The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

He's not leaving the club 

I really hope he does, not only because he's not good enough, but because it will be more proof that you talk shite, hopefully the next telt keeps you away a bit longer

Edited by some_guy

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Dixon is as uninspiring as he is a Houstie-like signing.

However, I think people need to remember where we are. Houston signings took us to some pretty lofty places in comparison.

If Paul Dixon can effectively mark, stay awake for 90 minutes and not get mercilessly rinsed by average wingers then I can see why McKinnon has signed him.

We need some steady eddies without doubt. We need to prepare for a grinding shitfest.

Aye I hope for better in the forward areas signing wise, but we have no real right to complain about the likes of Dixon. We are where we are.

IF we stay up, and I think we will, I wont be happy about this sort of signing for next season.

Stop being sensible. We should be signing top level ,up to speed superstars according to some. Some folk either don't understand the game or have an agenda to moan like f**k.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Jamie MacDonald

Tom Taiwo

Alan Maybury

Alex Cooper

Joe Shaughnessy

Owain Tudur Jones

David Smith

Aaron Muirhead

Mark Kerr 

John Baird

Taylor Morgan

Rory Boulding

Danny Rogers

Bob McHugh

Paul Watson

Ryan Sinnamon

Lee Miller

Alex Tokarczyk

Conor McGrandles (loan)

Nathan Austin

Kevin McCann

Myles Hippolyte

Deniz Mehment

Robbie Thomson

Luca Gasparotto

Fraser Aird

Joe McKee

John Rankin

Harry Girdwood

Liam Henderson

David Mitchell

Alex Harris

The Ghost of Rory Loy

Jordan McGhee

Conrad Balatoni

Think that's all of them. I've bolded the unquestioned dug meat.

That is a fucking abomination of a transfer record. 

Genuinely disgusting. Also wtf is Harry Girdwood? He completely passed me by ..

Edited by Bairn Necessities

26 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

That is a fucking abomination of a transfer record. 

Genuinely disgusting. Also wtf is Harry Girdwood? He completely passed me by ..

Signed from Spartans at the age of about 18. Currently back at Spartans at the age of about 22.

He was a bit of a punt to be fair to auld Houstie but it did not pan out, to say the very least.

2 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Alan Maybury was signed as a coach but actually put in a few good performances. Kevin McCann was signed on a short term deal but his fitness didn't work out.

Both didn't involve houstie driving further than Edinburgh, that was about his limit. Having said that the shite we bought from England  makes me wonder was it really Hartley, or the scouts fault (they both did okay in the Jan 17window) What if the budget or wage we were offering  was a punt by the board. Maybe given what we're offering as a wage could only get us the type of crap that we signed. Would explain a lot! 

3 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

You're not bothered if we lose our only player who can score goals and who has a record of 1 in 2 with absolutely no service? Bonkers.

What do you mean 'no service'? 

All of his goals, other than 1 v ICT and the belter against Dunfermline came from crosses IIRC.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Id have robbie thomson under dugmeat too. What a pile of utter dross . More than half his signings were complete tosh and the majority of the rest were mediocre and a million miles shitter than the quality they replaced. No wonder it all went pete tong.

Probably the starting 5 month when he looked like a keeper keeping Danny Rogers out, Rogers for me never showed any form like Thomson did in that 4-5 month period and is proving how good he is currently for St Mirren. Id have Rogers in the dug meat category.

A Paul Dixon signing in Houston's last season may have escaped him the sack, persevering with Gallacher who was way out of his depth was a major factor in his downfall in the final season

On 26/12/2018 at 12:18, EdiBairn said:

Not a chance and Ray knows it. He's well aware of the quality Kidd brings to the team both in an attacking and defensive sense.

Kidd is a very average player who lacks pace athleticism physicality, arial ability and offers no goal threat. All of the abovePetra has, Admittedly I don't know how well he can defend but given the fact that Kidd certainly can't then if we bring in a more natural winger then Petra at wing back might be worth a shout. 

21 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Probably the starting 5 month when he looked like a keeper keeping Danny Rogers out, Rogers for me never showed any form like Thomson did in that 4-5 month period and is proving how good he is currently for St Mirren. Id have Rogers in the dug meat category.

Utter nonsense

Rogers was great for us in his time whilst Thomsons form kept him out the side, last season i would put Thomson on a par with Fasan and if i was Danny Rogers i would have been thinking how the f**k did that keep me out the side.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

A Paul Dixon signing in Houston's last season may have escaped him the sack, persevering with Gallacher who was way out of his depth was a major factor in his downfall in the final season

Wild.

The season we had Rogers for the first time we conceded the least amount of goals in the league and only lost 4 games the whole season.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Signed from Spartans at the age of about 18. Currently back at Spartans at the age of about 22.

He was a bit of a punt to be fair to auld Houstie but it did not pan out, to say the very least.

Confused as to how someone we signed less than 18 months ago can have aged by 4 years in that time :huh: