The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Just saying but Andriy Mutombo of Partick Thistle and previously of ICT has played a grand total of 1612 minutes scoring 0 goals.

While oor Kev has played 928 minutes for us scoring 0 goals.

Thanks for playing Edi x

He's actually played 2730 minutes for all clubs...

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

He's not a striker. Next. (He has a 1 in 10 record anyway).

Your argument is flawed. Saying he has only scored 1 in 26 games. Is that 26 full games of 90 minutes? Seeing as he rarely starts a game and features mostly from the bench, I would suggest that the total number of minutes is a lot less.

when you have a figure for the average minutes on the field per goal and then compare that will other forwards maybe we will agree that his strike rate is rubbish.

See that Jamie Vardy. 2014/15 season. Only scored 6 goals in 34 appearances. He will never make it as a player with statistics like that.

The thing about quoting narrow statistics is that the do not show how much a player contributes to the team. I recall that, back in Houston's day, o'hara was frequently brought on and players out wide, using his pace. 

27 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Patience we don't need them till Saturday. Mind Gerrard is in playa de las americas with the lads just now. If Rudden ain't there, and Hardie is, then it's likely he will be back with us before the weekend

According to EdiBairn’s budgie Rudden is offski to Motherwell as quid pro quo.

On 04/01/2019 at 20:19, Mediocre Hat Stand said:

Odd that when Duncan and Dawson make racist posts the first reaction from Falkirk fans is to boast they don't care and immediately attempt to brush it under the carpet. Really poor stuff. 

f**k off piracy. You’re  nothing but a shitebag and an embarrassment 

13 minutes ago, Trump said:

Has there ever been this much chat on this thread about an ineffectual squad player? On any teams thread?

Ps Wullie Rob fckin loves a juniors shout out in his post. I’d love to say it’s mentioned in every single post of theirs but I couldn’t prove it. Absolute junior daft.

I do Trump I do, seen a fair amount of them in the last fifty years, some cracking players that just didn't get a break, and a hell of a lot that went on to be some of the best I've seen playing. 

Year's ago that was your apprenticeship now a day's its if your big, with a vidal Sassoon mop, and a sleeve Tattoo. 

Half them couldn't spell fitbaw... 

Hasten to add only every tenth post it's mentioned. 

Edited by wullie robb
Extra content

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:48, kiddy said:

We've no money you dickhead. We're too busy paying duds off!

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:51, EdiBairn said:

What have we just signed 5 players with then? Buttons? Yet again you're just spouting negative rubbish without any semblance of reality.

7 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I can't see many more departures coming immediately.  However, if Ray gets his next 5 targets in, some will have to go due to financial constraints I'd imagine.

He's an oxymoron or should that just be moron?

http://clubfk.wixsite.com/backthebairns

Link for anyone who was at the fan ownership meeting tonight and you want to pledge towards it. If you want change and are in the position to do so I urge you to get behind it. Info out tomorrow on it.

Was at the meeting and cannot see much wrong with the scheme. One off chance to dilute the power of the MSG which they are agreeing too.

If fans can afford to back it and don't then they really shouldn't moan about any shit that goes down in the future in terms of the running of the club.

P.s great turn out with most pledging to support the scheme

Right I’ll try do this off the top of my head. Anyone else that was there can fill in or correct me.

The main idea is to increase the number of shareholders so there is a larger major shareholders group and the club can’t be controlled by a select few. Currently 62% of the club is owned by 6 people.
The MSG and have seen the proposals and agreed in principle to dilute their shares. An additional 2.4m shares will be made available to do this. Fans can then fall under the bracket of ‘Patron’ or ‘Supporter’. Patrons will pledge roughly between 5k - 10k and will become a shareholder in their own right. Supporters will pledge monthly from £5 - £30 and will join the supporters scheme. It’s hoped the Patrons will combined own roughly 75% of the club with no individual owning more the 6.25% and the supporters scheme will own roughly 25%.

From now until April pledges are just being used to see if the support is there for this and if discussions should continue with the club then in April there will be a more detailed plan and that’s when you decide if you definitely want to join and sign up for direct debit.

The club is going to email out the proposals but I’d probably say if you are unsure speak to Kenny Jamieson cause he certainly managed to convince the 150 or so people in the room it was a good idea.

Another link to pledge page as I think this really is something we need to back. http://clubfk.wixsite.com/backthebairns

Back The Bairns. A nostalgic and dare I say it, trusted outfit (when those involved in it were part of it), and before a few started looking for something out of it for themselves.

A good name choice.