The Falkirk FC Thread

I still think Sammut would have been a not bad signing, was a young boy up here for experience but hadn't the professional midfielder to help and talk him through the game. You just need to look back on the influence Latapy had with the likes of Stokes etc.

There’s been a lot of shite on this thread but mentioning Sammut and Stokes in the same post by comparison is definitely up there.

We could have N’Golo Kante alongside Sammut but that wouldn’t change how utterly shite he is.

I have sympathy with Sammat too and agree that he would have been better being used as a firstly as a sub into a successful team and then building. Can't believe that some folk on here would think a young Chelsea graduate and captain at that would be so poor and I do not believe for one minute Chelsea thought they were loaning a player to a team that were bottom of the Scottish championship, this move probably set the lad backwards and done more bad than good for the parent club. The lad would have benefited from an old head like Latapy who would have taken through games offering guidance and support.

Never mind, we may see him soon on MOTD in a couple of years time. I hope we keep the lad to the end of the season and use him the was he should have been used. Probably Irving came into the same category but he's away now. Too much to expect from young lads playing men's football.

Happy new year lads

I have sympathy with Sammat too and agree that he would have been better being used as a firstly as a sub into a successful team and then building. Can't believe that some folk on here would think a young Chelsea graduate and captain at that would be so poor and I do not believe for one minute Chelsea thought they were loaning a player to a team that were bottom of the Scottish championship, this move probably set the lad backwards and done more bad than good for the parent club. The lad would have benefited from an old head like Latapy who would have taken through games offering guidance and support.
Never mind, we may see him soon on MOTD in a couple of years time. I hope we keep the lad to the end of the season and use him the was he should have been used. Probably Irving came into the same category but he's away now. Too much to expect from young lads playing men's football.

Happy new year lads

Out of interest what have you seen to suggest he would be decent in a winning team? Poor passer, weak as f**k, can’t match a runner, doesn’t get forward at all. Could go on all day.

I’ll be also happy to have a charity bet that I’ll never see him on MOTD playing for any premier league team.

13 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Out of interest what have you seen to suggest he would be decent in a winning team? Poor passer, weak as f**k, can’t match a runner, doesn’t get forward at all. Could go on all day.

I’ll be also happy to have a charity bet that I’ll never see him on MOTD playing for any premier league team.

Sadly, I agree. I could see him ending up at something like Preston for a season, become marginalised ther, and then on to a Fleetwood or some such, and then get a mention of his past on a FA Cup MOTD in the 3rd round where whoever he is playing for has a plum tie against Arsenal or Spurs. I certainly saw nothing that says there’s Andy Robertson levels of hidden talent just waiting to be unleashed onto the footballing world.

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

Happy new year lads

He may have a future as a presenter, this is true. The next Dan Walker perhaps.

Wouldn't be asked to play in the 5s team though.

Ryan Flynn can f**k off, one of the reasons we are in this division is cause he is shite. Couldn't even score into an open goal in Killie to keep us up. 

Yeah, Ryan Flynn is the one of the reasons we finished bottom of the premier league. Because he missed a chance to score a goal in a premier league match, he shouldn’t be anywhere near us in the league below. My word.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Yeah, Ryan Flynn is the one of the reasons we finished bottom of the premier league. Because he missed a chance to score a goal in a premier league match, he shouldn’t be anywhere near us in the league below. My word.

Come off it, Ryan Flynn would be an absolutely outstanding signing at this level and a real statement of intent from Ray and the board.

Edited by EdiBairn

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

He wasn't good enough all season, that was just the worst example. I don't want to watch a new manager sign players who have failed here before, I don't want him or anyone else from the relegation team rocking up at the stadium, as much as I don't want to see any of last years bunch of useless c***s turning back up.

Just now, EdiBairn said:

Come off it, Ryan Flynn would be an absolutely outstanding signing at this level and a real statement of intent from Ray and the board.

Now i know your just trolling, in fact come to think of it am sure you said the same about Haber and look how that panned out

He wasn't good enough all season, that was just the worst example. I don't want to watch a new manager sign players who have failed here before, I don't want him or anyone else from the relegation team rocking up at the stadium, as much as I don't want to see any of last years bunch of useless c***s turning back up.

I just want to see better players than we currently have turning up. That includes players from last year if necessary...

Sadly, I agree. I could see him ending up at something like Preston for a season, become marginalised ther, and then on to a Fleetwood or some such, and then get a mention of his past on a FA Cup MOTD in the 3rd round where whoever he is playing for has a plum tie against Arsenal or Spurs. I certainly saw nothing that says there’s Andy Robertson levels of hidden talent just waiting to be unleashed onto the footballing world.

He won’t even end up at those teams, he was on trial at Portsmouth before being told they didn’t want him and he came here, he will play the rest of his career in league 2 or below.

Assuming this isn’t a big whooooosh, I was disagreeing with GMBairns post.

Not being good enough for the top flight doesn’t mean you’re not good enough for the league below. I’m not advocating we should definitely sign him, I feel he would be better than any wide option we have currently, but the logic behind your reasoning for not signing him doesn’t make sense.

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

Assuming this isn’t a big whooooosh, I was disagreeing with GMBairns post.

Not being good enough for the top flight doesn’t mean you’re not good enough for the league below. I’m not advocating we should definitely sign him, I feel he would be better than any wide option we have currently, but the logic behind your reasoning for not signing him doesn’t make sense.

Well he only played 13 times for St Mirren last year, scoring once. So he didn't exactly pish the league.

Secondly, and I can't stress this enough -- I fucking hate him, f**k Ryan Flynn. I know that isn't exactly logical but I don't care.

I get why people would be open to it, and as Roman Bairn has said most people would have players from last years squad back if it kept us up but it's not like they are the only players that will be available.