The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

McShane seems to be the type of player who gets mixed reviews from fans of every club he plays for.  I'm sure @Skyline Drifter will say he is one of the best midfielders QoS have had in recent years and would welcome him back here,  others might not be as complimentary,  I'm in the latter camp.  Nothing wrong with his workrate but sometimes lapses into the headless chicken mode. He can strike a decent dead ball from free-kicks and corners but not exactly consistent.  He will obviously have picked up a bit more experience at Ross County and St. Mirren so may have improved on his shortcomings.  Considering the standard of player he will be replacing though,  he will be a definite upgrade if he does move to Falkirk. 

Are we talking Ian McShane ie. the short midfielder ?

Christ.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Are we talking Ian McShane ie. the short midfielder ?

Christ.

Ex-QoS,  Ross County,  McShane is the one I understood was being linked.  He hardly falls into the "short midfielder"  bracket I would say. 

Average height I'd say. We lost Reilly, Holt, McShane and Durnan all at once and McShane was the biggest loss for me. We've not had a midfielder anywhere near him creativity wise since he left. I'd love him back at Palmerston. He'd waltz back into our midfield and he'd be a good addition for Falkirk as well.

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Ex-QoS,  Ross County,  McShane is the one I understood was being linked.  He hardly falls into the "short midfielder"  bracket I would say. 

If it’s the one I’m thinking of he’s 5 ft 8” or 9” ?

He will be a starter for us for sure. I’d be happy with that if we signed him.

8 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Better off with Lovejoy.

Fascinating fact, Ian Mcshane was once the partner of  Sylvia Kristel who starred in  Emmanuelle.  I'm sure posters of a certain age remember that series of high quality films.

He would be great in the side then he would have been used to being humped in those films ...:lol:

10 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Better off with Lovejoy.

Fascinating fact, Ian Mcshane was once the partner of  Sylvia Kristel who starred in  Emmanuelle.  I'm sure posters of a certain age remember that series of high quality films.

Ian McShane - Yesterday's Hero. How very apt.

To be fair, Hartley's probably never met him but would definitely sign him based on his usual strategy of  3mins of YouTube  footage.

I still think Sammut would have been a not bad signing, was a young boy up here for experience but hadn't the professional midfielder to help and talk him through the game. You just need to look back on the influence Latapy had with the likes of Stokes etc.

I still think Sammut would have been a not bad signing, was a young boy up here for experience but hadn't the professional midfielder to help and talk him through the game. You just need to look back on the influence Latapy had with the likes of Stokes etc.

Wish I had your optimism, I think he’s just absolutely shite.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of he’s 5 ft 8” or 9” ?
He will be a starter for us for sure. I’d be happy with that if we signed him.
He's a tidy enough player but had Stephen McGinn pulling the strings next to him when we scooshed the league.

Not sure if he'll be a standout performer in this Falkirk team.

26 minutes ago, Bairnup said:

Stokes wasn't absolute shite m8. Slight difference.