The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

thought it was a pretty decent debut, always looked willing to take a player on or take a shot - one of which lead to the winning goal, tired towards the end and went off with cramp. Was he playing for yous under Mckinnon?

Yeah he started every game under Ray.

Scored against Stenny in the cup and Queens in the first league game.

I do find it a bit odd that JJ never seem to rate him so i personally don't blame him for moving on. ( bound to get abuse of some fans on his return though)

Hopefully Kiltie can do the business if/when we get that over the line!

DKD is a match-winner.   He does the whipped shot into the top bin as good as any and he can thread a through ball with the best of them.  When his confidence is high he is a real prospect.

The other 90% of his game needs - a lot of - improvement, which can only come by experience.

Last season at Dundee showed what he can do, the assists later on are as good as the goal:

https://youtu.be/XXKGwIQD-es?t=30

Spoiler

You can see me leap up and skip along the stand when that goal goes in :lol:

Edited by bunglebonce

17 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/01/10/bairns-sign-davis-keillor-dunn/

Sound the klaxon, seemed highly rated last season

Please play him.  With a bit of confidence and extended game time, he'll be a cracking player for Falkirk.  

Right, that's the number 10 sorted. We need Rudden back and one more striker. 

Got to feel a wee bit sorry for Petra, sitting at home rehabbing what his chance of game time slowly evaporates. 

I’d say he’ll still get game time. One of the only of Hartleys who brings something to the team. Extremely limited but his pace and athleticism gives us a different option.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Got to feel a wee bit sorry for Petra, sitting at home rehabbing what his chance of game time slowly evaporates. 

Always thought Ray went out of his way to exclude him when moaning about the old mob, would be surprised if he doesn’t still play. Don’t see which of the new guys play his position anyway, him and MacLean should be the wingers going forward.

20 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

DKD is a match-winner.   He does the whipped shot into the top bin as good as any and he can thread a through ball with the best of them.  When his confidence is high he is a real prospect.

The other 90% of his game needs - a lot of - improvement, which can only come by experience.

Last season at Dundee showed what he can do, the assists later on are as good as the goal:

https://youtu.be/XXKGwIQD-es?t=30

Reveal hidden contents

You can see me leap up and skip along the stand when that goal goes in :lol:

Hartley would’ve went for County’s number 14 based on the first part of the highlights!

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Good signing on paper. If we can get Rudden back and another striker in it's been an excellent windows for us. If I was being greedy I'd want a GK and a RB as well 

Tend to agree, although I reserve the right to revise that optimism at 5pm on Saturday!

Petra was beginning to show what he could do just before he got injured, two assists vs Stenny, goal and an assist vs Alloa. Put chances on a plate for Rudden vs Ayr and Paton vs Ross County IIRC. Made the opposition sit deeper as they became wary of his blistering pace. I'm sure once he's fit he'll have a part to play. I'd certainly class him as a striker rather than a winger

11 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I’d say he’ll still get game time. One of the only of Hartleys who brings something to the team. Extremely limited but his pace and athleticism gives us a different option.

Think he'll thrive in this new team.  Maybe not first pick but he'll play