The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Thats what I mean . Noone knows how he'll end up. Better to wait and see. You'd like to think Stoke would've binned him by now if he was utter mince but then Sammut is still hanging about at Chelsea.

hopefully.  for the record i'm well pleased with most of the business done!  and hope to be proved wrong on this.  Totally willing to give the manager and the player all support.

McShane, Osman, McLean, Dixon are all exactly what i'm looking for.

Hopefully the young Evertonian and Waddington are gems too.

I hope we get another experienced striker in though.  Just think we need a spine of total journeyman to get us out of this alongside the youngsters.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Did he not have a bad inury which fecked his career basically.

Not sure about any injuries. I always thought he had promise having watched him in the youth team against the likes of Alloa and Hawick Royal Albert. We offloaded him to Dumbarton never to be seen again.

1 minute ago, GunnerBairn said:

Please Ray, more signings and/or departures today. Surely we’re not finished repairing the team. More please more!

I'm sure there will be more but could take a wee while longer to get the likes of a decent striker in.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

It'll be a swap deal with Muirhead and Paton going the other way. Same terms if you try to pap us Barton. 

You can release Paton but sounds fair tbh 

20 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

You guys not still needing a left back ? Jamie Robson is still available for loan just saying feel free to put an offer in any day now 

Hard pass. This season has been shameful enough without taking on someone who thinks it's acceptable to drink drive and black up.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Every goalie on the planet these days mind you seems to have a feck up in them. Liverpool signed that boy Allison for 60- odd million and he's already had 3 howlers this season.  Not the same standard as they used to be but now rated as brilliant if they can pass a ball.

Comparing 20yr old Mutch with a Brazilian internationalist is just wow...

Rudden and Salah next ?

Mutch has had a mistake in him every 2nd game with us, if he can cut out the mistakes, we may have a solid keeper.

He needs game time to get that but not in our situation, we would be as well planning for the seaside leagues if he was our no 1, not suggesting he won't come good, the timing isn't right

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

Hard pass. This season has been shameful enough without taking on someone who thinks it's acceptable to drink drive and black up.

His ex manager at your club don’t think he needs releasing but needs a break somewhere new get his nut screwed and shown the club can move on without him, he has some talent when he’s not mucking around or playing superstar in his own head Falkirk or a drop to league one may do him some good tbh 

Just now, MrDust said:

Comparing 20yr old Mutch with a Brazilian internationalist is just wow...

Rudden and Salah next ?

Mutch has had a mistake in him every 2nd game with us, if he can cut out the mistakes, we may have a solid keeper.

He needs game time to get that but not in our situation, we would be as well planning for the seaside leagues if he was our no 1, not suggesting he won't come good, the timing isn't right

It was a simple observation that even the so called best goalies these days seem to get away with making ricks that wouldnt have been seen a few years back. Gone are the days when the likes of Goram would go seasons without making a cant of himself. No we need a keeper but I would think we're fecked until we get one off the books at least.