The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No. I simply have a far greater understanding of the origins, history and drivers of the slave industry and Britain’s involvement in it than you do. End of discussion.

You don't though if you don't recognise that racism was firmly a part of it or that capitalism itself is a racist system. Maybe your new boy McKenna can teach you some Marx!

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

No evidence of lewis being abused so lets put that to bed right now. And the board is bringing the club to its knees not the fans.

How can you blame the board ? They are phenomenal with Ffc at heart. Why not help the club out with a small 10k donation

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Totally agree, Mr Freemason.

Students tend to have a very simplistic view of history.

Most of the slave masters were black and indeed, it was a purely economic enterprise.

I always wonder why the snowflakes don’t take on the Romans or Vikings but maybe that’s because they were white.

The fact they colonised us never seems to be mentioned!

Jesus Christ, what decade have you crawled out of? 

Just now, Bairnschild said:

How can you blame the board ? They are phenomenal with Ffc at heart. Why not help the club out with a small 10k donation

Board member alert.You really are taking the piss now. These clowns have nearly destroyed our club and if they arent investimg then why should I. Theyve made a right mess of spending our hard earned cash already.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

So the police are wrong then, and everyone they interviewed lied to them?

Are they ?

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Stop talking to yourself ya w****r.

Abuse, but not of the racist variety.

Mind you, you do have something missing!

6 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I haven't said anyone is 'signing'. I've given names we're looking at. I have been right so far with all the players going and the positions we're bringing in.

Once again, you stated O'Hara would be gone straight away. You said he would be playing amateur football in January. Subsequently he has been recalled and is included for the first team squad tomorrow. So I'd say you were well off the mark there

15 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Because this concept of fan ownership is fatally flawed. Better with a hard core with deep pockets than some sort of community enterprise.

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Once again, you stated O'Hara would be gone straight away. You said he would be playing amateur football in January. Subsequently he has been recalled and is included for the first team squad tomorrow. So I'd say you were well off the mark there

The first team squad :lol:

The guy's scored 3 goals in 77 appearances and will be away as soon as Ray can find someone to take him. 

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Probably where he should be and still might be by thd end of the window if wd get enough players in. Guys shit.

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Whilst capitalism exists so will racism. We will always blame “incomers” for our ills. To fight we need education and social equality. You can stand up and challenge verbal racism but education is needed to change a warped mindset

Hi Jeremy 

24 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

O'Hara should've been sacked at the time. He's absolutely keek so it would have allowed us to get rid of him for nothing.

Genuinely found it quite amazing that Falkirk didn't release him when the tribunal gave him the 8 game ban. 

Just now, HopeStreetPieStall said:

So where have the boards deep pockets been over the last five or six years?

I'll pull up a chair and wait.

Bailing out the club on a regular basis....and yes I know they are culpable in terms of letting George Craig (allegedly) and the Clown get us into that state in the first place

Just now, Ontovictory said:

Bailing out the club on a regular basis....and yes I know they are culpable in terms of letting George Craig (allegedly) and the Clown get us into that state in the first place

These soft loans that got paid back with interest in the main or in shares.  Hardly a free handout.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

These soft loans that got paid back with interest in the main or in shares.  Hardly a free handout.

I didn't say it was a free handout, but when the club was on the point of administration they stepped up to the plate to cover the funding requirement - a fan ownership company couldn't realistically have done that