The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
12 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:
Can't be starting Irving. Lightweight and contributes nothing.

I'd like him as a no10

Not convinced he wants to be here. His body language as he strolled off the park after the Stenny game spoke volumes.

Not convinced he wants to be here. His body language as he strolled off the park after the Stenny game spoke volumes.
I know he makes the odd mistake but I like the fact he at least tries to attack and push us forward. he can beat a man and gets shots away. we have had too many like minded midfielders that are happy to push the ball sideways and backwards so they don't get stick.

The difference with us is that we actually have owners who care about the club. We also now have an outstanding manager in place.

Time will tell how outstanding he actually is ! Talks a good game but he needs a good January window to convince me Playing Haber instead of Dunne on Saturday a poor decision , signing buaben ,and the right back who's never appeared also questionable. - I'm desperately hoping he gets it right but if we go down then the tea party might sacrifice him .

The addition of experienced and well-funded businesspeople to the existing shareholder pool would be positive, and would be welcomed by the BoD. Certainly preferable to a general fan ownership scheme.

We Need less chiefs and more Indians mate More people joining the tea party would be a disaster

7 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Clearly the fans did an incredible job in helping to save the club in 1998. However, being able to fundraise doesn't equate to being able to run a football club(which fans should be kept clear of IMO).

I actually think the patron model by itself could work because you'd have knowledgeable, successful businesspeople making decisions. I'd be looking to put the kibosh on the wider fan ownership idea for a narrower, high minimum investment model. You could even set it at a slightly lower level like £1k.

What you need is a vastly experienced elderly local  accountant on your board  who can produce spreadsheets to monitor a sustainability operating module. At the same time he can pretend he is not responsible for overseeing capital projects like the installation of computerised turnstiles which give him real time information on how the budget is doing and whether we can buy toilet rolls this week.  On top of that you could have a CEO and youth coach on the board to oversee squad assembly in line with the sustainability budget and to interview World Cup players for the vacant manager’s job.  Works like a dream for us. 

11 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

We also now have an outstanding manager in place.

Wow. Stretching it more than a little there.......

He MAY keep you up this season, be interesting to see if he does. There’s really not much in his CV to suggest he will get you promoted from the Champiomship though . “Outstanding” is a ridiculous claim to make for him.

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

What you need is a vastly experienced elderly local  accountant on your board  who can produce spreadsheets to monitor a sustainability operating module. At the same time he can pretend he is not responsible for overseeing capital projects like the installation of computerised turnstiles which give him real time information on how the budget is doing and whether we can buy toilet rolls this week.  On top of that you could have a CEO and youth coach on the board to oversee squad assembly in line with the sustainability budget and to interview World Cup players for the vacant manager’s job.  Works like a dream for us. 

Are you vt in disguise?

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Wow. Stretching it more than a little there.......

He MAY keep you up this season, be interesting to see if he does. There’s really not much in his CV to suggest he will get you promoted from the Champiomship though . “Outstanding” is a ridiculous claim to make for him.

He hasn't put a foot wrong for us so far. I'd be delighted to keep him even if we go down.

Edited by EdiBairn

46 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:
59 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:
Gary Harkins incoming?  

Would be a decent signing for us. Seemed to have the knack of playing well against us.

Depends if you get the "up for it"  version or the "doesn't look like he gives a feck"  version.  Plus he's picked up a couple of injuries this season,  the recovery time may,  or may not,  have been influenced by the fact he looks like he wanted away. If he stays fit and has younger players to do the leg work he might be worth a gamble. 

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Time will tell how outstanding he actually is ! Talks a good game but he needs a good January window to convince me Playing Haber instead of Dunne on Saturday a poor decision , signing buaben ,and the right back who's never appeared also questionable. - I'm desperately hoping he gets it right but if we go down then the tea party might sacrifice him .

Not sure that playing a teenage wing back/winger as a striker would have worked too well?

He played Haber to defend at set pieces which is what Petra does too. However, having seen the 2nd goal again, I think we can now confirm that Haber isn't very good at defending!

Harkins would be a phenomenal signing at this level. I couldn't care less if we'd signed 6 50 year olds to keep us up.

In that vein, I'd be offering Anthony Stokes £5k a week for 5 months to come in and keep us up. The guy could do it single-handedly with Harkins providing support. Add in the crosses coming from Kidd and our new left back and we'd be laughing IMO.

Edited by EdiBairn

Harkins would be a phenomenal signing at this level. I couldn't care less if we'd signed 6 50 year olds to keep us up.
In that vein, I'd be offering Anthony Stokes £5k a week for 5 months to come in and keep us up. The guy could do it single-handedly with Harkins providing support. Add in the crosses coming from Kidd and our new left back and we'd be laughing IMO.

Not saying he wouldn’t do a job for us, but phenomenal signing at this level is pushing it.

Don't want Stokes anywhere near the club given his rep for basically being an arsehole and consistently proving it if it isnt head butting Elvis impersonators , disrupting the dressing room and his IRA sympathising antics he can do one if thats the level we are lowering ourselves to we might as well sign Adam Johnson when he gets released from prison, no thanks.