The Falkirk FC Thread

And if they don't then I've just simply to go along with it.  That in my mind is having my shares stuck in a block vote without my permission. As I said to me each current shareholder should be given the fair choice of whether they want there votes to join the block vote or not . They should not be getting forced into joining a block vote they perhaps dont want to be part of.

As I said get a hold of Kenny. Let us know what he says. The block vote is for a sound reason in terms of protection.

I suspect this is a fait accompli. You can raise it at an EGM but would be done whether you like it or not if the bigger boys in the playground vote for it.
I like this new scheme in principle but I feel for the non MSG  existing shareholders. They are being asked to take a real hit here and their sacrifice should be recognised.

All the current shareholders are taking a hit TBF even the MSG

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

As I said get a hold of Kenny. Let us know what he says. The block vote is for a sound reason in terms of protection.

What is the reason for the block vote out of interest? Not having a go at the scheme, genuine question.

28 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

What is the reason for the block vote out of interest? Not having a go at the scheme, genuine question.

It's because of the Special Resolution 75% plus.

If this block has 25% shares it has to approve of all special resolution matters for them to be passed.

That's why this figure is critical. If it was one vote one fan, much easier to have the larger shareholders push something through. 

You'd hope the Patron community wouldn't allow that to happen anyway, but it's a belt and braces thing.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:
Please just someone block this cretin Edibairn. I get the feeling there is more to him than just an average fan posting on a forum.
I'd love to know who he really is.

There are folk on here who know who he is so I would hope if malicious intent is suspected they will either out him or ban him.

I have been with you for quite a while in that I do not think he is actually a Falkirk supporter at all. Sure, he reads up on stuff, and keep himself current on what is happening and being said, but there is consistently a sense that he is disingenuous. Ally that to his aliases, and that he has tripped himself up a few times switching between them, and I would say his loss of credibility is now unrecoverable.

He has of course, started to beat a less combative and delusional path hoping to recover lost ground, but it’s gone now, and needs to remain gone. His obsessive nature will see him try to resurface with a new alias or three. 

Edited by Duncan Freemason

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I have been with you for quite a while in that I do not think he is actually a Falkirk supporter at all. Sure, he reads up on stuff, and keep himself current on what is happening and being said, but there is consistently a sense that he is disingenuous. Ally that to his aliases, and that he has tripped himself up a few times switching between them, and I would say his loss of credibility is now unrecoverable.

He has of course, started to beat a less combative and delusional path hoping to recover lost ground, but it’s gone now, and needs to remain gone. His obsessive nature will see him try to resurface with a new alias or three. 

I suppose the bigger question is how shallow and unsatisfying does your life have to be for him to put so much time and effort into playing silly buggers on an internet football forum.

A bit sad really.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

I suppose the bigger question is how shallow and unsatisfying does your life have to be for him to put so much time and effort into playing silly buggers on an internet football forum.
A bit sad really.
There are plenty in that bracket tbh.

3 hours ago, EdiBrain said:

This makes no sense , Falkirk fans are universally stupid & should have no place in the running of the club. Bonkers !

And I’ve stated over & over again Margaret is an UNPAID volunteer (and she knows business) , these two are just volunteers - just how much are they expecting to cream out the club? Blazers Bonkers !

Margaret is an enthusiastic amateur with a poor record in her role as chair. Imo She is no match for Kenny or David. AND if you were at the meeting you would realise Nobody is looking to cream out the club, wash your mouth with carbolic soap please for uttering such pish and get behind the bairns

Much as the EdiBrain account is quite funny, people responding to it thinking its EdiBairn is unhelpful and is perpetuating that c***s time on here.

He is rumbled already and will be gone soon, but effective hounding maybe needs pess confusion.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Much as the EdiBrain account is quite funny, people responding to it thinking its EdiBairn is unhelpful and is perpetuating that c***s time on here.

He is rumbled already and will be gone soon, but effective hounding maybe needs pess confusion.

Agreed. Another posters alias. Now gone

Is there any info about what the £800k is going to be used for?

Will it just be used to plug a whole or is there some plans for investment in the club?

To support the first team budget. Eg. Could be an extra 200k each year for 4 years on top of the allocated budget.

18 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

To support the first team budget. Eg. Could be an extra 200k each year for 4 years on top of the allocated budget.

If this comes off I'd hope we'd have an ongoing commitment beyond the 800k. Presume that's how the St Mirren model works.. could make all the difference to our playing budget year on year. I'd love to see that.

Imagine 1,500 Bairns paying £120 a year. Maybe a pipe dream, and I know boys spend fortunes following us home and away but an extra 2 very good players a year paid for this way would be magnificent.

If this comes off I'd hope we'd have an ongoing commitment beyond the 800k. Presume that's how the St Mirren model works.. could make all the difference to our playing budget year on year. I'd love to see that.
Imagine 1,500 Bairns paying £120 a year. Maybe a pipe dream, and I know boys spend fortunes following us home and away but an extra 2 very good players a year paid for this way would be magnificent.
They said last night that they would look at that and see if folk would be happy to keep donating beyond the initial pledge period.