The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
15 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

If you had bothered your arse to go to the meeting, you would have heard a very good and detailed presentation, on a real opportunity for change in the way the club is structured and run. 

The mood of the meeting was one of cautious optimism and enthusiasm of the proposals. 150 or so people interested in doing something positive.

Yes there could be a "Supporters Group" of shareholders " B" holders or however it ends up being called,  that contribute to a block vote on their behalves at AGM's and the likes, which has to be 100 times better than Joe Blogs attending with his 100 shares and pissing in the wind. The "Supporters Group" would at least had some clout potentially holding 25% of the shares. Although it was not discussed, and would probably come out in the detail should things proceed, nobody said "B" shareholders couldn't attend an AGM, although and votes would be made by their representative. 

Also if the proposals were to attract 30/40 Patrons, you are disrespectful to call these people " Blazer Chasers" they are fans like many who have stood on the terraces, travelled in supporters buses over the years, who have done well / been fortunate in life and feel they wish to financially contribute / buy shares in something most of us have a great liking for. 

It was clearly stressed nobody should overstretch themselves financially in this venture, and only pledge what they felt comfortable with or could afford.

The board were in fact praised and acknowledged for their willingness to dilute their shareholding within the club

For you Edi, either put up or shut up.

Excellent post. As Harry said well said!

One bit of feedback I'd give is that there's potentially room for a second class of Patron in between the large Patrons and the monthly subscribers. Especially if there's not enough of us willing or able to plunge 10K plus in.. (if there are then job's a good un. Don't need my Tier 2).

We could find that there's say 50-100 of us willing to invest 1K-3K. That's a more realistic sum for the fairly well off but not uber wealthy, and would bring in a tidy sum. 

So essentially have a Patron 1 percentage, a Patron 2 percentage and a Monthly Subscriber percentage, with corresponding rights. A bit like Patreon. 

That might be interesting for them to have pledged separately. 

Guest Ecosse83

When I glance at all the Patron talk on here I get excited thinking Paton has been dumped :lol:

Probably a wee bit harsh as he has been a bit better lately.

9 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

One bit of feedback I'd give is that there's potentially room for a second class of Patron in between the large Patrons and the monthly subscribers. Especially if there's not enough of us willing or able to plunge 10K plus in.. (if there are then job's a good un. Don't need my Tier 2).

We could find that there's say 50-100 of us willing to invest 1K-3K. That's a more realistic sum for the fairly well off but not uber wealthy, and would bring in a tidy sum. 

So essentially have a Patron 1 percentage, a Patron 2 percentage and a Monthly Subscriber percentage, with corresponding rights. A bit like Patreon. 

I agree that is a good suggestion. I think there could be an interest in that amount of " Lump Sum " investment. 

I was swithering between the monthly and the patron.. 
Does anyone know if that Patron level 5K is a one off opportunity or whether you could at a later date become one?

There are 560k worth of shares set aside for the Patrons. I understand that you won’t need to put money in until April. If there are shares left then I would assume you can get more.

They are setting up a Patron Donation portal too today I believe

I had that conversation with Kenny this morning. He would view that as a DD upfront contributing to the B shares and that block. So it can be accommodated

Okay. So I have shares in the club.  I currently have less than 20k.  My shares are currently the same as everyone elses as I bought them the same way as anyone else.  Am I right in saying that my shares are now going to be different from anyone that has bought over 20k even though I bought them in exactly the same way basically as they did?

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Okay. So I have shares in the club.  I currently have less than 20k.  My shares are currently the same as everyone elses as I bought them the same way as anyone else.  Am I right in saying that my shares are now going to be different from anyone that has bought over 20k even though I bought them in exactly the same way basically as they did?

Yes,  you'll no longer have the right to personally exercise your rights as a shareholder. Instead you'll elect someone to do it on your behalf.

This makes no sense , Falkirk fans are universally stupid & should have no place in the running of the club. Bonkers !

And I’ve stated over & over again Margaret is an UNPAID volunteer (and she knows business) , these two are just volunteers - just how much are they expecting to cream out the club? Blazers Bonkers !

Kenny Jamieson has worked in Director roles at the likes of Tennants and Guinness. In fact he did the cup draw in every round in 97 as he was head of marketing at Tennants at the time. He was until last year the Commercial Director of the SFA.

David White worked for the Bank and also has done stints as a paid employee for the club as well as volunteering.

Margaret Lang is the Chairman of the football. No one asked her to do the role. She has by and large made a roaring c**t of it so far.

No idea whether Kenny or David want seats on the New Board or not as I have not asked them. However given the choice I know who I would rather have on there.

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Yes,  you'll no longer have the right to personally exercise your rights as a shareholder. Instead you'll elect someone to do it on your behalf.

wouldn't he/you just automatically become a patron? therefore be able to vote like any other patron. Patrons will still vote individually, it's the £10pm fans that would vote as a block

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I don't have a clue how all this works but I'll wait patiently for someone who does to tell you your talking utter bollocks again :lol:

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

wouldn't he/you just automatically become a patron? therefore be able to vote like any other patron. Patrons will still vote individually, it's the £10pm fans that would vote as a block

No, because he has less than 20k shares.

This will derail this scheme IMO. All the block voting will do is empower a few people and create conflict. Why they don't just allow fans to exercise voting rights individually while still having a fans representation system is beyond me.

See this is where I get a pissed off to be honest. Has anyone written to the current shareholders who have less than 20k shares to let them know there current shares are going to suddenly become b shares which aren't worth the same as someone else just because they happen to have more. Even though they have paid exactly the same probably per share as you have??

Edited by Shodwall cat

Again EDI is wrong

1. It has not been decided yet what route this takes.

2. If they go for a straight share option the % you currently own of the business will about half and your share stay in your name but you will be part of the block vote.

3. If they go for the CIC option you will still see your shares reduce in value however you will have the option to sit outside that block vote and keep your individual vote.

All the above will be decided by the current shareholders at an EGM held in April.

So basically at this stage the route of travel has not been decided until the guys see what happens with pledges.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Again EDI is wrong

1. It has not been decided yet what route this takes.

2. If they go for a straight share option the % you currently own of the business will about half and your share stay in your name but you will be part of the block vote.

3. If they go for the CIC option you will still see your shares reduce in value however you will have the option to sit outside that block vote and keep your individual vote.

All the above will be decided by the current shareholders at an EGM held in April.

So basically at this stage the route of travel has not been decided until the guys see what happens with pledges.

So I might become part of a block vote whether I want to or not is what you are saying?

See this is where I get a pissed off to be honest. Has anyone written to the current shareholders who have less than 20k shares to let them know there current shares are going to suddenly become b shares which aren't worth the same as someone else just because they happen to have more. Even though they have paid exactly the same probably per share as you have??

Email coming out today to explain everything.

Whatever people do there has to be compromise to get a deal done. If you don’t like it the EGM will be the place to vote for it or not.

My advice is to Give the guys a bit a breathing space on the detail as they are only going to do this is there is an appetite to do this from fans.

You pledge at the moment commits you to nothing.

In 12 hours however over 200 have pledged

Guest Ecosse83

Please just someone block this cretin Edibairn. I get the feeling there is more to him than just an average fan posting on a forum.

I'd love to know who he really is.