The Falkirk FC Thread

17 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

However, the SPFL statement says "football management team". There were two other people from Morton who came with him. One of them has been a friend of his for decades. Is it possible that when he told the others he was leaving, he immediately asked them to join him?  Without realising that it could be considered inducement under SPFL rules? 

I don't know. Maybe Falkirk don't either, judging by our statement.

Doubt it. Him and the assistant went at the same time. The other fella, sports science guy, stayed for about a week and Falkirk, it seems, made the approach fully above board and Morton didn't stand in his way when he said he wanted to go over.

Could be that Falkirk doing things properly with the third member of the management team only highlighted what an arse they made of their initial approach to McKinnon.

9 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Smart, get the players in before the SPFL guys come back from their Christmas piss up and hit us with the transfer embargo. 

:lol::lol::lol: #TransferEmbargo :lol::lol::lol: This in a league where financial subterfuge is inherent!

48 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Doubt it. Him and the assistant went at the same time. The other fella, sports science guy, stayed for about a week and Falkirk, it seems, made the approach fully above board and Morton didn't stand in his way when he said he wanted to go over.

Could be that Falkirk doing things properly with the third member of the management team only highlighted what an arse they made of their initial approach to McKinnon.

I just don't understand why when Ayr Utd commended us for doing things properly in our approach for McCall. We would then manage to f**k it with our approach for Ray. 

Desperation?

Also did Ayr give Falkirk permission to speak to McCall and he knocked ye back? According to Rae the original request was knocked back til after the Partick game then McKinnon asked why permission was denied (allegedly informed by a journalist). Some way or another McKinnon knew about Falkirk's interest without it coming through Cappielow.

Seems Lolkirk have done what almost every other club does, and sound out interest before making it official, but, unlike every other club, have been found out. Quite possibly through McKinnon's stupidity.

I think the £10pm scheme will attract a lot of interest. I know a lot of fans didn't commit to the Bairn for Life scheme as they felt it should have been for shares in the club.

According to the Herald there will be a Forum in the next month or so to present the scheme to the fans.

I liked the fan ownership scheme.

In effect the current NAV of the shareholding is around 90p to £1.

This new issue of 2.4m shares discounts this value down to 33p which dilutes and reduces the value of the existing shares.

very pleased that the MSG have agreed to this.

lots of mention on here that the MSG want out. I don’t get that as they are merely reducing their power and reducing the value of their shares!! No indication of them wanting to sell their shares.

Martin Ritchie indicated that he will soon be stepping down from the Board.

As usual the Accounts were lacking in any meaningful information albeit AT produced some interesting information regarding Other Income.

Still cannot see why the Club can’t issue this data with the Accounts.

13 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

That's an assumption. Claiming that it didn't come from Cappielow, so Rae didn't tell anyone else at the club that a request had come through?

Not wanting to be dragged in with the usual "ITK" charlatans I very much doubt it came from Cappielow. Our current relationship with the local rag is really good, our medica/comms manager used to be the journalist there that covered the club, was a popular freelance journo/blogger reporting on the club before that and is a lifelong fan. Just can't see it. The timeline of Falkirk's original call and Ray's greetin' faced demand for explanation why he wasn't allowed to speak to Falkirk being so close together just makes it seem really unlikely it's went via a leak, to a press office, then to Ray in such a short space of time.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this journalist doesn't exist but, even if they did, if Falkirk have released this information to one so that it would get to Ray then it still falls foul of the rules and regulations.

Guess it will all come out in the wash. Unlike Ray's hilarious "the truth will come" fabrications he spouted after consigning Falkirk to another defeat at Cappielow earlier in the year.

14 hours ago, MrDust said:

I find it laughable folk bringing the rules of employment into this, anyone with half a brain knows that football within players and managers have rules that are not even rules anywhere and in Scotland it tends to change in how the wind blows, which can be a worry for us albeit our governing body tends to favour the bigger clubs !!!

Surely they would've backed the Falkirk boards actions in this instance then, m8?

55 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Surely they would've backed the Falkirk boards actions in this instance then, m8?

We wont know till the case has been resolved either in punishment or an appeal unless you can see into the future ?

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

I just don't understand why when Ayr Utd commended us for doing things properly in our approach for McCall. We would then manage to f**k it with our approach for Ray. 

Id guess McCall staying had a factor, Id guess enhancing managers and players away from clubs in a lot of cases the rules are broken. 

The practical way is for both clubs to come to an agreement and compensation to be paid for releasing the manager unless there was a clause in his contract. 

We really have to await and see the final outcome before any real judgement on the situation can be made as there hasn't been anything revealing in any statement other than rules according our governing body have been broken and to what degree will come out in the final outcome.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

So your communications manager used to work for the local paper, who presumably would also have contact with Morton managers, including Ray, yet, it's improbable in your eyes that the "leak" has come from either your own club, or the press?

Yes. He's an employee and fan of the club who wouldn't leak anything that the club didn't want put out and I can't see any fathomable reason why the club would want their preparations for the game v Partick to be disrupted. The good relationship the club has with the local paper at the moment isn't worth the paper spoiling it to phone up Ray and ask his opinion on a bid from Falkirk he was unaware of. This all assumes, of course, that Rae spoke to anyone else about Falkirk's approach, with no evidence of it, and, even if he had, that person managed to contact a journalist who then spoke to McKinnon about it who, in turn, contacted Rae within 45 minutes.

Rae says he had no idea where this leak could have came from at Cappielow. Of course that doesn't mean it's impossible but, considering the set up at Cappielow, and anyone who would have a possibility of knowing about Falkirk's approach, it's quite improbable.

All of that, coupled with the fact Falkirk have been found guilty, makes Falkirk letting Ray know about their approach, directly or indirectly, the most probable outcome. The idea that someone at Cappielow purposefully sabotaged their own season by clyping that we were asking Falkirk to delay their approach for a few days is far fetched.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not following m8.

SPFL favour the bigger clubs + Falkirk > Morton = case closed in favour of Falkirk, Shirley?

Don't need to follow to understand no punishment has been handed out

Loy scored yet 5318008

Cheers for the summary andy/original message writer, much appreciated. Disappointed with some of the content, particularly about the lewis incident and lang... Surely sending a clear message about zero tolerance would involve some / any kind of recognition of the fan led support for the say no to racism campaign?

The fact a half baked recognition for the pr side of the academy announcement f**k up solely for shareholders was the only show of remorse from her indicates the level of contempt for the rest of the fan base, extremely disappointing to say the least. 

The 6-8 players out is a bigger figure than I would've guessed, long term yes but not in January, though wonder if that figure includes loans.

Dallison, Lewis, Haber and Fasan would be my top four to go. 

I suppose adding Russell, Sammut and Irving would take that up to seven, so 6-8 is easily achieved

8 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Dallison Lewis Haber Fasan Russell Dumbuya O'Hara there's 7 easy options right away. Then you've got guys like rudden and irving who may be included plus Buaben whose contract is up. Then utter mince like kidd and mckee. 6-8 is a smaller figure. 

Cant be right it doesnt match Edibairns list ..lol