The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

DKD left or right footed?

My recollection is that he plays on the left based on the talk about him taking Gardynes place.... Would make sense given that we have Maclean for the right. 

Eta could be shite as someone also said he lijes to cut inside

Edited by Bairnardo

1 minute ago, wee_bairn said:

I reckon he will play a 4-2-3-1 with MacLean DKD and Waddington behind the striker.

Mcshane and Osman sitting midfielders. 

Back 4 of Dixon, McGhee, McKenna and Kidd with Tommy dropping to the bench.

I'd not be against this but stick McGhee RB, Dixon in the middle and Robson at LB.

I reckon he will play a 4-2-3-1 with MacLean DKD and Waddington behind the striker.
Mcshane and Osman sitting midfielders. 
Back 4 of Dixon, McGhee, McKenna and Kidd with Tommy dropping to the bench.
IIRC correctly McKinnon got pelter from the DABs for slavishly sticking to the 4 2 3 1 so its certainly a formation he likes.

4 5 1 was my prediction but I do think 4 at the back is the way we will go.

I do like a 3 5 2 and we almost have the players for it but if we were doing it long term I would like Kidd replaced at RWB and we need another striker currently.

I definitely see us going 4 at the back and 1 up top on Saturday even if Rudden returns.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

IIRC correctly McKinnon got pelter from the DABs for slavishly sticking to the 4 2 3 1 so its certainly a formation he likes.

4 5 1 was my prediction but I do think 4 at the back is the way we will go.

I do like a 3 5 2 and we almost have the players for it but if we were doing it long term I would like Kidd replaced at RWB and we need another striker currently.

I definitely see us going 4 at the back and 1 up top on Saturday even if Rudden returns.

was expecting him to go back to a 4 last weekend but never happened, may now do now with DKD signing,

Just have a feeling he may stick with the back 3/ back 5 for next couple of games

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Benedictus had been mentioned a couple of times before, but he's just extended his contract (along with Lewis Vaughan).

I'm glad Benedictus out of our interest, he always seemed like a red card waiting to happen, not greatly mobile also and with more injuries recently will suggest even less mobile since last I saw him.

I'd take Vaughan but for some reason I think he'd be another Stevie Logan

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

was expecting him to go back to a 4 last weekend but never happened, may now do now with DKD signing,

Just have a feeling he may stick with the back 3/ back 5 for next couple of games

Until we have a relevant strike force, I can see us sticking with the back 3/5.

It gives us more option to fit in Osman, Waddington and McShane also, I can't see all three feature in a mid 4 

22 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

If we don’t get rudden back I’d have a 4-3-2-1

Mitchell

McGhee
McKenna
Dixon
Robson

Osman
McShane

DKD
Waddington
McLean

Lavery

Waddingtons runs from midfield at Ayr were fantastic and hopefully he’s even better in the middle.

I quite like the look of that side although the big concern will be match fitness, I think we had 3 or 4 players going down with cramp at Somerset last week.

Also leaves us with a choice between of Fasan, Kidd, Muirhead, Brough, Harrison, Paton, Irving, McKee, O'Hara and possibly Petra for the bench. Definitely would make sense to have a few more outgoings this month if we can. We're really light up front though, really hope the Rudden deal gets done.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Benedictus had been mentioned a couple of times before, but he's just extended his contract (along with Lewis Vaughan).

Think the Benedictus one was spouted by he who shall not be named E******n

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

If we don’t get rudden back I’d have a 4-3-2-1

Mitchell

McGhee
McKenna
Dixon
Robson

Osman
McShane

DKD
Waddington
McLean

Lavery

Waddingtons runs from midfield at Ayr were fantastic and hopefully he’s even better in the middle.

I don't mind the shape of the 4231 but as much as I like him I couldn't have Robson in a back 4. 

My back 4 would be 

Dixon.  McGhee. Mckenna. Kidd

Osman and McShane in the 2 gives me a boner though :lol:

Edited by Ecosse83

25 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Think the Benedictus one was spouted by he who shall not be named E******n

Oh he’s still flitting around using his numerous aliases.