The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Hadn't realised how bad Robson was yesterday. Watching the highlights, he passes the ball straight to the Dunfermline player for their 4th goal. He's nowhere near good enough along with the rest of the team. 

Nobody in that starting 11 is good enough. Totally unfair to single out Robson.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nobody in that starting 11 is good enough. Totally unfair to single out Robson.

That's why I said "along with the rest of the team." Just don't get the utterly bizarre worship of Robson. He's only looked halfway decent as the rest of the squad is so bad. 

20 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Hadn't realised how bad Robson was yesterday. Watching the highlights, he passes the ball straight to the Dunfermline player for their 4th goal. He's nowhere near good enough along with the rest of the team. 

Yeah he was murder yesterday. I think he's shown enough over the last year to be considered a borderline starter and has his uses as a sub. He's a left sided midfielder first and foremost imo, too small to play in a back four but he can deliver crosses and has decent acceleration to go beyond full backs.

Sad to say our chances of staying up largely rely on when Partick sack Gary Caldwell.

They’re in the Owen Coyle conundrum. Clearly it’s not going to work, and clearly he needs to go, but they’ll give him time to sign his own players before he “mutually” agrees to leave and Doolan gets the job.

Think you might be okay, actually.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Mate, please don't take this the wrong way, but I long, absolutely long for a post by yourself that does not reference Willie Cunningham and his great sides.

We know how good they were.

The Willie Cunningham era, is the Gold Standard that every Falkirk player and team should be measured. If we have a problem and oh' boy do we have a problem. Then just look back to that great manager and think. What would he have done !  It's just setting a standard to measure they players and team on the park. I do not take you comment the wrong way, we all have the Clubs interests at heart.

My fear is that we’re on such a downwards spiral that no amount of new bodies will be able to arrest it.

Maybe we might be better to accept the drop and regroup in Div. 1 and try to make a push upwards from there with a settled side looking for incremental improvement.

what I don’t want to see is shedloads of cash being spent on an attempt at a short term fix which doesn’t work.

Probably that’s what Ray and the directors are battling with just now.

A tough call?

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I reckon where this all went wrong is Hartley deciding to have a second clear out at the end of last season.

Had he stuck largely with the squad that he had from January onwards last season, we wouldn’t be anywhere near the mess we are in now.

It wasn't solely his choice to replace so many players. Many of the guys who left had no interest in playing for him because of his dreadful man management skills.

Edited by EdiBairn

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

My fear is that we’re on such a downwards spiral that no amount of new bodies will be able to arrest it.

Maybe we might be better to accept the drop and regroup in Div. 1 and try to make a push upwards from there with a settled side looking for incremental improvement.

what I don’t want to see is shedloads of cash being spent on an attempt at a short term fix which doesn’t work.

Probably that’s what Ray and the directors are battling with just now.

A tough call?

It's not a tough call. We're 1 point behind 9th and 6 behind a part time team in 8th. Certainly not insurmountable and we'd be as well locking the gates if we're not confident of making that up.

Relegation would set the club back at least 10 years as you'd be looking at significant cuts on and off the pitch. You'd then have to replace the virtually the entire team to stabilise again in the championship(assuming we got promoted first season). 

Edited by EdiBairn