The Falkirk FC Thread

As much as the Morton fans are having a bit of a nightmare, there is surely a little bit of mileage to the idea that if you don't get all your signing targets, you may still have to reply on the guys McKinnon has just said aren't good enough? Hell, even if you do get your 7, 8 or 9 players in you want, with subs, injuries and suspensions you're going to be asking at least some of these guys to contribute to the end of the season. Still think you'll stay up though.

10 hours ago, Donathan said:

One thing to note is that even if McKinnon can’t keep us in the championship, I still expect him to be given a shot at getting us out of the seaside league.

Hartley was contracted up until summer 2020 and McKinnon’s deal also runs to then. Surely no chance our board will pay 3 managers at the same time, 2 of which on championship level wages.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I feel sure ML stated at the AGM that they were able to trigger a release clause in Hartley’s contract which enabled them to fire him at minimum cost.

No doubt you’ll correct me if you heard differently.

As much as the Morton fans are having a bit of a nightmare, there is surely a little bit of mileage to the idea that if you don't get all your signing targets, you may still have to reply on the guys McKinnon has just said aren't good enough? Hell, even if you do get your 7, 8 or 9 players in you want, with subs, injuries and suspensions you're going to be asking at least some of these guys to contribute to the end of the season. Still think you'll stay up though.
The ones that he is referring to will be jettisoned asap having been marked for that from day 1. Guys like Robson, McGhee, Petra etc will be fully aware he is not talking about them. Its naive to think that McKinnon hasnt identified those he is willing to keep and use and informed them of that.

This idea that he has waited till this point and then scatter gunned everyone is silly. Ray has maintained the same narrative all along except for confirming on Saturday what we already knew. That was the last we see of some of them.

Don't worry I'm sure you can still talk about being moist or sexually aroused by the possible targets and how gorgeous they are. 
Thank f**k for that. Was beginning to wonder if you would be along to lay down the terms before the 1st.

Colour me relieved.

(And slightly moist)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thank f**k for that. Was beginning to wonder if you would be along to lay down the terms before the 1st.

Colour me relieved.

(And slightly moist)

Hopefully this term of  recruitment is as entertaining as the summer one, although it was not as entertaining as the dawning  of realisation that The Don had made a major cock-up.

Hopefully this term of  recruitment is as entertaining as the summer one, although it was not as entertaining as the dawning  of realisation that The Don had made a major cock-up.
Cool story bro. Only got half way thru but will defo finish later x x

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I worked out from Margaret Lang's statements your playing budget last year was somewhere over £800,000.

£400k seems an excessive amount to just have lying around for a rainy day if that's your playing budget.

For Alloa I would be very surprised if our playing budget is over £200,000 to put that into perspective.

It was well over £800k

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The ones that he is referring to will be jettisoned asap having been marked for that from day 1. Guys like Robson, McGhee, Petra etc will be fully aware he is not talking about them. Its naive to think that McKinnon hasnt identified those he is willing to keep and use and informed them of that.

Wants to keep Robson so much, the first thing he's done is sign a replacement. His defending for the 4th goal on Saturday was as bad as anything this season and Ray is well aware he's nowhere near the standard required. 

Edited by EdiBairn

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Has Robson genuinely shagged your other half? A completely irrational hatred.

He's not good enough along with the rest of the team. It's as simple as that. I don't know why there's a ridiculous worship of a left back who can't tackle a fish supper. Not a chance he's in the team at the end of January.

Edited by EdiBairn

Wants to keep Robson so much, the first thing he's done is sign a replacement. His defending for the 4th goal on Saturday was as bad as anything this season and Ray is well aware he's nowhere near the standard required. 
Let us ken when Craig replies to you m8

Just now, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Let us ken when Craig replies to you m8

Which 7 players are good enough to play for us considering you only think we need 4 signings?

Ray sees Robson as that much of a weak link he signed a man who’s been playing as a centre back for the last two years? Bit strange to be replacing a wing back with a centre half...

19 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Which 7 players are good enough to play for us considering you only think we need 4 signings?

Presumably (like Marshy below) you are obsessing over the time I askwd the question (discussion forum now remember) what was the bare minimum, assuming that they were of genuine quality. 

I believe I suggested then maybe scraping past with 4 of genuine quality at that time. 

That was probably 2 or more months ago. 

So what exactly is your point, and how does it follow on from my question re Craigs email?

19 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

He's not good enough along with the rest of the team. It's as simple as that. I don't know why there's a ridiculous worship of a left back who can't tackle a fish supper. Not a chance he's in the team at the end of January.

31 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

And if Ray is the "outstanding" manager you claim him to be, he will also not have failed to notice the utterly ludicrous display from your mate Captain Fantastic whose defending at both the second and fourth goals is a sackable offence in itself. I trust Ray will have already backed  up his words in the post-match interview on Saturday by informing "Super Aero" that he's played his last game for the club.