The Falkirk FC Thread

17 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Anything planned for tomorrow @Bainsfordbairn ? A bit of golf, sitting around at home watching telly or maybe somewhere using your camera?

I was thinking of a nice scenic walk NewBorn.

Start at Robinsons Hire Drive. stroll down the canalbank in the direction of the sunrise and maybe get to the Kelpies just as the dawn broke. Then pop into the stadium for a healthy breakfast just in time to meet a new arrival. :thumsup2

And before you ask, no I don't have anything planned for tomorrow. I think that's us for the week though you never know.

6 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Bit of an odd one, this.

If this guy is so good, why would Ross County lend him out to a team in the same league?

ROss County are top of the league, we're second bottom. 

34 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Right, that's the number 10 sorted. We need Rudden back and one more striker. 

Got to feel a wee bit sorry for Petra, sitting at home rehabbing what his chance of game time slowly evaporates. 

Given the way Ray will want you to play then DKD will be Left Wing and MacLean RW. Have seen him play multiple times, you have got a good player there. 

43 minutes ago, madton said:

bound to get abuse of some fans on his return though)

It's the done thing nowadays even if they only made one sub appearance.

He likes a shot, which is a good thing in my book and prove to be on Saturday, time will tell once he gets match sharpness up to scratch

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Got to feel a wee bit sorry for Petra, sitting at home rehabbing what his chance of game time slowly evaporates. 

No time for sorry, he is more of a cult player for me and only prove partially his worth when moved to a forward role, tho shown flashes of set up play he always had the flashes of why he is cult also, the worst shot at goal I've ever seen in a Falkirk jersey topping the list.

Paton another who isn't good enough of which I'll be amazed if he is in the starting 11 again on merit

Bit of an odd one, this.
If this guy is so good, why would Ross County lend him out to a team in the same league?

You’re right. Must be shite.

There’s never usually a big gap between top and bottom of any league.

I mean Celtic don’t have any players that wouldn’t play for them but would get a game for Dundee or St Mirren.

And Liverpool wouldn’t have any players that wouldn’t get a game for them but would get a game for Huddersfield.

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Bit of an odd one, this.

He has undoubted potential but needs game time, he wasn’t getting it as he’s in competition with Gardyne and Mullen. Falkirk aren’t rivals for promotion at the moment. Hopefully he’ll help you take points of teams nearer us.

18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Bit of an odd one, this.

Yeah , it's a bit like Celtic loaning out someone like Ryan Christie to a main competitior for a seas.... oh wait a minute.

There'll be a clause that he's not allowed to play against them but if he helps us beat their competitors then it also helps them.

Edited by hobbes

Guest Ecosse83

Have to admit I know very little about our new signing but by f**k it's refreshing to have a manager that knows what needs strengthening and going to get players to help with those positions.

The days of Hartley signing a bunch of players then trying to figure out how to play them are over.:thumsup2

Edited by Ecosse83

Guest Ecosse83

Going by recent comments we can expect another 3 not including Rudden if he comes back.

Definitely need another striker but not sure what else would be a priority now. Right back and goalkeeper?

30 minutes ago, Rugster said:

ROss County are top of the league, we're second bottom. 

This, really.  If he helps Falkirk take points off Ayr or Dundee United or Inverness, plus gets experience, plus can't play against Ross County, what's the drawback?

It's not like he's Ryan Dow, a diddy with no chance of a return to the first team squad.  He's one of County's best rated young players who, for one reason or another, isn't playing much at the moment.

Most of our loan players go out to teams in lower divisions, so it's indicative of his ability that he's going to Falkirk.

First Falkirk signing I've been jealous of. He looked a special talent in highlights of Ross County games when they were in Premier league, although he must have regressed a bit if they're willing to send him out on loan.

Hopefully he's a hopeless sandancer not needed for a relegation battle.

On the match thread before the 1 1 game with County I recall saying I was glad that Gardyne was out and a good few County fans replied that they werent bothered as DKD was there and they expected big things from him.

If we can get him to the level where they think he should be then it will be a fantastic signing. He is going to get game time and it looks like a decent midfield to play in.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

An *interesting* choice of a 1992 flashback from the Falkirk Herald today :o

I know they're just printing the story as it was from 27 years ago but why on Earth would you choose this?

herald.JPG

Jeez. Coloured striker.  Times have changed thank goodness. 

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I know they're just printing the story as it was from 27 years ago but why on Earth would you choose this?

herald.JPG

Because the whole point of that feature is to look back at how society and Falkirk has changed over the decades. Sanitising history would defeat the purpose.

An *interesting* choice of a 1992 flashback from the Falkirk Herald today [emoji33]
herald.thumb.JPG.41d0098dc0b5dc2db23ebbe657591bb7.JPG

Great player, hard to believe how long ago that was!
Btw that’s almost topical news by the current standards of the FH.

I know we were all just a little bit excited at the begining of the season with the Hartley movement - it was the unknown but there was always that bit in the back of our heads that said 'who are these players and I hope this works...' 

Atleast Rays signings have some resemblance to a pedigree a Falkirk fan can relate to... Keillor-Dunn is an outstanding January signing for where we are just now as do the others look a marked improvement on what we had/have... 

Just imagine if Ray had been here in the summer and had the free reign of Hartley.... I for one do not think we would be anywhere near bottom of this league! 

#RAYvolution

Edited by Cheeringmango
Spelling

Yeah , it's a bit like Celtic loaning out someone like Ryan Christie to a main competitior for a seas.... oh wait a minute.
There'll be a clause that he's not allowed to play against them but if he helps us beat their competitors then it also helps them.
Correct other than there's no need for a clause - you just aren't allowed to play against your parent club, unless it's an international transfer and you play them in Europe.

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

herald.JPG

What is "interesting" about it?

Given the shameful history of Dunfermline Athletic fans in relation to this particular player, it really is not a road you should seek to go down.