The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

Must have took a few meetings and a genius to work out including the name of the area of the attractions.
Was any of the Goldies involved in this?

no idea, probably paid thousands for a company to come up with the name.

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

So if we were to tell the council to ram the SS due to the rent we pay, what would they be likely to do with it? 

I mean, it's a football stadium first and foremost. Should be one of the things we aim to do when we get the board to f**k, is sit down and get this crap sorted out. Council has made enough money out it's wee cash cow. 

The south stand rent isn’t to the council.

Edited by gav-ffc

Forward looking players has to be McKinnon’s priority now.
I know Falkirk's standards are extremely low with regards to who they sign this window, but I feel that players having eyes in the correct place should be a bare minimum requirement.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

So if we were to tell the council to ram the SS due to the rent we pay, what would they be likely to do with it? 

The south stand is nothing to do with the council. The rent is paid to Sandy Alexander, who funded it.

I mean, it's a football stadium first and foremost. Should be one of the things we aim to do when we get the board to f**k, is sit down and get this crap sorted out. Council has made enough money out it's wee cash cow. 
Pretty sure we pay S.Alexander rent for the south stand... could be wrong though.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/mckinnon-hoping-for-another-new-signing-before-thistle-trip-1-4854194

Seems like we are hopeful of getting 1 more new signing and Rudden back before Saturday.

I assume Osman's international clearance will be through as well so there could potentially be 7 or 8 new players on the park for Saturday.

10 minutes ago, G-FFC said:

How can we have the papa johns south stand and not sell the pizzas from the pie stalls. Missing a trick 

They have to adapt the technique they've developed for the pies to pizzas first - ie making them tooth-breakingly rock solid on the outside, molten lava hot at the edges and stone cold in the middle. The faintly musty aroma actually belongs to the servers though, not the Bovril as has been rumoured. 

38 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

They have to adapt the technique they've developed for the pies to pizzas first - ie making them tooth-breakingly rock solid on the outside, molten lava hot at the edges and stone cold in the middle. The faintly musty aroma actually belongs to the servers though, not the Bovril as has been rumoured. 

I got the shits just reading that! 

3 hours ago, bud1876 said:
3 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Pretty sure we pay S.Alexander rent for the south stand... could be wrong though.

We do and at a rate of 5%. Not a bad return on capital  and 40% out of his estate for IHT. I don't know where you can get such a deal on the open market. Having said that without him there would be no South stand. 

We do and at a rate of 5%. Not a bad return on capital  and 40% out of his estate for IHT. I don't know where you can get such a deal on the open market. Having said that without him there would be no South stand. 
Not too sure how it works out.... wether it's a good deal for him or not.
I take it the IHT is inheritance tax.
I had originally thought when they started building the South Stand that it was a gift from him to the club.(that's how I read it in the press and the interviews with him ).... which I thought was a great gesture and something a real fan would do.
I was a bit surprised when I first learnt that the club was being charged a rental fee.
As I said though I dont know the full story and how this stuff works.