The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Just what we need, a 4th keeper on the books! That we should never have signed Fasan in the 1st place is neither here nor there. Mutch should've had his chance, alongside others, in this shitehouse side, at some point. Maybe he was another one of these #BillyBigbaws in training though?

I think Mutch has a future but to throw him in just now wouldn't be fair on the lad. Don't think he is quite ready for it.

I'd be happy with Rogers and getting rid of Fasan and Mitchell and using Mutch as back up.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Erm yes, because Ray 'King Snake' McKinnon has never signed utter haddies for the likes of Dundee United and Morton under the exact same circumstances. 

It's almost like if a manager has a player in for training in for a couple of weeks it means they can't be a bad signing. 

I can only hope other managers find out about this revolutionary tactic. 

I'm done for the day, having left the stadium about four. Whether the club will make further announcements remains to be seen.
Posts from BPM suggest they will and he usually tends to be accurate, unless of course he's ranting about his favourite topic. [emoji14]

Today tomorrow - it matters not.

36 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think Rogers and Mutch would be a decent couple of keepers to have for Falkirk.

I can't tell if I'm glad Dunfermline don't have to go all supermarket sweep  every transfer window or jealous of the activity.

Don't be jealous, absolutely ridiculous situation we've found ourselves in the last two years. Would expect the same again come the summer whether we are up or down. 

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sorry Edi. I promised myself that I'd try not to respond to your posts but when I read that I nearly spat out my coffee laughing.

It's been reported elsewhere that we're bringing in a striker from Everton, so I suppose it stands to reason that you'ld guess at the guy we were linked with in the summer. Fraser Hornby never got a contract offer from Falkirk incidentally. That whole story was an internet rumour.

You're as wrong with this guess as you were with the name of a centre half.

The ironic thing is that there are now a number of people who DO know names, as they've been sent to me privately. There's a good reason for that which I'm not going into. If you were even remotely ITK you'ld have that info; everyone else seems to have it bar you. And I'm not winding you up by saying that.

Brilliant, hopefully that shuts him up!

I think Mutch has a future but to throw him in just now wouldn't be fair on the lad. Don't think he is quite ready for it.
I'd be happy with Rogers and getting rid of Fasan and Mitchell and using Mutch as back up.
Your probably right, he wasn't ready when keeping a clean sheet against last season's champions in our last win at home. Go look at it & you'll see him pull off saves that kept us in the game & secured the 3 points in doing so.
You're obviously not interested in securing points, so long as these diddies, constantly turning out, can send fans home in a rage every other week.
'Yeah, we'll just pay off the other two & bring in another on loan'. As if we're awash with cash,.

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

I gave a list 3 weeks ago with the players going, many of whom have already gone with more to follow. I've also been right with the positions coming in.

Genuinely unsure of your sniffing glue or on crack but you have pretty much stated whats been blatantly obvious for weeks for who was leaving and still to go as for the positions needing filled in fact i will have a crack at it new GK, Defender (s), Midfielder (s) and Striker (s) there you go thats the signings predicted then hang on we have signed a couple of midfielders and a Left back easy as f*ck this predict the signings lark

11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sorry Edi. I promised myself that I'd try not to respond to your posts but when I read that I nearly spat out my coffee laughing.

It's been reported elsewhere that we're bringing in a striker from Everton, so I suppose it stands to reason that you'ld guess at the guy we were linked with in the summer. Fraser Hornby never got a contract offer from Falkirk incidentally. That whole story was an internet rumour.

You're as wrong with this guess as you were with the name of a centre half.

The ironic thing is that there are now a number of people who DO know names, as they've been sent to me privately. There's a good reason for that which I'm not going into. If you were even remotely ITK you'ld have that info; everyone else seems to have it bar you. And I'm not winding you up by saying that.

I didn't say those were the names signing. I said they were being looked at.