The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I suppose the bigger question is how shallow and unsatisfying does your life have to be for him to put so much time and effort into playing silly buggers on an internet football forum.

A bit sad really.

Jesus Christ this  X 1000.   I go on here mostly during less busy periods at work and sometimes on a Saturday evening after a game.  it combines 2 of my favourite things, football and talking pish.  What in fucks name makes someone do that?  I know a guy who admits to trolling internet forums, He has a wife kids job and hobbies and seems otherwise normal so feck knows. he also gets into long winded arguments on Facebook comments .  hard to comprehend

Anyway , does the larger "patron" investments come with any perks ? ie if I was going to lump 5 or 10 k into a provincial football club with no security on it then I'd be hoping for at least a season ticket,stadium parking permit, discounts on hospitality, function booking and pitch hire to be included in that.   I love my team & I want to see us have a successful entertaining team on the park but I've said plenty times on here before ; Falkirk football club are a business and not a charity ,  asking customers to dig a bit deeper  because there's not enough cash isn't the answer. what they're doing here sounds good although I don't know too much more about it.  how much of a say in things are fans going to have? Is fans having the power a good thing? or is it a token effort to appear more engaged?   

On a big scale, Hearts managed to pull in 10,000 donators when they were deep in the administration mire (messes like that can be good for bringing in lots of good will). I recall Bryan Jackson being staggered that before season tickets had even gone on sale, in three and a half months, he had £400k in the bank for the playing budget.

Scale that right down for ourselves, and it could make a huge difference to us, no doubt about it.

Guest Ecosse83
27 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Any thoughts on Tom Dallison signing for Crawley in League Two?

Rather surprised he has got a move to a League 2 team to be honest. 

Seemed a nice enough guy though and liked his tweet yesterday when it was announced he was leaving  so hope it works out for him. 

On 21/12/2018 at 13:15, EdiBairn said:

Of course we have many able supporters who'd be able to contribute to any fan ownership scheme. However, like any club we also have our fair share of zoomer a who should be allowed absolutely nowhere near the running of a multi million pound business. Fortunately they won't be as this scheme will go nowhere. Absolutely no chance of more than 100 or so supporters paying £10 a month.

12 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Over 250 pledged already less than 24 hours in. 

I'm pretty sure there was someone on here said we'd be lucky to get 100 in total. Wonder who that could have been. 

It's a very impressive effort so far. Having said that, no money has actually been committed yet.

Edited by EdiBairn

5 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

It's a very impressive effort so far. Having said that, no money has actually been committed yet.

I'd imagine they will work on a 60% basis.. something like that.. of expected income v promised. 

People change their mind.. get carried away.. haven't told the wife yet... 

But if you have 250 pledged at say £180/ annum average.. you'll still be good for 150 X £120/annum conservatively when push comes to shove . That will hopefully be enough. 

Some of our fans are overseas too. Bet they'll be well up for this in lieu of a season.

38 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Any thoughts on Tom Dallison signing for Crawley in League Two?

Frankly amazed. However, if League 2 is essentially non contact, and centre backs never come under time or physical pressure in that league then he might be fine. Being kind, I would say he was wholly unsuitable and unprepared for the game up here. He was bullied out of things far too easily, and I don’t think he bossed any opposing forward regardless of their ability. If they were up for a physical battle, Dallison would always lose out.

Looks like Olivier Giroud, but unfortunately (up here at least) played football like Jennifer Giroud.

Could go down somewhat controversially but I don't fault these players at all for their time up here. I don't think for a second that any of those players came up here and didn't give 100% every time they stepped onto the pitch. The only problem was that they were all blatantly out of their depth and that one goes down to Hartley and the scout.

I'm not sure what they were told when they were coming up to sign or what level of football they thought they were going into but it clearly was not what they were expecting.  I don't hold anything against the players that have left or the players that are still to leave and wish them all the best in their careers but the one opinion that I have formed this season is that I fucking hate Paul Hartley.

Actually forgot about Haber, f**k Haber. Lazy b*****d.

Edited by Steven Mill Out
Forgetting about Marcus fuckin Haber.

On 21/12/2018 at 13:15, EdiBairn said:

Of course we have many able supporters who'd be able to contribute to any fan ownership scheme. However, like any club we also have our fair share of zoomer a who should be allowed absolutely nowhere near the running of a multi million pound business. Fortunately they won't be as this scheme will go nowhere. Absolutely no chance of more than 100 or so supporters paying £10 a month.

Cy129CiXcAEiqw_.jpg.12b4c42a247d015592481971ae99d6c8.jpg

CraftyRaggedGenet-size_restricted.gif.08eac68c4bcef2f3f81666d97fd74d59.gif

35 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Could go down somewhat controversially but I don't fault these players at all for their time up here. I don't think for a second that any of those players came up here and didn't give 100% every time they stepped onto the pitch. The only problem was that they were all blatantly out of their depth and that one goes down to Hartley and the scout.

I'm not sure what they were told when they were coming up to sign or what level of football they thought they were going into but it clearly was not what they were expecting.  I don't hold anything against the players that have left or the players that are still to leave and wish them all the best in their careers but the one opinion that I have formed this season is that I fucking hate Paul Hartley.

That’s a pretty fair opinion tbh. None of them tried to con anyone. Mitch on the other hand......