The Falkirk FC Thread

Say what you want about the BoD's decisions but the club wouldn't be here now without the funds they've put in.

We'll see how this fan ownership scheme goes but personally I can't see the sack the board crowd being very keen to put their money where their banners are.

Edited by EdiBairn

9 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

I didn't say it was a free handout, but when the club was on the point of administration they stepped up to the plate to cover the funding requirement - a fan ownership company couldn't realistically have done that

They put in cash which they got back plus interest to cover the holes in the budget due to their incompetency. See to me there is something no quite right there. If i make a rip roaring cant of things i dont expect to make cash out of it im afraid.

Hi Jeremy 

I am humbled to be compared with Comrade Corbin. Do you want some education on honesty? You appear to doff your cap to our board who have given their money freely ( okay returned with interest) to save the club! Only a fans partial ownership would keep us safe. People who freely give money to a club they love without wanting to join the Tea Party. Barcelona don’t do too bad with their membership scheme or Real Madrid. I know we don’t have that level of support but the new scheme is a step towards it

6 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Say what you want about the BoD's decisions but the club wouldn't be here now without the funds they've put in.

We'll see how this fan ownership scheme goes but personally I can't see the sack the board crowd being very keen to put their money where their banners are.

Fan ownership proposal is bonkers;-

- Gets MSG off the moral hook whilst preserving their effective control

- Serves as a vehicle for a couple of people to get into the boardroom

- Doesn't address the big issues i.e. stadium ownership, completion of the stadium, buying promotion

- Dilutes financial resource and flexibility

I'm sure there will be plenty of folk, with the best of intentions, prepared to make a donation, albeit for no defined purpose, for that's what it is, but I certainly wouldn't be punting £10-100k into this model. The company could simply make an open offer at a substantial discount to apparent net asset value / share.

3 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head as to what the true purpose of this scheme as and why certain high profile individuals are so enthusiastically backing it.

Fan ownership proposal is bonkers;-

- Gets MSG off the moral hook whilst preserving their effective control

- Doesn't address the big issues i.e. stadium ownership, completion of the stadium, buying promotion

- Dilutes financial resource and flexibility

I'm sure there will be plenty of folk, with the best of intentions, prepared to make a donation, albeit for no defined purpose, for that's what it is, but I certainly wouldn't be punting £10-100k into this model. The company could simply make an open offer at a substantial discount to apparent net asset value / share.

Gets MSG the hook? Okay we always need someone to throw rotten tomatoes at in bad times!

New people in boardroom? If these people have the knowledge and skills to help why not

Doesn’t address big issues? These issues would only be solved by having a wider management base where fans have a say

Extra money dilutes financial resources? Don’t know.

I would and will join the scheme if the situation re “ patrons power “ is explained

4 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Not ITK at all and only going on a rumour I’ve heard. Denny Johnstone been mentioned a few times.

Was signed by Raymondo for Morton and isn’t featuring.

If by 'signed by Raymondo' you mean, one of Morton's ex-players who was phoning begging the Chief Executive to re-sign them, then yes, he was 'signed by Raymondo'. See also McAlister, Jim and Millar, Chris.

Absolutely gimme signings from McKinnon which he would likely have had nothing to do with bar nodding and rubbing his hands.

Anyway, he's been injured all season. Made 2 cameos and got injured again. 

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Well in that case, fuckin' lol and he can stay at Greenock.

Aye, fucked us for a striker. You wonder why McHugh has been our lone striker all season? (incidentally, was quite effective tonight).

You can have Connor Bell though, another gem of a Ray striker signing...

7 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Sorry for going off track but some of these gits just annoy me!
Football only now.
What do we think the team will look like?

New GK

Kidd McGhee McKenna Dixon

Osman McShane Waddington

MacLean Lavery/ New ST New LW