The Falkirk FC Thread

Talking of "Worst Falkirk teams", no one has mentioned the team that should have been relegated, but not for Airdrie's demise. I went a callander year without seeing us win a game. Mind you, with some of the players that McCall brought in the following season from Airdrie, it turned us into a championship winning team. I could be wrong, but didn't we blood the likes of Lee Miller and Mark Kerr in that poor team?

Miller yes.

Kerr, IIRC, was already an established first team member by that point having broken through in the late 90’s and been a key player for us when we finished 3rd to Livi and Ayr.

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Or people’s recollection......
Dennon Lewis is the worst striker I have ever seen in a Falkirk jersey. Mark McGraw isn’t even near to being that bad...

Maybe so, and hopefully 20 odd years from now when I am trying to reminisce fondly about my now grown girls when they were just tots my mind wont be occupied by the sight of Dennon Lewis inexplicably shiting himself to prod home a cross into an empty net against the Pars on Dec 29 2018. 

28 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The clear our will start being announced this evening or tomorrow morning. Also expect a number of signings to be announced.

Yawn. You really are mind numbingly boring. What are you gettimg out of this foolishness?

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Greetings from the Falkirk Stadium. I just inquired of someone who knows the timings of departures. 

None will be announced this evening, tomorrow morning or indeed tomorrow afternoon. 

Here to help. 8)

And before someone asks, I just popped in to wish the boys a Happy New Year. Same to you Edi and to all Falkirk fans. 

Tomorrow evening confirmed. Cheers m8

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Greetings from the Falkirk Stadium. I just inquired of someone who knows the timings of departures. 

None will be announced this evening, tomorrow morning or indeed tomorrow afternoon. 

Here to help. 8)

And before someone asks, I just popped in to wish the boys a Happy New Year. Same to you Edi and to all Falkirk fans. 

Thats Edi "Telt" again

Burns.jpg

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Thats Edi "Telt" again

Burns.jpg

The January window is a very fluid situation and information can change you know. A particular player may no longer be available so Ray won't be able to get rid of someone yet.

Edited by EdiBairn

16 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Here to help. 8)

No mention of new signings tho. 

Once again, the Falkirk thread is the place to be during the transfer window. Hoping for some belters that we can all get excited about, although I don't expect them all to be solid 9s like last summer.

17 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Here to help. 8)

Finally someone who knows what is going on. Thanks

12 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The January window is a very fluid situation and information can change you know. A particular player may no longer be available so Ray won't be able to get rid of someone yet.

I’m sure it’ll be easier to empty the likes of Russell and Irving when they don’t have a contract.

2 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I’m sure it’ll be easier to empty the likes of Russell and Irving when they don’t have a contract.

Absolutely, but you also have guys like Harrison and Brough for example who Ray may want to get rid of. But he can't if there's no one to replace them yet.

35 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Here to help. 8)

I hope you told them that wasn't on, as a group of fans we haven't had any fun since the season began but I am not refreshing this forum every 30 seconds all the way through until Friday. We need to know now! If for no reason other that to stop all the pishy arguments about  being ITK or folk teasing big signings and mentioning no names.

Get the photos developed quick so the announcements can happen tonight!

Talking of "Worst Falkirk teams", no one has mentioned the team that should have been relegated, but not for Airdrie's demise. I went a callander year without seeing us win a game. Mind you, with some of the players that McCall brought in the following season from Airdrie, it turned us into a championship winning team. I could be wrong, but didn't we blood the likes of Lee Miller and Mark Kerr in that poor team?

Miller yes.

Kerr, IIRC, was already an established first team member by that point having broken through in the late 90’s and been a key player for us when we finished 3rd to Livi and Ayr.

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

Rudden and Irving’s loan deals expires next week which you expect to be seen through to give Ray time to bring players in. I’d be surprised if they’re punted today/tomorrow, especially Rudden.

5c2cc81e33a0d_Screenshot_20181213-120745_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.906ae5b05b519b324645e3e07cf401bc.jpg

Unless our own media team talk pish Rudden has a deal until the end of February

Edited by Gaz FFC

Dennon Lewis is currently jostling with Taylor Morgan for the title of worst Falkirk striker I've seen in my 23 years going to games. Morgan is taller and more physical but Lewis had that one run where he won the penalty against United. Both make the top 5 all time across all positions.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Dennon Lewis is currently jostling with Taylor Morgan for the title of worst Falkirk striker I've seen in my 23 years going to games. Morgan is taller and more physical but Lewis had that one run where he won the penalty against United. Both make the top 5 all time across all positions.

Morgan played in a cup final.

Doesn’t factor in anything but I just can’t fucking believe he played in a cup final.