess given McKinnon’s “previous” with him.

I don’t think there has been a single “ITK” name leaked on here for the January window.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think there has been a single “ITK” name leaked on here for the January window.

Shayne Lavery was correctly named in various places last week, though ironically Ciaran McKenna, who also signed the day before the official announcement, escaped everyone. Well, almost everyone.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Shayne Lavery was correctly named in various places last week, though ironically Ciaran McKenna, who also signed the day before the official announcement, escaped everyone. Well, almost everyone.

Agreed. Even then, there was nowt stone wall on here. Absolutely people knew, but none of those whose best interests were in keeping quiet gave the game away (unlike previous windows).

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Risky business calling it after one game, but McKenna could easily end up my favorite out the lot if he keeps on the way he started. Got a sizeable soft spot for big dominant defenders :wub:

Saturday will be my first sighting as last week was FTV where on my iPad, Waddington certainly caught the eye (possibly because his galloping forward runs were such a refreshing sight this season).

I guess the current name of the game for McKinnon is putting together something that will outdo Partick and Alloa, but I am wondering if this current group in two or three weeks time might actually be a real threat to every team in the league. Maybe getting carried away with that kind of thinking....

The league is very poor in quality this season and we haven't played a good team yet IMO. Our team of 3 or even 2 seasons ago would've walked the title.

If Ray can get his other 3 targets in and the new guys can click, there's no reason we can't start climbing the table. The playoffs might even be a (remote) possibility.

Edited by EdiBairn

Saturday will be my first sighting as last week was FTV where on my iPad, Waddington certainly caught the eye (possibly because his galloping forward runs were such a refreshing sight this season).
I guess the current name of the game for McKinnon is putting together something that will outdo Partick and Alloa, but I am wondering if this current group in two or three weeks time might actually be a real threat to every team in the league. Maybe getting carried away with that kind of thinking....

Calm down a bit there

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Someone liked EdiBairns post 2 above this. I cant bear to check who.

What part of it do you disagree with? Or is this just more inane pish. Really quite impressive how you've managed to make more than 18000 posts without saying anything sensible or original about the topic of this forum.

Edited by EdiBairn

I agree that this league is terrible. Even much vaunted Ross County don't look good at all.

Makes it even more impressive that we managed to recruit a squad that this league is an ocean for. 

Imagine we'd fielded this dross when Hearts, Hibs and Rangers were down. Would seriously have been looking at 7 or 8 goal thrashings.