The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, bud1876 said:

Not too sure how it works out.... wether it's a good deal for him or not.
I take it the IHT is inheritance tax.
I had originally thought when they started building the South Stand that it was a gift from him to the club.(that's how I read it in the press and the interviews with him ).... which I thought was a great gesture and something a real fan would do.
I was a bit surprised when I first learnt that the club was being charged a rental fee.
As I said though I dont know the full story and how this stuff works.

There should be a statue of SA outside the South Stand for this. Tremendous contribution not least given there is no realistic expectation of ever getting his money back.

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Is Ray Mackinnon available, we heard the best time to approach him was at the end of the transfer window, armed with 30 pieces o’ silver. A Morton fan told me.

Won't work for him this time unfortunately. Falkirk have him confined to the stadium with locks on the windows and draught excluders on the bottom of the doors so no slithering off  for Ray this month.

Just bite the bullet and get Paul Hartley appointed. Fitba's meant to be entertaining - well, for the rest of us.

How did MacLean look for you boys on Sat?

Think most Morton fans thought there was a player in there but we never really played a system which suited him.

Got the impression JJ never really rated him either whereas McKinnon clearly does.

1 minute ago, madton said:

Think most Morton fans thought there was a player in there but we never really played a system which suited him.

Got the impression JJ never really rated him either whereas McKinnon clearly does.

thought it was a pretty decent debut, always looked willing to take a player on or take a shot - one of which lead to the winning goal, tired towards the end and went off with cramp. Was he playing for yous under Mckinnon?

2 minutes ago, madton said:

A lot better than most we have seen this season, supported Rudden well I thought. Was a good strike which led to our goal after Doohan couldn't handle it. Could do with a left foot but..

2 minutes ago, madton said:

I thought he was good, put in a lot of effort down the left hand side. Was definitely impressed with his work rate and determination but can't remember too much he did with the ball, aside from hitting the shot which the keeper fumbled for Rudden to tap in.

I'm not a huge fan of always having a player on his wrong side cutting in but it seemed to work last week.

13 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:
32 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:
So you're saying we need 300 IOUs

At a penny in the pound you really should be looking for 3000 IOUs, but you Kirkers were never much good at simple arith.

Mind we've got one two less fingers to use mate.

44 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:
1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:
So you're saying we need 300 IOUs

At a penny in the pound you really should be looking for 3000 IOUs, but you Kirkers were never much good at simple arith.

Penny in the £? You paid 0p in the £, but you Fifers were never much good at remembering stuff accurately.